Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very pretty car.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Sexy car...yup, you need to be driving it.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        The fam and I were on an outing. We were having lunch outside a cafe on a cool day (this is Australia, but I was huddled in my coat) when up revs a chap in an immaculate vintage sports car, top down, and parks right in front of us. Green radiator fluid spurts out on to the road and runs into the gutter. I'm a total noob when it comes to cars, but even I can see that this is not a well machine. I ask husband if perhaps we should tell the driver. Before I can say anything, just as the driver gets to the footpath, a German tourist politely mentions that the car's radiator is in need of attention. The bluff, middle-aged, Wind-in-the-Willows Toad Chap says...
        "Yah, it doesn't like hot weather."
        And walks off.
        OMG... That German fella should have just driven that car off! I betcha HE would have taken proper care of it!

Hello Cori! Happy New Year Only 12 Days Late!

We did something evil on Monday... we dumped an old (car) friend for a new one. Out with the Chevy Venture, in with the new model year Toyota Sienna. My First is literally in tears - she grew up in that Venture. Yeah, we anthropomorphize our automobiles here at Crabbcakes Manor. Well, we do keep them around until upkeep becomes untenable, as in facing second engine replacements and stuff, so at least we aren't those folks who ditch a new car the moment the next model year of something brings a cooler gadget or souped-up trim.

Did I ever tell you that Hubby's pet car is an '89 Chrysler LeBaron, mint condition, everything factory original, bought from an old lady in Boca who kept it in climate-controlled storage? It is the one with the fancy spare wheel cover stuck on the back. Oh, convertible, too, and low mileage. He loves tooling around these hills in summer with it!

P.S. We love that Sienna! I am getting my first taste of Sirius XM radio, and the Elvis channel is a current fave!
        Last edited by Crabbcakes; 01-12-2013, 06:22 AM.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• I have a much, much newer VW (2011 TDI wagon with the 6-speed tiptronic--way more fun than any station wagon has a right to be) and am wholeheartedly in love with it, but damn, Cori, that's a beautiful car. I would love for us to be able to have a toy car eventually, but here, they really are a seasonal thing. You wouldn't want to subject something like that to our winters, especially with the sand and salt on the roads. Maybe someday I will have a house with a garage that it can live in to dream away the cold months.

And yeah, Crabbcakes, the satellite radio is nice. I don't use it in the city much because we have a lot of good local radio, but it's lovely to have on road trips when you can end up out in the sticks with nothing but faint country music and farm reports drifting up through a sea of static. Also, I don't know if your new beastie has it, but I can plug an SD card directly into my dashboard and play music from it, and a 32GB SD card will hold an awful lot of good music.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• We installed a CD/mp3 player in my crappy mommyvan. I can just insert a thumbdrive in it to listen to whatever. Even a $10 8G drive holds a lot of music.

Cori- Betti is beautiful! Color me green, someday I'd like to own something like that.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Aside inspired by all this talk of car audio: I miss mix tapes. Mix CDs sort of substituted, but there was such an art to planning out a mix tape, getting the song lengths and order just right so that you could tell a sort of story and have it match the length of the side so you didn't either cut off mid-song or have a big long blank space at the end. I used to spend ages planning them out, calculating pauses so that you'd get the seconds for the tape length just right, and figuring out the message I wanted to put together. So Gen X. I should just go get drunk and read Nick Hornby or something.
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• I'll just leave this here for you:

Getting the Body You've Always Wanted | The Hairpin

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                  I'll just leave this here for you:

Getting the Body You've Always Wanted | The Hairpin
                  That is fabulous!
                  Of course any time is a good time here... I'll be checking the obits!

More soon... I'm due a post!
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    That is fabulous!
                    Of course any time is a good time here... I'll be checking the obits!
                    You and me both. Hilarious Owly!

Comment

• Do you ever read Order of the Good Death? I came across that one through the Facebook page for the site. Caitlin Doughty, the site owner, is the woman who does the "Ask a Mortician" videos.

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                        Do you ever read Order of the Good Death? I came across that one through the Facebook page for the site. Caitlin Doughty, the site owner, is the woman who does the "Ask a Mortician" videos.
                        She. Is. Awesome.

And now for me.

I hit a new low on the scale today.
                        It's a good thing.

Also, I touched up my auburn color and made an appointment for a hair cut on Saturday morning.
                        I'm really in need of this.
                        I haven't been in for a cut since I went to my grandfather's funeral, and even then it wasn't my regular stylist so it wasn't cut quite as short as the norm.
                        I'm a good bit shaggy, but it's still styling pretty well... a good cut is worth it's price!
                        I picked up a bottle of semi permanent color in Crimson Rage Red(or something like that) for after the cut to pop in some dip tips on the front of the angled bob for fun.
                        We'll see how the hard red goes on top of the auburn. Should work though... for a pop really red highlight anyway.

Last weeks search for a guy to do my wiring was fruitful!
                        It turned out the guy I was going to see has been building ACVW's and ACVW rail customs for about 30 years.
                        Nailed it!
                        This is what I need.
                        He knows all the ins and the outs.
                        I'm happy. Now I just have to get it there...
                        I'll also be heading out to work on helping husband put a new transmission in his '73 Bronco.

In other news I'm happily custom cutting foam inserts for a set of matching metric and standard craftsman tool chests.
                        My husband told his friends and they have all decided that I'm NOT a normal woman.
                        He agrees, but is happy about that fact.

On a different front my nail polish matches the foam I'm cutting this week.
                        It's called Platinum Party, and is a deep titanium grey with silver sparkles over a base coat of Silver Dollar metallic silver... pretty close to the grey of the top layer of the open cell foam used to line the tool chest. The foam isn't as pretty of course.
                        If I can get the polish to last the week I'm french tipping my accent nail(ring finger) with Cross My Heart, a slightly orange-y intense red, and adding a black separation detail line.

I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind.
                        Until it comes back... fabulous nails shall ensue!

Other inspirations are afoot too... things are stirring... creative juices thawing from a long freeze... I like it.

Back to the mentally healthy space I was in before all the family drama happened.
                        Last edited by cori93437; 01-15-2013, 10:39 PM.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• That nail color sounds excellent. I love me a good silvery/gray shade. My nails have a purple hue lately because of my hair (since my hair already had color and I have only washed it once since dyeing it purple, it's still "bleeding" a lot). It turned my "steel" nails purple and now my unpainted nails look...cold .
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            That nail color sounds excellent. I love me a good silvery/gray shade. My nails have a purple hue lately because of my hair (since my hair already had color and I have only washed it once since dyeing it purple, it's still "bleeding" a lot). It turned my "steel" nails purple and now my unpainted nails look...cold .
                            Those polish colors were chosen the other day to match my LGBTQ shirt that I wear rebelliously, but undercover, around family.
                            It's a heather grey v-neck with black and red writing like this...

Life
                            Goes
                            By
                            Too
                            Quickly

... down the right side.
                            None of them know what it means.
                            Except my lesbian cousin, her sister, and my ultra-liberal gay rights advocating uncle.
                            And they are cool, and know how bigoted and crappy the rest of my family can be.

I'll be adding that bright red accent for date night! Woo!!!

It's just kind of serendipitous that it also matches the Craftsman too chest project I've got going this week.
                            Win, win!
                            Last edited by cori93437; 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM.
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• A couple of my nails chipped...
                              It happens.
                              I buy cheap polish so I can have more colors... I need a new base coat as well.
                              I'm not loving the Orly as much as I thought I would.
                              I also don't like to wear gloves when I wash dishes. As in I won't do it.
                              I've never gotten more than a few days out of a manicure even when my friend who is a pro, and uses pro polishes, does them.
                              *shrug*
                              What's a girl gonna do.
                              I hear all of these rumors about getting an entire week out of a nail polish and I'm all... NO WAY. It's not possible without fakes... those girls MUST be rollin with fakes.

So, anyway... I removed the polish from all the fingers except the ring fingers.
                              Painted the naked fingers in Wet N Wild Fast Dry in Gray's Anatomy, which is this...
                              Scrangie: Wet n Wild Gray's Anatomy versus Deborah Lippmann Wicked Game
                              ...gray base with duochrome thing going on.
                              Yeah, not so much my thing.
                              I snagged it the other day when I was buying a collection of "blue" polishes.
                              But now that it's on it's just not my thing.
                              To much pink/purple shift.
                              Maybe it will grow on me?

See this is where only paying $1.99 for polish comes in handy.
                              I don't feel bad about not liking it.
                              Maybe I'll like it better tomorrow or the next day.
                              If not... whatever. Not like it's a bottle of OPI, or that Deborah Lippmann that the WnW is a dupe of, going in the trash.

Ohh... I also added a couple of coats of the Northern Lights topcoat that you can get at Sally's over the Platinum color on my ring finger... and I'm in LOVE!
                              It's a clear top coat with every color of ultra ultra fine glitter in it... it really has a nice twinkle.
                              The glitter is so fine that until you shake it really well it looks clear, the glitter all settles to the bottom.
                              Nice top coat for just a hint of sparkle instead of "glitter".
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Do you use top coats? I can get a few days out of a polish that way. I do use gloves when I wash dishes (need ones that fit better though) because my hands get too dry otherwise.

If you ever try the OPI crackle polish (lay it on over another color and it cracks), err on the side of "more than you think you need". You can't really touch it up after it's been laid down, so you have to do it in one stroke (or don't overlap strokes on the nail). It looks cool when you get the thickness right, but I found that it turned everything kind of gray (I used black over red) after a few days. I am going to steal my mom's crackle paint again and try it over some absurd neon color .
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X