No announcement yet.

Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love your fish, Cori!! I am so ultimately jealous! I have longed for a salt water tank for AGES! DH won't let me get one b/c they're "so much work", but someday, maybe after the kids have moved out or whatever, I WILL have a salt water tank. I WILL! I am captivated by them when we go to the aquarium. So many vibrant colors and amazing creatures.

I love your Peppermint Shrimp. Reminds me of "Pierre" from Finding Nemo. I can just picture him spinning a fish to clean it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by phigment View Post
      Cori, think your fish are lovely. I love the coloring so bright and vibrant. Just wondering how can you tell Mandy is female?
      Many tropical marine fishes are sexually dimorphic. Meaning there is a visible difference in the males and females of the species... kinda like us humans.
      With Mandy it's that first dorsal fin you see just behind/atop her head. It's short, stubby, and not all that colorful (relative to the male). If she were male it would be larger, more colorful, and have a very long ray/spike coming off it. And would look like this (the top fish is displaying the MALE fin)... and the male will get slightly larger than the female and all fins will be larger more colorful/painted looking. That first dorsal fin is just the easiest signifier to look for.
      This is what Barry and Mandy will look like as a couple when I have them both.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Pretty fishies. I don't think I could do fish, though. They can't remind me if something (or I) fucks up. I think hat's what ultimately killed my hermit crabs: Lubbock water was no bueno for them. Then again, I think Curie was sick when I got her (she kept losing limbs), Schroedinger was just suicidal (he kept appearing outside the 30 gal tank), and Einstein wasn't exactly an Einstein (He'd shit in the food bowl).
      You could do a saltwater tank just fine... because to do saltwater you really need a 4 stage or better RO/DI unit to take EVERYTHING out of the water no matter where you live. (Well, unless you are really lucky and live next to an ocean... some people who live near oceans just run sea water in tanks with UV sterilizers for a few days then add it.
      See. No problem.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      the general rule of thumb with fish is, if they go belly up then something's wrong

THANKYOUILLBEHEREALLEVENING
      In a reef this really never happens... if something dies it usually just creepily and mysteriously disappears.
      There are a ton of detrivore snails, worms, and bugs in there that live under the sand and behide the rocks ... they EAT it. Fast.
      Unless something dies during the day when I'm home to witness it I'll likely never see the evidence since I keep small fishes.
      Last edited by cori93437; 01-07-2013, 11:27 AM.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• aww man, quit ruining my jooooke
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          aww man, quit ruining my jooooke
          +1

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            aww man, quit ruining my jooooke
            Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            +1
            No. >_>

And she knows why...
            re: It probably has something to do wit the fact that I'm now semi-obsessed with nail polish and make-ups.
            Careful... that girl is EVIL!
            She will get sparkle-cooties on you.

Or maybe I was just in reef-nerd mode... whatevs.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              She will get sparkle-cooties on you
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• *giggle*

~Cue girlie time!
                Right now I am painting my toe nails the color Gold Leaf in honor of Notre Dame, 'cause those poor boys are getting walked all over by 'Bama!
                (Yes, a football game inspired my ~girlie time~ pedicure. What?)
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Clitter!! definitely in need of some of that!
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                    Clitter!! definitely in need of some of that!
                    Well, I just choked on my coffee. Is that what it is really called? Wait, I do not want to know.

TIL...I am getting old.

Comment

• Clitter? Is that a relative of vajazzling?
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        Well, I just choked on my coffee.
                        yay, another up!

didn't you guys see the video posted above?
                        my primal journal:

Comment

• CAn't. I'm at work.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            CAn't. I'm at work.
                            This. and now I am not sure I want to. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Comment

• nah, it's relatively safe. well, without the sound at least (my sound driver won't properly install, so my laptop is mute)
                              my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                                nah, it's relatively safe. well, without the sound at least (my sound driver won't properly install, so my laptop is mute)
                                Mine is mute too... I thought my sound card went bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X