Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    I've loved Johnny Cash forever... when he did this... when I first heard it... my heart stopped for a second. Amazing man.
    Word. I've loved Cash for a long time. I like his version better than the original, which is saying a lot for me, as I don't like folks covering other folk's songs.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Wow, that sailing video was the coolest thing I ever did see with my eyes.
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Cash's "Hurt" makes me cry, put that away!
        Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          Cash's "Hurt" makes me cry, put that away!
          I think the word you are looking for is cathartic...
          Or at least that's it for me.

And yes.

The Slipknot album Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses is very, sort of violently, cathartic for me...
          The WHOLE thing... It rages, and mellows, and weeps, and rages... and stalks.
          Here... it weeps. (After a good long rage... )

It speaks to me in unspeakable ways.
          Last edited by cori93437; 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

wow, i have heard that song before! i've seen the video of the guy "sailing." ditto about awolnation/darker stuff. the other stuff seems fluffy in comparison and just doesn't hook me like that song does. i also love the video, with the solo captain/steampunk theme. i need to find some good steampunk animated movies, the music is usually pretty awesome from what i remember.

also a big fan of johnny cash. my eldest is hooked. it's fully my intention to manipulate my kids into liking music that i like.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I have a full hour of swedish and pressure point custom massage for my head, neck, and back scheduled for the morning... like 10:45... that's EARLY for me... (I don;t sleep until 2-4am usually, soooo... )
              Don't laugh... it is. I'm just not a morning person. I'm not surly or anything, I just don't like the morning hours, unless I'm enjoying a sunrise as my own personal sunset.
              It's a good thing I will have iced coffee to sip, slurp, and make general love to.
              I'm supposed to pick up my scrip meds and do a little shopping after the massage... HAHAHAHHAAHHA... as if!
              I'll be all noodly, who shops all relaxed and noodly?

Husband took note of how the girl who scheduled my appointment said "Im sure you'll enjoy our services".

So, tonight something a little different.

Sad to say... I wouldn't be nearly as resistant.
              Last edited by cori93437; 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

One last thing before I sleep...

In my mind A certain BananaBatshitCrazyGirl is the stupid old dad (before the end of course) here.

If she lived in my neighborhood and I found out...
                I'd ride out on my

And go all...

On her...
                ...and then I'd make a special, super shiny, lollipop shank and put her out of my misery.
                The END!

I think maybe I can sleep now.
                Last edited by cori93437; 05-26-2012, 12:47 AM.
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

i saw these guys in a bar concert. that sexy deep voice isn't real.
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

Hehehe.. awesome!
                    Also... now I need that lollipop to gouge MiT with for the insane crap he posted about gay people in that thread.

Admission of the day... I LIKE the FH version of this song.
                    Also... Hugo's version of...

I really must sleep before another MORON posts something I find absolutely intolerable. 5 hours is plenty right? O_o
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Notes to self...

A. A therapeutic massage is not the happy fun times that a regular "relaxing and doing it to chill" massage is.
                      NOT at all.
                      There is pain involved... pain and cussing... and feeling bruised.
                      I'll be going back next Saturday for more torture.

B. As awesome as my rants in Robot Chicken format are... I need to stop reading certain peoples posts. EVER.
                      Also, I need to stop reading the MDA forum in general after all cool and sane peoples are obviously no longer up playing... because that leads to reading the post of insane people.
                      Next time you are all insomnia ridden self... just read a damn book!
                      And always, always, always ignore the peoples with farts for brains who are either too stupid to know that they are that freaking stupid (rant A), or too stoned to realize it plus they actually cherish their own fartforbrainness (rant B).

C. Umm... I guess that's it. Except that given the option I would certainly opt to BE the chainsaw weilding, zombie slaying cheerleader, because AWESOMESAUCE!
                      And, I got no happy ending... but now I'm thinking about that eggroll!

Also, those people are from here on out known as Swans... because they rain madness, and just general crap, on my lollipop parade.

Is it wrong that I may be sucked in to buying this game?
                      Killing shit with chainsaws suddenly looks fabulous! Why have I never participated in this before?
                      Last edited by cori93437; 05-26-2012, 11:12 AM.
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Another note to self...
                        Stop reading the threads in "nutrition" if the word "carb(s)" is anywhere in the flipping title...

First... there's this one guy who thinks that ALL people have 20something fit guy metabolisms... his diatribe is annoying.

Second... anytime a person starts to talk about eating 1200 cal for breakfast or food by the QUART... WTF?
                        I MIGHT manage 1500 cal a day, on a good day when I try... and I'm 5'9" and no where near skinny... and no I'm not underestimating because I recently tracked a bit out of morbid curiosity since I never feel like eating.

Third... reading about eating those quantities of food makes me slightly nauseous so that I want to eat even less... and I don't think that eating at near/sub 1k/day is healthy for a person my height/size.

I'm obviously grumpy/bitchy today, and starting to feel like I need a nap (maybe I'll sleep tonight??)... I wonder if the dominatrix massaging me this morning released a bunch of toxins into my system that are now making me feel all these negative things. I'm usually so zen...
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

So I tracked today...
                          almost 1150 cal... big milky iced coffee thing for breakfast before my massage, no lunch/not hungry, 8oz(raw weight) pork loin chop-4servings mixed steamed veg- one serving rice- one Tbs butter mixed with veg and rice.

Umm... yeah, average day.
                          Why you no lose no weight stupid body? You obviously aren't getting too much foods...

I bought that watermelon to eat, but dinner has me so stuffed that I'm not even sure I will eat any tonight.
                          Mehhhhhh.... and the bad part... if I posted cals and stuff in the forum they'd be all "eat more".
                          Umm... no. Not unless I intend to puke it back up. Bleh!

I don't really want advice. I just want to be openly pissy about being defective... and reading all the "Omg it's SO easy posts."
                          Giant, sparkly, multi-colored, Lollipop shanks for aaaaallllllllllllllllll.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

That lollipop shank sounds mighty tasty right about now. Waiting for potatoes to boil so I can fail at smashed taters.

I frequently "undereat" (probably regularly around 1500 calories which doesn't seem like enough to me), but I haven't lost anymore weight (that I don't need to/am not looking to lose) in over a month. So you're not alone in that. Bodies are weird.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

i've been tracking, but i'm guesstimating amounts of food as i don't have a scale. i'm down to 1500-1700 cal/ day, which is definitely lower than i normally eat.

nameless- do you have any heavy whipping cream or mayo? that's how we make our mashed potatoes into awesomeness. also, i don't boil the potatoes in water, but i put the cut potatoes in a small amount of water with a lid and steam them just until they're really tender. if there's still little enough water in the pan, i just leave it in with the potatoes when i mash.
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I have whole milk so I used that and kerrygold butter (and a LOT of garlic powder) and they turned out pretty tasty. I had Boyfriend help because I was scared to mess it up and my taste buds are not refined enough to figure out the seasonings.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X