No announcement yet.

Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's good to hear from you, but crushing that the news is that you're in a holding pattern. Holding patterns sap your strength, but it sounds as though you're doing really well by taking some control of the situation. Love and hugs to you.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Been away and just catching up, saw your update on the surgery thing. Waiting sucks.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• i hate when docs are dismissive, and i usually don't actually have a serious problem! it's awesome that you were able to subvert him with an old prescription. i hope it continues to work well for you.
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• I know this is fast... and I really don't know if it will last... but...
          I feel Sofa KING Fabulous!!!

Seriously!
          I chilled most of the day... but had to go to Walmart to pick up those scripts...
          And it was OMGbusy! As in School starts Monday busy... But I was fine!
          And able to walk around and smile and joke!

So the Med combo makes me a little ADD wide awake hyper/high...
          But mother-fucking FUCK it!
          My speech is SO good!
          And I can Listen to stuff...
          And I don't feel like all my fuses are blowing!

I still have a pressure headache... so it doesn't relieve all my symptoms 100%.
          BUT I feel SOooo much better!

Yes, I'm all ramped up like I'm a soccer mom who stole my kid's Adderall or something... whatevs!
          I deserve a little fun I think.
          Hell... I should even have plenty of extra energy for the treadmill... maybe even venturing OUT of the house soon if things keep going well.
          Husband even asked if I want to go to Sea World tomorrow... I'm not sure I ready for THAT yet though. LOL

I'm very aware of dosing, and I'm at a LOW dose still compared to others taking this same combo for the same condition.
          And I will be finding a Neurologist willing to participate in supervising this treatment plan, and it's possible problems.
          My biggest pet peeve is that the other doc wasn't even opposed to prescribing it because of the possible problems with it when combined with my current med. He only mentioned another reason... Mostly because it didn't fit his original idea of my problem, the ass shat.
          Last edited by cori93437; 08-18-2012, 06:35 PM.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• er mah gerd cori's high, she's hiiiiiiiiigh

welcome back, btw
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• lol @ ass shat

i hope you're enjoying the "up."
              my primal journal:

Comment

• Bugs are beautiful!
                Sphaerophoria | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• So glad that you are finding some relief. Stupid Doctor.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• omg paula, i love your new profile pic!
                    my primal journal:

Comment

• Thanks, Saoirse the pic was taken 2 weeks ago in Florida by my husband. The full picture can be found in my journal a few pages back.

Cori, I hope you are having a good day today.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        Thanks, Saoirse the pic was taken 2 weeks ago in Florida by my husband. The full picture can be found in my journal a few pages back.

Cori, I hope you are having a good day today.
                        I woke up bouncing and smiling... it's a wonderful day!
                        I was joking around with husband and had to say OUT LOUD, "I'm going to go SIT and drink my coffee now, it's what I do... then I can do other things!"

I feel good.
                        It's crazy and I like it.

I brushed up on my high risk for kidney stones dietary stuff last night... I'm right on track.
                        I really think the people who have the problems with these meds don't pay the attention to their diet, and the additional supplements, that they need to. Time will tell on that one though. I do everything I have hashed up from the internet to possibly prevent them, but I also have a special stash of very potent pain medication just in case one happens.
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Neurologists are such an elite specialty that there does seem to be a lot of them that feel they are the right hand of God incarnate.

I was talking to my neuro about going ketogenic and reducing my med intake. She did the totally dismissive attitude thing too. "I don't see why you would bother given that the meds are working", was her response.

Um, hello, I am "bothering" to improve my long term health.

So, I'm doing my N=1 experiment without her official "blessing" just keeping her informed.

You know what you need and always remember that the doctors work for you, not the other way around. I'm so glad you are finding a med combo that is working for you.

Comment

• Yea! Hi high Cori! Glad you're back!
                            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Hey Cori!

glad to hear you are finally having a damned fine day! Re the kidney stones - yeah, you really don't want those. I had some two years ago, and landed in the emergency room, so you are sooooo wise to take proactive steps. If you get those, you will take labor and delivery over that any day of the week...

The weather is truly fine up here in O-hi-o, and I'm off for the Monday therapy round...
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Went closet shopping for a pair of pants... a smaller pair of pants... and they FIT!

There's a party in my pants people!

Walkin' with a Rrrroll.... and pep!
                                Last edited by cori93437; 08-20-2012, 06:52 PM.
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X