Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Cori,

Grizz is baaaaaack on the iodine thread. Yikes. And there is some woman who is a self styled "breast activist of 20 years" who is circulating the FBD>>>cancer meme again. WTF is a "breast activist" anyway?

So, if you get bored you can go over and set her straight with all those great citations you already posted. *sigh*
    Or you could get on with your life. Up to you.

Hugs,
    Robin

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      Hi Cori,

Grizz is baaaaaack on the iodine thread. Yikes. And there is some woman who is a self styled "breast activist of 20 years" who is circulating the FBD>>>cancer meme again. WTF is a "breast activist" anyway?

So, if you get bored you can go over and set her straight with all those great citations you already posted. *sigh*
      Or you could get on with your life. Up to you.

Hugs,
      Robin
      I peaked...
      My squished brain isn't so up for digging up and reviewing medical journal articles much lately.
      Light banter and endless random typing from taking pain meds is about it.

I read that Grizz wasn't quite welcomed as the self-styled iodine messiah that he makes himself out to be over at Curezone...
      Shocking right?
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Big news ... later!

Right now husband is dragging me out of the house to procure FOOD, because we didn't do it yesterday and I fed him my ground turkey breast (which he hates!). LOL
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• So, today I got the call.
          I'm scheduled for a special type of MRI (it had to be approved by the director of the hospital with the stipulation that a Medtronic rep MUST be in attendance during the procedure), a lumbar puncture under flouroscopy to check my CSF pressure again, and the Medtronic rep will also interrogate my Stim generator...
          Wednesday morning!

I really wasn't expecting it to happen so fast, but my doc (the Neurosurgeon) put a rush on it so it's all a GOgoGO.
          Next Monday I will be back in the Neurosurgeon's office to review the test results, go over the findings, and if everything is as he believes, schedule a surgery date...
          And this guy doesn't play around. He is in the O.R. allllllll the time.

I could be just a couple of short weeks away from surgery right now.

Fer'serious!
          It's all going a bit faster than I honestly expected it would.
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            Fer'serious!
            It's all going a bit faster than I honestly expected it would.
            It is a lot like being at an amusement park, waiting for the brand-new scarier-than-hell roller coaster: wait in line for ages, then get in the car and wait some more, then you get a little action as the thing starts to move and climb - but all of a sudden...
            ZOOOOOOOOM!!!

Here's more HUGS! I've been lurking a lot lately and thought I should finally say something.
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Wow! Yeah, I can imagine that would be quite a bit to take in, but seems like a good thing. Just make sure someone checks in here for you after your surgery so we know all is well!
              Depression Lies

Comment

• and now it's time for the good time-flies-by whoosh
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• hugs from here too. huge hugs.
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanks for hugs n' stuff everybodies!

It seems my nerves have been on edge all week as evidenced by the OCD things I've got going on.
                    My lip is so sore from picking and biting it... Bleh.
                    It's about time for me to find a way to chill!
                    But, tests don't inspire 'chilling' much.
                    I've never had the type of MRI they are doing, only the much less clear CT scans, what if it shows something completely different is wrong with me?
                    Time for another lumbar puncture... what if the pressure is actually lower than last time?
                    And then there is the Stim interrogation... I'm totally familiar with that process, but I'm currently at 6 years of the possible 7 year lifespan of this generator. What if they find that it's nearing EOL(end of life) and needs replacing as well?! Do I have to have it replaced first and wait for that to be complete to have my head taken care of?
                    Blerg.
                    Yeah... stress.

Ok, so mine don't really look like I'm dribbling True Blood down my chin...
                    But they are red and raw, and very sore.
                    I need to find a zen place and settle in it for a while, but all the STUFF is happening!
                    I think husband needs to take me to the beach this weekend...
                    Possibly the nude beach.
                    Skinny dipping, even if you aren't exactly skinny, is good for the soul.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Hi Cori,

Usually, when I read a new journal (new to me, I mean), if it's long, I read the first few pages to see where the person started, and the last few to see where they are now.

Tonight/this morning, I started at page one of your journal, and you have kept me totally mesmerized. I even got up about a half hour ago and made a cup of espresso because I didn't want to lose the continuity for something as silly as sleep. Thank you so much for sharing all of this. This may be some of the bravest writing I've seen... well, ever.
                    Hi JoanieL,

It took me a bit to come back to this because I wasn't sure how to respond.
                    So I'm just going to say "Thank You".

Brave wasn't my intention.
                    I was just putting some stuff out there from my life.
                    Good stuff, bad stuff... it is what it is.

Also, since it's my ER-versary in a couple of days I have been feeling story-ish again.
                    So it seems that more is forthcoming.
                    Last edited by cori93437; 08-07-2012, 12:20 AM.
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I asked husband to take me to Fort Desoto State Park this weekend.
                      Nope. Not the nude beach.
                      In case I don't feel very well Ft. Desoto is also a GREAT shelling beach.
                      Pinellas County, Florida, Park & Conservation Resources - Fort De Soto Park

And then, once he told me "Of course we'll go"...
                      He said, "How are we going to keep you out of the sun?"

Awwwwww... crap!
                      I forgot about that little issue.
                      A. I'm pale, and I burn... and my body hasn't seen the sun at all in just over a year now.
                      B. The medication I'm on causes sun burning... like a sun allergic reaction kind of thing.
                      When we were standing in line waiting to get into the MMA fights for 15 minutes the other week...
                      My exposed skin on my arms started feeling hot an prickly/itchy.
                      I was standing so that I was getting as little exposure as possible, and so that most of me was sort of shaded.

Anyway... small details!
                      Yes, I forgot about my sun issues.
                      Yes, I'm going to the f*king beach anyway!
                      I have long sleeve ultra light fabric fishing shirts, and pants.
                      And I have wide brim hats, and face covering buffs...
                      And I have a giant rainbow patio/beach umbrella.

And a BIG rainbow colored regular umbrella to carry like a lady with a parasol.

(While Ft Desoto does have a dog beach, my guys will be staying at home.)
                      I hope it's not too windy.

Anyway... there will be getting up really early to drive 2 hours over there, a cooler lunch, shell picking, white sand, and blue water...
                      And I will let go.
                      And I will get very tired, and I probably won't spend all day because being hot raises my head pressure.
                      But I will go.
                      Last edited by cori93437; 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM.
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• You go girl.
                        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• have a blast, and enjoy the nap afterward!
                          my primal journal:
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                            have a blast, and enjoy the nap afterward!
                            The most likely scenario has me riding home high on the hydros just like on MMA fight night.
                            Then I can deal with the LIESliesLIES about how great I still feel after going and doing whatever I want the next day.
                            There are some small perks to having access to narcotics!
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                              There are some small perks to having access to narcotics!
                              Well, let me go ahead and warn you not to drink alcohol in excess while taking narcotics; there really should be warnings somewhere about that. Mixing the 2 in Mexico gets you 459,357 hits on Youtube in less than 4 days.
                              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Yeah... tequila+ narcotics+ muscle relaxers was the meanest night I don't remember. According to Geek, I was looser, slurrier, and more fluid than he'd ever seen, like one of those water balloon toys if it could talk and sound stoned. I don't remember a damn thing, but the hangover was one of the meanest fuckers I've ever dealt with. It even beat out the migraines from cottonseed oil.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X