Daizymom's Primal Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daizymom's Primal Journey

I am 39 years old, married for 16 years to a great guy, and the mother of 3 children.

I started Primal with a Whole 30 in March of this year. When it was over, Iíd lost 12 lbs, and realized I couldnít go back to my old way of eating. I continued with Whole 30 for the most part, and then started following Jack Kruseís Leptin Reset for a few weeks in April and May. My starting weight was 275 lbs, and today I am at 256 lbs so I am thrilled with my results. The scale has been up this past week, and Iím really trying not to stress about that.  Iím staying the course and know the numbers will follow.

It took a while, but I finally started the Primal fitness this week. I have walked an hour a day for the last 3 days, and started strength training- Planks, push-ups, lunges and squats. My plan is to do these 3 days a week. I am loving this type of fitness. Every time that Iíve mentioned going for a walk, at least 1 of my 3 children has come with me. Iím not trying to win any races, or raise my heart rate, so itís a great time for together time, as well as a time for them to get more physical activity.

I am going on a cruise in February of 2013, and I will have lost 100 lbs by then. My mid point goal is my 40th birthday in September, and my plan is to have lost 50 to 60 lbs by then.

We have a challenge here at work. Last week, on Wednesday I weighed in at 259. I was pretty discouraged, but I tried to keep telling myself that the weight would go down. Afterall, I know I'm doing everything I should be. Finally, on Thursday, after 2 weeks of steady gains, the number started to fall again. Today, when I weighed myself for my challenge, I was down 9 lbs! By my scale at home, I am now under the 250 mark which also means that I'm closer to 200 than 300. It's a milestone for me. I'm so excited. So happy to be living the Primal lifestyle. If I can do this - working full time, with 3 kids, and a husband who refuses to stop buying junkfood, believe me anyone can do this!

Comment

Wow.. Im so happy for you. You have a wonderful goal in mind and a very strong will power I will be cheering you on, I know by next year you will have lost the weight you want maybe even more. Its good that you and at least one of your kids go on a walk together its great family time. My mother and I now take at least a short walk around the block every night we can. Hope to see more posts in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X