What's---The name of my journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
    Pretty, femme, and willing to put up with not "if" but "when" their feet blistered and bled.
    We had a female on our wrestling team. Everyone thought it was funny until she started whooping ass. She was tough as hell. Someone asked how the hell this tiny girl was such a beast and she said something like, "I've done 10 years of ballet, this is easy." She was tough. Sadly our ever so open-minded coach ran her off the team because she was not a dude. Moron.

Comment

• We had two girls who played football.

I played basketball in jr high and my freshman year. Volleyball freshman year as well... and when I say "played" I use that term loosely... I was a benchwarmer b/c I didn't have the right family. Living in a small town, who you come from matters more than how well/poorly you can play.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• The only sports I played were soccer (off and on throughout my childhood) and gymnastics (6 weeks as a gift and then my parents couldn't afford it.)
        I loved soccer. Oh, I have/ had shin splints from it and a rib that never quite healed right from being stomped on by a fullback (who weighed twice what I did) that literally ran me over, but I still loved it. There's something exhilarating about dribbling a ball around "The Wall" of a fullback who couldn't move in time to stop me. There's a rush when you've pulled out ahead of everyone else and the goalie's not paying attention. There's that feeling of frigid wind in the hair when every other part of you is covered in team gear, it's snowing, and you're just hoping your cleats work on the snow and fake grass. *Ahem* I loved it.
        The bronchitis I got the year I played in middle school didn't, my rib doesn't, and, 3 concussions later, my head doesn't, but I did.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          We had a female on our wrestling team. Everyone thought it was funny until she started whooping ass. She was tough as hell. Someone asked how the hell this tiny girl was such a beast and she said something like, "I've done 10 years of ballet, this is easy." She was tough. Sadly our ever so open-minded coach ran her off the team because she was not a dude. Moron.
          We had a girl try out for my high school team. Coach asked me to show her show her the basics. Everyone wanted me to go rough on her to try and get her to quit. Couldn't do. Just not me. I tried to teach her what I could and prepare her for what to expect from the rest of the team. She lasted for a little while, but eventually quit. I think the main reason was some of the guys were afraid of being shown up by a girl. We could have finally gotten past the stupid joke of rolling around with guys and they screwed it up by chasing away the only girl.
          My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I lettered twice in field hockey! I showed up to every practice (required, since that was our gym class) and I made an excellent space-holder during games so the girls with skills could do their thing

Our team songs were Baby Got Back and Who Let the Rams Out (Baa, baa, baa)
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Our team songs....Who Let the Rams Out (Baa, baa, baa)
              That's horrible. Just...horrible.
              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• I really do keep saying horrible things in your journal, don't I? Hmph, gonna have to work on that.

And blame that one on Sena (which was far more descriptive a name than her given one of Serena). I think she played football through middle school . . . (but was far from fugly- it just wasn't fair)
                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Ummm... You think THAT'S bad? Allow me to introduce my high school. It's official name was Science and Engineering Magnet at (name)(complex). We had trouble even fitting the acronym into spaces.
                  Our mascot was the atom (officially, we were the eagles, but no one knew that until we showed up to graduation and wondered why the hell an eagle was on the program.) We had no sports, only UIL academic. Our "fight song," you ask? *clears throat*
                  Sine, sine, cosine, sine
                  Electron, neutron, quark,
                  we'll bet you missed the mark!
                  We may be the Atom, smallest of the small,
                  But, like gravity, before us you'll fall!
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    Ummm... You think THAT'S bad? Allow me to introduce my high school. It's official name was Science and Engineering Magnet at (name)(complex). We had trouble even fitting the acronym into spaces.
                    Our mascot was the atom (officially, we were the eagles, but no one knew that until we showed up to graduation and wondered why the hell an eagle was on the program.) We had no sports, only UIL academic. Our "fight song," you ask? *clears throat*
                    Sine, sine, cosine, sine
                    OMG... BEST fight song EVER!!!
                    I'm gonna be singing the first two lines ALL DAY!
                    Where are my POMPOMS!
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      Ummm... You think THAT'S bad? Allow me to introduce my high school. It's official name was Science and Engineering Magnet at (name)(complex). We had trouble even fitting the acronym into spaces.
                      Sine, sine, cosine, sine
                      Your highschool was way cooler than mine. Mine was just an overpriced place to dump unwanted children. I mean- the oldest boarding school in America. (Hey, it kept me from flunking out of public school- even if they did manage to lose track of me a couple of times and called my mother to ask if I had come to school)

Comment

• High school mascot was a "spy ponder". There's a pond in town (Spy Pond)...but what the fuck a "spy ponder" is, nobody knows. It used to be a Native American head, styled after a sculpture behind town hall.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

Our team songs were Baby Got Back
                          <3

and our fight song didn't mention math at all, but it did have like 3 verses. Is it sad I still remember how it goes?
                          Last edited by canio6; 06-14-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            <3

and our fight song didn't mention math at all, but it did have like 3 verses. Is it sad I still remember how it goes?
                            We didn't have a fight song, I don't think anyway. We were the Tigers, so we heard Eye of the Tiger a lot. I mean a lot.

We won our last game! Finished 2-3 with the youngest team in the tournament! Bottom of the 5th (last inning), 1 out, we're up 7-5, they've got runners on 1st and 2nd...batter hits a little bloop fly ball to the pitcher's mound, our "pitcher" runs around the pitching machine, catches the pop fly on a run, then goes straight to 3rd and tagged the kid for a game ending double play. Same kid had already thrown a guy out at first from the mound on one knee. I want to adopt/kidnap him, he's awesome. 1 had 2 or 3 RBI's. He was 2 for 3, his one out got the guy from 1st to 3rd, so sacrifice FTW. I'm pretty bummed that he signed up for football, so we probably won't be able to play fall ball...plus we're moving to a different school so it sucks that we'll have to play these kids from now on.

Comment

• It sounds like good times were had by all. Nice. What position does he play in football?

Comment

• We don't know yet. This is his first year. I don't think he's going to like it but he asked to play, so play he will.

Comment

Working...
                                X