No announcement yet.

What's---The name of my journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid American reevaluates our account every 3 months to see if it needs to be adjusted. In the last two years, the payment has only gone up to $85 a month, during the winter months. I like the idea of them keeping the extra and applying it to future bills b/c then I don't have to be responsible and hold onto it myself.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Awesome! Our central unit blew some kind of something last summer while we were gone for the weekend, it just blew the fan nonstop, no cooling effect. All weekend, 95* outside, windows closed with the unit bringing in hot air from outside and stuffing it inside. The thermostat said 08* when we got home because it doesn't read triple digits. Worst welcome home ever, except for the time a water line burst and we had a basement pool.
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• We won last night! WooHoo! I think it was 9-2, which is the closest game I've seen during this tourney. Most games get called by the 15 run mercy rule. Winning makes everything so much more enjoyable, you're a lot less testy with the kids plus they just played better. 1 got 2 singles. He's the most consistent hitter on the team, he's struck out only once this week, he may not get on base because he's so slow but he makes a good sacrifice hitter. #proudcoach #prouddad

Comment

• Can't underestimate the usefulness of a good sacrifice.

Comment

• Dads sacrificing children for the sake of what is essentially a glorified version of children's stick ball. I don't get it. Never did.

(Congrats on the win- it sounded like your kids needed one after being trounced by the stacked teams)
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Did you just refer to America's pastime as stick ball? The Great Bambino will come out of your closet tonight, but won't be bringing words of encouragement like he did in The Sandlot. Mark my words.

Comment

• Yes, yes I did. It's not my fault. I couldn't help myself.

And as slowly as I run, I bet I can still outrun a baseball player
                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                  Yes, yes I did. It's not my fault. I couldn't help myself.

And as slowly as I run, I bet I can still outrun a baseball player
                  If you're not careful booter might just chase you with a stick lol. I remember my last year playing softball, close to a .800 batting average, but I never hit more than a single. I am slower than frozen shiat.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    If you're not careful booter might just chase you with a stick lol.
                    Aah! *Runs away before making more disparaging remarks about glorified children's games*

(Part of this is sour grapes on my part. I don't have any eye-hand coordination. Putting an implement in my hand to hit something with just accentuated this)

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                      Aah! *Runs away before making more disparaging remarks about glorified children's games*

(Part of this is sour grapes on my part. I don't have any eye-hand coordination. Putting an implement in my hand to hit something with just accentuated this)
                      What's funny about this age group is that you can absolutely for sure tell which parents are trying to live vicariously through their kids. The parents that I went to school with whose kids play fall into 2 categories: (1) played sports (2) didn't play or played and sucked. Guess which parents yell at their kids and/or try to coach them from the bleachers more?
                      I got mad last night, the little dude playing the pitcher position (machine pitch league, they're just there for defense) for the other team tried to catch the ball thrown from the catcher, got off balance, and fell down. He's like 5, he fell down. His dad yelled "Good job son! Now everyone's laughing at you!" I was like, damn dude, that's pretty uncalled for.

Comment

• Ouch. My brothers both played soccer (Mom tried with us girls, but it didn't work) so we saw those parents. With the age-groupings we got to know which ones we located on the field to be sure to sit somewhere else. I remember one kid, Lance, that was my little brother's age. Nice kid, but his mother was a harpy. We were pretty sure he was going to end up as some sort of a delinquent not through any fault of his own, but because there's no other possible result with a mother like that.

I'm all for getting kids into sports- as long as they're fun, fulfilling experiances. The minute it turns into torture- torture that the child didn't ask for that is*- then it goes from a positive to a negative. Particularly in today's world with the rabid focus on "team players." *groan*

* Sports of all types involve pain, injury, and being told you're doing it wrong. I'm very aware of that. But it should be the kid choosing to work through it not the parent placing that expectation on them.

Comment

• I hate parents like that. Just let the damn kid have fun!
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm having flashbacks now.LOL Some highlights when my son played ll. A father grabbing his son by the collar and throwing him up on the wall of the dugout. A mom approaching a coach of another team and promising him, er, "favors" if he would play her son more. A coach who if he was winning wasn't afraid of a little bit of lightning, but if he was losing, the game MUST BE CALLED FOR THE SAFETY OF THE PLAYERS!!! Strange bedfellows, as in the coaches who were the bank examiner and the guy who had spent time in prison for bank fraud. I could go on and on. The poor little kids, most of them were more interested in the snow cone afterward than the game itself.

Comment

• I didn't play sports, I did dance. My sister is going to let her daughter do soccer which I think is good & she does dance also. Over in China they have some kind of thing about not letting kids do extracurricular activities so they can do their homework, there was a book about it, Tiger Mother or something. Anyway, I couldn't have done sports, just too girly.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                                I didn't play sports, I did dance. My sister is going to let her daughter do soccer which I think is good & she does dance also. Over in China they have some kind of thing about not letting kids do extracurricular activities so they can do their homework, there was a book about it, Tiger Mother or something. Anyway, I couldn't have done sports, just too girly.
                                I'm confused. Dancing is not a sport? What kind did you do? I've had trouble walking after dance lessons that were done right. And ballet dancers, at the very least, have to be tough as shit. Pretty, femme, and willing to put up with not "if" but "when" their feet blistered and bled.

Comment

Working...
                                X