What's---The name of my journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Who? Neil Gaiman? or one of the guys on the wilderness show? One of them puts up a bear fence because a vet or a park ranger told him to.
    This Neil Gaiman feller...
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• ah
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Yeah, that Neil Gaiman feller has tons of money. Then again, he writes some good stuff. My wife is all hot for him, but honestly I think he is kind of scrubby looking. Eh, yeah, that is my jealousy talking.

He does have a nice house...and bees...

Comment

• The bees would explain the fence. Apparently you need an electric fence if you're beekeeping in Colorado Springs. When I told Mom that, she said that one of her bee-keeping friends had to put one up in Maine for the same reason.
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Neil Gaiman is amazeballs.
            He writes beautiful novels, shorts, and graphics that I LOVE to read.
            He has monies, and white GSD's that I love, and beeezzzz.

But, alas, he is decidedly not hot, is quite scruffy, and, as much as I love his words which can often sway THIS girl (*cough* Corey Taylor*cough*), I have never wanted to make out with hims.

I save that for my sweet ginger Booter.

Have a great weekend.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Definitely a good weekend, maybe not great. We (all star team) got schooled Friday night by a team whose coaches wanted to embarrass our kids...I really think they did. Arguing an out (not even the 3rd out) when you're winning by 13 runs in the second inning is a bit extreme, if you ask me. We have the youngest team in the tourney, we have 5 7 year old kids and 1 or 2 5 year olds, mine included. Everyone else stacked their team with 8 year olds, our team understands they're losing (badly) but bless their hearts, they're still having fun. Saturday night we at least scored 3 runs, and played way better, but still got beat pretty badly. At least the coaches weren't a-holes. Yesterday was church and more "getting the house ready for a for-sale sign" work. My dad called yesterday, which was the first time in 3 weeks or so that I talked to him...he tried to be all woe is me, no one loves me, but he really didn't remember what caused all this in the first place and had constructed a different reality about who said what and why. Plus, he was slurring so bad that I couldn't hardly understand what he was saying. At one point he sort of implied that the way he's acting isn't his fault, which I'm assuming is a really lame way of admitting he has a problem, but I don't buy it. Not too long ago, I felt like I needed to drink everyday, I would even get anxious if I had to go somewhere in the evenings because that meant I had to stay up later to get drunk before bed. I knew that it was going to cause a rough morning after, but I still did it. Of course, I wasn't like that for 40 years like he has been, but still, I quit because I wanted to. I want to be present, literally and figuratively, for my kids. I'm glad I have this place to put this out there, I don't have any friends IRL that I would want to go to with all this, I have those that would listen and all, but it's different here. I type more things than I would say about the matter.
              Oh! Almost forgot. My younger cousin and I went coyote hunting Saturday morning (dang it gets daylight early, I got up at 4:30!). I was set up in a fence row with woods behind and a large field of very tall grass in front of me. My electronic "rabbit in distress" call was no more than 2 feet from my right foot (I have a little tripod chair I sit on, keeps the lazy creepy crawlys away). I hear something coming up behind me (was worried a bit because I was also playing a "fawn in distress" call on and off and have heard about adult deer coming up on those fast!), I turn to look over my right shoulder in time to see a fox run under the fence and right by my call, I could have kicked him if I had time to. It's like he did a "fly-by" to check out the noise, he ran on maybe 15 yards and stopped, then started hopping up to see over the tall grass. I got a shot off and I know I grazed him because I found quite a bit of fur, but alas, I think I only made him piss himself. I can't believe after all this time coyote hunting I have a beautifully colored fox get so close I can't see him in my scope...my bad luck, or his super good luck. Upside is that my cousin and I seen at least 7 deer in that field, I love watching deer...now I know exactly where to put my treestand this fall!

Comment

• I'm sorry about your father, but I'm glad you were able to get yourself sorted out. It's not easy, but it's so worth it.

They do say foxes are clever
                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Thanks, and obviously, they're smarter than me.

Too much seriousness going around lately, I shall remedy. So yesterday I got to work early, left early, got ready for game 3 of tournament...drove the 50 mins. to 1 hour there. 1 and I go in the field complex as it begins to get super dark and super cloudy. We use the restroom and come out just in time for everyone to run for cover because the rain came in like fast and sideways, like a gang of mid-life crisis banker-men in a newly formed biker gang. We all cram underneath the awning for 15 minutes or so until they call all the games...so tonight I get to do it all over again. Probably get rained out again. Still gotta go, just in case. It sucks.
                  I ended up finishing the caulking of the crown molding I put up in the bathroom. There were some rather large cracks at some of the joints, not my fault, mind you, I'm saying it was definitely the walls that are out of square. You know, because I don't do stuff wrong.
                  http://chzdatingfails.files.wordpres...ors-again1.gif

Comment

• Sounds legit. Out-of-square walls are a national menace. Be glad you caught it early before it spread to the ceilings and floors. Before you know it you will be living in a rhombus shaped house or, worse yet, a round one unable to find a corner. Of course, I know enough about home repair to think that crown molding has to do with fashioning headgear for royalty so wtf do I know?

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                      Bahahaha! Oh. Wait. I guess I'm supposed to get huffy about that as a woman or something.

Meh.

Hahahaha!

Comment

• So, we had free movies channels this weekend and recorded several movies, a couple of which we will never watch and end up deleting it in a couple months (happened last time we got free movie channels). We watched X-Men:First Class...and I must say...all in all....it sucked big time. It was so hopelessly strung together, it was like the special effects folks said "hey it would be cool if we did ___" and another guy said "and ___". Then the director said, "how do we transition from ___ to the ___?" and a guy getting the coffee and doughnuts said "make the explosions bigger and no one will notice the lack of fluidity." To which the director said, "brilliant! did you my latte with skinny cow milk this time?" Just my 2 pennies, I can't remember when it came out in theaters, so I can't remember if the movie "yea or nayers" yea or nayed it.

Comment

• I didn't see it as I tend to avoid those types of movies. The ones where Hollywood says, "Huh, we have no new ideas, no remakes, and Tyler Perry is busy soooooo...I know lets make a <insert superhero here> junior movie. You know, like when he/she/it/them was young and just starting out..."

btw...skinny lattes are just wrong - it is like a decaf latte which is like eating a veggie burger which is like kicking yourself in the junk.

Comment

• like eating a veggie burger which is like kicking yourself in the junk.
                            I'll be stealing that one, thanks.

X-men: First classed sucked, but not nearly as bad as Green Lantern. The level of suck that movie reached is beyond what can be described in the English language.
                            My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                              I'll be stealing that one, thanks.
                              I liked that as well. There's lots of possibilities too.
                              ....which is like kicking yourself in the junk, like giving yourself a wet willie, like giving yourself blue balls, like giving yourself a prostate exam, like giving yourself a buttcrack wax, etc.

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                              X-men: First classed sucked, but not nearly as bad as Green Lantern. The level of suck that movie reached is beyond what can be described in the English language.
                              Duly noted. We also recorded The Hangover II, but may be a little lost in translation due to not seeing The Hangover I. We used to love to watch movies, but now between getting the sprogs asleep and various other odds and ends, we never have the time. It took 2 nights to watch X-Men, which is disturbing now that I think about it because I knew it sucked after the first half, but made a conscious effort to endure the second half.

Comment

• I guess it helps to go into those movies with very low expectations. I don't watch them for the plot or the dialogue. I enjoy the attractive men in tight costumes and the explosions. I was, in fact, delightfully surprised at the relative intellegence of The Avengers since I was expecting rather less from the dialogue than it delivered.

(Most of what I remember from X-Men: First Class is that Magnito is, ah, nicely put together for those snug 60s pants. Clearly, I was intellectually stimulated by it. Oh- and that my favoritest Wolverine was his ever charming self )

Comment

Working...
                                X