What's---The name of my journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I wound up hitting him in the face with a ball...accidentally of course. I tried dropping balls down from above him to teach him how to field a fly ball, when you flinch, you get hit in the face.
    Yeah, I learned pretty quickly that a ball in the glove hurts way less than a ball in the face. Luckily I played infield mostly so it was not a major issue. That said, I was never a good ball player so perhaps that was the problem. Hopefully 1 wisens up and listens to his old man. (well, not old old, but you get the point)

Comment

• I played third mostly, outfield some. I keep telling him that IT WON'T HIT YOU IF YOU CATCH IT. That's pretty simple logic, right? I love playing baseball, even helping coach and getting to throw the ball around some is so much fun....except trying to catch balls thrown by 5-6 yo's, you have to be ready to jump 10 feet up, left, right, whatever, as long as it's in the general direction I guess.
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Well, hello karma the bear!
        Black bear euthanized after eating Canada murderer - Yahoo! News

Comment

you have to be ready to jump 10 feet up, left, right, whatever, as long as it's in the general direction I guess.
          You are a better man than I. I'd be all, "Yeah, I'l come back when you can throw." I'd be a shitty father >.>

Comment

and all the others bears said 'see if we ever try to help you out again, dicks'
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Guy was already dead, bear was just chowing down on a freebie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                Guy was already dead, bear was just chowing down on a freebie.
                Well, yeah, but I'm looking at the overall picture here, not the details.

Comment

Well, yeah, but I'm looking at the overall picture here, not the details.
                  circle of life *sage nod*

and karma *more nod*
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

• Springsteen favored to write new US anthem: poll - Yahoo! News

What's this country coming to? Is this Hope and Change? Or changing and hoping? Where can I go to escape this? How did Jay-Z make this list of potential rewriters? Why? Why? Why is this being discussed?

Comment

• I don't understand why we have to change the Anthem. As a veteran, the Anthem is pretty special to me.

Does your boy *want* to play ball? My son didn't show interest in learning how to play the "right" way, so we didn't sign him up (he's 5). He said he wanted to play so DH and I got a tee-ball stand and ball, tee-ball bat and glove for DS, and a ball glove for DH ($70 freaking dollar glove!! Damn lefty!!). DH tried to show DS how to hit the ball off the tee by focusing on the ball, etc, but DH is very impatient and loses his steam quickly. DS just wanted someone to throw the ball to him to hit. We didn't realize that the coach would throw it and the tee was only used if they couldn't hit it. Long story short, we didn't sign him up. He's more interested in staging pretend NASCAR races in the sandbox or beating the crap out of imaginary pro wrestlers anyway.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                        I don't understand why we have to change the Anthem. As a veteran, the Anthem is pretty special to me.
                        I'm voting on "too much violence" in the original since there's no mention of a supreme being in the anthem already. All those bombs and rockets just aren't nice. How can we get the world to love us if we're like, mean and like, fighting back and stuff.

Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                        Does your boy *want* to play ball?
                        Yeah, he has fun at practice and even at home practicing when I'm not trying to make him do everything correctly. I think it's immaturity, I know, he's 5, but the 6 and 7 yo's understand the concept of what is going on. 1 is just out there having fun. We signed him up for football too. He asked if he could play. I had a long talk with him and how people are going to hit him and knock him down, he was still all-in. What can I do?

Comment

• Nobody's changing the damn anthem, this story is just spunkdoodle. But I do prefer America the Beautiful to Star Spangled Banner as a representation of our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                            Nobody's changing the damn anthem, this story is just spunkdoodle. But I do prefer America the Beautiful to Star Spangled Banner as a representation of our country.
                            Using the word spunkdoodle is directly related to low horny goat weed levels. Just sayin'.

Comment

• I like America the Beautiful too. I remember a few years ago there was talk of changing the Anthem. But, like I said, as a veteran, I'm pretty partial to the Star Spangled Banner. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it - unless the vocalist butchers it, which happens WAY too often.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                I like America the Beautiful too. I remember a few years ago there was talk of changing the Anthem. But, like I said, as a veteran, I'm pretty partial to the Star Spangled Banner. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it - unless the vocalist butchers it, which happens WAY too often.
                                There should be a fine for doing it right. It's a song, not a demonstration of how high you can sing or how long you can carry out a note. It should be short and sweet, to the point, or better yet, just played with a band. We're not the "hoo oo ooh ohh oo oo oohh ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome of the bra hey hey HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY ave."

Comment

Working...
                                X