Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Less of Me...More of Him (actually it needs to be a lot less of me)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOHOO! It comes off fast when you quit eating junk. I lost 8 lbs in the first week! Keep going!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

well its been a few more days and only one major slip-up (fast food - horrible I know) but it hasn't caused me to go totally off track which is great because usually it would. Yesterday was great primal wise because even thought I wasn't home nearly all day I still ate primal and it was great! I feel great! Today we are off to Dollywood (again) with my cousin and her family so its not going to be a great primal day but I will do my best and that's all that I can do.

Comment

well my total gym got here yesterday and I broke a sweat just getting it out of the box! I used it this morning and I am liking it so far, I can only use it a little at a time but I can feel it already. Slowly and surely will win the race. I ran out of one of my main meds last week and am totally feeling it, and I am not loving me without it, can't wait to get back on it (until I don't need it anymore). the last two days have been pretty bad eating wise and last night I made deliberate non-primal choices for dinner and felt icky afterwards. so I am back on the PB horse this morning.

Comment

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! We went grocery shopping which will have to be a weekly deal now that I am Primal full time because that is how often I need more produce - If I don't have veggies prepped already I will eat things that my body HATES like crackers and bread. I always thought I was mildly lactose intolerant but when I was eating Primal (with dairy) I wasn't having any potty issues but a few days of Non-primal eating (because I ran out of primal food and only really had processed junk in the house) and my body went into serious protest and I will not be allowing that to happen again that is for sure.
          Also, I used to drink 1 Walgreens version of their Ensure a day to get protein in the morning and nutrients and what not and I had 1 one night after a 2 weeks of not having them and I felt AWEFUL!!! It was horrid and just wrong, I feel bad because they are kinda expensive and I won't drink the rest of the 6 pack...So after about 4 days off primal I am so SO going back to full primal because I know that my body likes it and it works!
          On a Happy Happy Note I decided that I would measure every week (on sundays) and as of Sunday i was down 4 inches total (except my chest which was UP an inch and a half!! I am not small chested to begin with and never have been but I guess that can also be hormonal...)

Comment

Great progress on the 4 inches!

Comment

Blah. I don't think I'm actually hungry but i want to eat...

Comment

today i played in the sprinkler with the kiddo. definitely fun. and got me winded.

Comment

fell off the primal wagon about a week ago mostly due to lack of money and having to eat what was already in the pantry (aka processed crap) and so yeah gained ALL the weight I lost back as well as a little more. I am so NOT happy. BUT I did get the hubs on board with going Primal with me which will save money since we won't be making 3 different meals every night. I will take the kiddo slightly primal but she is SO picky and really we choose the battles and since she is health and active I am not going to push it too much.

I also noticed that eat SAD/CW omg the fibro symtoms flared up, my BP was higher and I was just not as happy a person. I am I so bloated and and so many other things. So we are going grocery shopping in the next few days (i gotta make a list) and it will be happy primal trails for me.

Comment

Well, get back on the wagon. We cleaned our pantry out and donated the SAD food.

Comment

we are going just that. And to get back on the wagon I had yummy chicken for breakfast and just put a pot roast in the crockpot for dinner (my first time making a pot roast).

Comment

self control - yeah I have NONE!!! I have good intentions. I am depressed. blah. going to prep some primal/healthy snacks. if they are prepped i will eat them...ok moving on. I can do this. I have to do this. My body needs to be primal, it likes it. I need to get my head out of the sand and do this. God has great things in store for me and I need to be health to accomplish them.

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                          Yeah, we don't buy grass-fed things, that's our only departure from primal.
                          As a fellow Christian, I must advise you to keep a thick skin around here. A lot of folks are pretty crude and/or down right hateful, so enter into some of these threads carefully. One that almost made me quit this site was an evolution thread, so if you get riled easily, beware.

I'll subscribe to your journal for the motivational kicks in the rear you need and/or deserve.
                          Good luck!
                          You're eating a *PALEO* diet and you got riled about an evolution thread? *giggle* I might have to call that irony.

Comment

Working...
                          X