No announcement yet.

Rasputina Rocks Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, lol! That baby with shades was too cool for nursery school! Yeah, my depression has lifted quite a bit. It's amazing what 8 hours of not having to deal with the public can do to elevate the mood!

Comment

Going to watch my first pro-baseball game tonight... wish me luck!

Comment

Also, me and the hubs were felling meat overload, so we're having vegetarian/vegan week. I busted out some old faves, so far, feeling "lighter."

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
          Also, me and the hubs were felling meat overload, so we're having vegetarian/vegan week. I busted out some old faves, so far, feeling "lighter."
          I'm a former veg, and I still really love those veg days. Even though there is a lot of veg bashing around here in general, one side effect of being veg is knowing you won't starve to death on a salad or carrot soup or buttermilk... I do the same thing. And Grok didn't kill daily either, so I still think it is Primal eating.
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
            I'm a former veg, and I still really love those veg days. Even though there is a lot of veg bashing around here in general, one side effect of being veg is knowing you won't starve to death on a salad or carrot soup or buttermilk... I do the same thing. And Grok didn't kill daily either, so I still think it is Primal eating.
            Yeah, as a former vegetarian/vegan, I do sometimes miss it! Even carnivore hubby misses it-- even though he claimed suffering during my veg years . I think a good compromise is to swing more towards pescetarian/vegan/glutan-free, of course, with meat maybe a few nights per week. Thanks, good to know I have a comrade

Comment

Had tofu-Pad-Thai, with homemade peanut sauce, cilantro and green onions for dinner. The yam noodles rocked! YUM! YUM! YUM!! Dancing upon rainbows made of foamy sriracha!

Comment

Whew! Was nervous for a minute, when my boss' boss asked her why I was standing at my desk all the time. My boss explained that it felt better for me to stand than sit, and that she approved and agreed with my standing. Sheexplained that my moniter and keyboard were on stable, but removeable stands. The boss' boss then mentioned something about my hair, which had been bright-ass red, but is now a more demure cherry-cola black. She said she just wanted to know what was going on, in case her boss asked her about it. Wow! Standing desk=complete threat to office tradition, lol!!!

Comment

Not a whole lot to report. Still doing the vegetarian/pescetarian thing this past week, and will probably extend it to next week, as well. Have lost some bloating and tummy troubles, and am feeling great. Last night I went a bit rogue and made rice-paper baked mushroom-chive ravioli, topped with homemade spinach pesto. It was balls-out amazing! Work is still cool as hell. Life is good. Tornado warnings right now, but I'm ready for Oz, bitch!

Comment

We went to a local Tex-Mex restaurant this afternoon. The salsa was bland, so I asked for the avocado-habanero salsa as a side. It was the "chef's sarcasm, is it hot enough for ya? salsa" I will be shitting rainbows of flame for the next month. Bravo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                      We went to a local Tex-Mex restaurant this afternoon. The salsa was bland, so I asked for the avocado-habanero salsa as a side. It was the "chef's sarcasm, is it hot enough for ya? salsa" I will be shitting rainbows of flame for the next month. Bravo.
                      Owie!! Was the taste at least worth the suffering??
                      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                        Owie!! Was the taste at least worth the suffering??
                        Fire-butt is never worth it!!! Today's lunch was shiritaki noodles with shrimp in a ginger-red chile Thai sauce. Dinner will be homemade falafel and quinoa tabbouli. My waist is getting more defined, again. Need to get back to exercise, but I think this weekend of love and dancing like a goof have helped.
                        I've been staying away from the Paleo-forums, because I'm trying to keep my stress-levels down. Too many goons out there. It's helping. I'm doing my own thing. Pescetarian/veggie during the week and some meat dishes on the weekends. I'm still feeling much better, and, yes, you can eat veggie/pescetarian and still be moderately low carb, not that I'm counting. Oh my! I believe I may be trending towards moderation! Here's to hoping the art doesn't suffer

Comment

• Bought me a big ole bunch of greens- collards, mustard greens, and kale. Not quite sure what I'm going to make with it, but thinking I might wilt it down steam-method, then add... not sure. I have some Trinidad seasoning that might be good with it. Could make polenta cakes... I really didn't have a plan at the grocery store. I just went greens crazy.

Comment

• Not quite sure I qualify as Paleo anymore, or if the label matters, as I've been incorporating grains, like rice and quinoa, and beans back into my diet again. I've fallen into a nice routine of eating gluten-free, dairy-free pescetarian, with eggs during the week and eating meat for one meal per weekend day. I'm still committed to trying to stay clear of soy and nasty vegetable oils. I'm also focusing on trying to eat three, roughly 400 calorie meals per day.

My new fave brunch is eggs baked inside an avocado half, topped with smoked paprika, garlic salt and lime. I save the other avocado half in my nifty, avocado-shaped tupperware thingy. What has been difficult, however, is that my husband will make a frozen-pizza to avoid a meatless, or seafood meal.

Oh, well I'll continue to stay on this forum, however, despite the fact that some folks think that if you aren't throwing back beef everyday, you must have some "vegan agenda". Aren't cows vegan ?

Comment

• An agenda to eat vegans...er...herbivores, maybe. I don't want to eat my sister!
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                                An agenda to eat vegans...er...herbivores, maybe. I don't want to eat my sister!
                                Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll eat the occasional tasty human, but only on holidays!

Comment

Working...
                                X