No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Betorq. Wow, these folks take their brew seriously. When they start talking about round mouth feel and fruit notes ... to someone who pretty much just drinks water most of the time, it's a bit gaaaaaah!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
      Now I can't decide which flavour of Crio Bru to order! They all sound rather nice. Feedback/comparisons from anyone who has tried the different varieties? It's a bit expensive for me to order all three right away. (I'm a bit impoverished at the mo. And what if I don't like them?)
      Now this is a "first world problem" if ever I heard one. So far I have tried the Cavalla and the Cavalla Dark but I liked the Vega Real best. The others are still in bags awaiting me. Reviews to come.

A bit of residual soreness in the mouth today but feeling much better than yesterday. Just some healing of the inside of the cheek abrasions left to be done.
      Last edited by Paleobird; 09-01-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rehorne View Post
        Paleobird - Sorry to hear about the crown. I got one two or three years ago. I think the worst part was the temp. My real crown fit well, and seem to relieve the pressure caused by the temp. Had to give up chomping ice!!! Good luck with the permanent crown.
        Thanks rehorne and welcome to the Birdnest. Ice chomping is a bad habit of mine too.

Originally posted by Sigi View Post
        Thanks, Betorq. Wow, these folks take their brew seriously. When they start talking about round mouth feel and fruit notes ... to someone who pretty much just drinks water most of the time, it's a bit gaaaaaah!
        Yes, thanks betorq. I think we are all in danger of turning into Bru snobs here.

Comment

• I have had the Cavalla and Cocoa River. I think I like the Cocoa River a teeny bit more; it tastes slightly more chocolatey to me. As far as "mouth feel"... well, I guess I'm not enough of a snob or have a sensitive enough mouth to tell any difference! Both are excellent!

Comment

• For good mouth feel, heat up a third a cup of cream to go with it! I've only tried the dark roast and I think it's delicious. I doubt you can go wrong just picking one at random based on your coffee preferences, if you have them.

Today I had two cups of the stuff early in the morning. Later my bf and I took a walk to our weekend coffee place. I could feel the caffeine withdrawl feeling so I can tell the Crio doesn't have caffeine in it.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• I've been able to drink it and go straight to sleep. Usually I am super sensitive to caffeine. If I have a cup of regular coffee afternoon I will not sleep well. So, yeah, I don't think the Crio Bru is a problem. What is that stuff called that they say it has , Theobromine? I wonder how much of the keto buzz feeling is about the keto and how much is the Bru?

Comment

• Good question.

Is it strange for me to not be at all interested in Bru? LOL crazy, I know. I'd probably like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                  Good question.

Is it strange for me to not be at all interested in Bru? LOL crazy, I know. I'd probably like it.
                  Yes, you are obviously an alien, not a human at all.

Another note about the Bru. In that article betorq quoted it was saying CB was $15/lb. Not so. It is $11.97.

Comment

• I made it this afternoon the 'cowboy' way, strained it with some bits falling thru, Lordy, it's very good that way, nice and strong. DH said, are these coffee grounds mixed with the hot chocolate (???), I said, no, they are chocolate grounds, so he started chewing them up and said, yeah, this is good and I can see us loving it this winter. Glad I bought the 5 lb bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      Yes, you are obviously an alien, not a human at all.

Another note about the Bru. In that article betorq quoted it was saying CB was $15/lb. Not so. It is $11.97.
                      Here its about $20/lb, plus postage. Too expensive given how much one has to use. I'll stick to my white-label cocoa
                      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

• I wonder why it's so much more expensive down under?

Dinner was basic but delicious. Sashimi grade salmon and asparagus. Both Farmer's Market finds from today.

Photo on 2012-09-01 at 18.01 #2.jpg

Comment

I wonder why it's so much more expensive down under?
                          The same reason most things are, we're an isolated and still relatively small country. When more people start importing it, the price will go down I'm sure.
                          My Journal

Comment

I wonder why it's so much more expensive down under?
                            EVERYTHING is expensive down under*. How you guys in the US can often buy Australian lamb at half the price I pay when it's raised only a few hours' drive from my place is a very sore spot with me. And as another example, lots of us find it cheaper to buy stuff on iHerb; having supps shipped in privately is still much cheaper than buying them here.

*Okay, macadamias and mac oil are cheap here. One good thing. And I'm going to buy a big bottle of avocado oil today which won't cost much either.
                            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Hey, don't feel bad. I live where they grow avocados as a crop and they sometimes cost as much as $2 each in the store. That's ridiculous! It's similar with lemons and gasoline. Yep, oil wells on the horizon and the most expensive gas in the US.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                                The same reason most things are, we're an isolated and still relatively small country. When more people start importing it, the price will go down I'm sure.
                                OK, well if you and all the other Primal peeps down there spread the word that should do it.

Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                                EVERYTHING is expensive down under*. How you guys in the US can often buy Australian lamb at half the price I pay when it's raised only a few hours' drive from my place is a very sore spot with me. And as another example, lots of us find it cheaper to buy stuff on iHerb; having supps shipped in privately is still much cheaper than buying them here.
                                *Okay, macadamias and mac oil are cheap here. One good thing. And I'm going to buy a big bottle of avocado oil today which won't cost much either.
                                Mac nuts, butter, oil are all insanely expensive here.

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                                Hey, don't feel bad. I live where they grow avocados as a crop and they sometimes cost as much as $2 each in the store. That's ridiculous! It's similar with lemons and gasoline. Yep, oil wells on the horizon and the most expensive gas in the US.
                                You're just trying to make them feel better. Sometimes they are $2 but that is in the off season. Now they are 50 cents a piece and sometimes there are unused ones rolling down the gutters from people's trees. I mean, one family can only eat so many avocados.

Comment

Working...
                                X