No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the tongoriro crossing. my friends did it completely out of shape and it took them 10 hours or something. DH and I figure that we could probably manage it "as is" in 8-9 hours. But, if we got into shape, we'd likely be closer to 8, which would be good. more time to stop along the way and enjoy the views and stuff.

though now DH is going . . . hmm. sydney or melbourne? goof ball, I got him interested. Also, my parkour kid that i'm mentoring in business, he's exchanging parkour for mentoring. . . so he might be interested in forming a team.

i always do this to myself.

the kid is 4. he also wants to join the team, but is upset that you can't join until you're 18. i told him it's due to electrocution risk.

Comment

• and "ouch!" re that tooth. i hope it gets taken care of soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        I use my tea infusing ball for my Crio Bru and let it steep for at least 5 minutes. Perfect!
        And I've stirred the grounds (without further grinding) into homemade coconut milk ice cream. Very yummy chocolate chip ice cream!
        Oooh that sounds heavenly.

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
        I made my first cup of Crio bru too weak, tasted it, set aside to cool then froze in ice cube trays. I make real strong coffee sometimes for iced coffee so I think the Crio cubes will be good in that. I do the same thing with coconut cream cubes if I haven't used the carton fast enough.

Bummer about the tooth, PB, hope it doesn't hurt too much. I like the gas at the dentist office
        Crio Cubes! What an idea. We are all such geniuses. I think it's the Crio Bru making us smarter.

Originally posted by mdrive View Post
        darn, tried to submit a picture and the whole message disappeared!
        I hate it when that happens. Try again.

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
        Here's the tongoriro crossing. my friends did it completely out of shape and it took them 10 hours or something. DH and I figure that we could probably manage it "as is" in 8-9 hours. But, if we got into shape, we'd likely be closer to 8, which would be good. more time to stop along the way and enjoy the views and stuff.

though now DH is going . . . hmm. sydney or melbourne? goof ball, I got him interested. Also, my parkour kid that i'm mentoring in business, he's exchanging parkour for mentoring. . . so he might be interested in forming a team.
        i always do this to myself.
        the kid is 4. he also wants to join the team, but is upset that you can't join until you're 18. i told him it's due to electrocution risk.
        Oh, that's lovely. I wish I lived in New Zealand. Maybe I'll retire from my retirement there someday.

and "ouch!" re that tooth. i hope it gets taken care of soon!
        Thanks for the concern everybody. It's not super sharply painful, just sort of a dull ache. 9am tomorrow it gets fixed. That means I just have to make it through tonight. I may resort to an Advil PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          Crio Cubes! What an idea. We are all such geniuses. I think it's the Crio Bru making us smarter.
          Crap. I guess I should procure some before everybody else leaves me in the dust.
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
            Crap. I guess I should procure some before everybody else leaves me in the dust.
            My thinking exactly . I've spent ages on the net this morning (instead of working) trying to find out if anyone is selling it in NZ. So far the closest I can get is Oz - not too shabby.
            Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Oh, that's lovely. I wish I lived in New Zealand. Maybe I'll retire from my retirement there someday.
              I feel that it's only fair to warn you, we are a bit of a let down on the wildlife front. We have no cougars, bears or snakes that you can encounter while out hiking. We have many species of flightless bird instead.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Yes, it's really nice here. Looks like their estimates on the web site come to about 7 hours on the high-end, but i'm fairly certain that our friends did take 10, and that we'd still move pretty slowly at this point.

btw, being 'less paleo' due to cookie/caking makes menses exhausting. i feel like i'm practically dead. so tired, so achey. that'll learn me (as per usual).

Comment

• We do live in a gorgeous country. However I know a heap of cougars !!!!!!!!!! and the odd snake - althou I tend to let them slide.....
                  sorry couldn't resist.
                  Enjoy the dentist tomorrow. Actually my teeth hurt just thinking about it !
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                    Originally posted by Jac View Post
                    My thinking exactly . I've spent ages on the net this morning (instead of working) trying to find out if anyone is selling it in NZ. So far the closest I can get is Oz - not too shabby.
                    C'mon, the collective intelligence of the whole board is going to go up by at least 20 points (One can hope....)

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                    I feel that it's only fair to warn you, we are a bit of a let down on the wildlife front. We have no cougars, bears or snakes that you can encounter while out hiking. We have many species of flightless bird instead.
                    I was only there once on a cruise ship stopover, unfortunately only for one day but it was incredibly beautiful. Going back there to spend some serious time is on my "to do" list.

Yes, it's really nice here. Looks like their estimates on the web site come to about 7 hours on the high-end, but i'm fairly certain that our friends did take 10, and that we'd still move pretty slowly at this point.
                    btw, being 'less paleo' due to cookie/caking makes menses exhausting. i feel like i'm practically dead. so tired, so achey. that'll learn me (as per usual).
                    So glad I don't have to deal with that stuff any more.

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    We do live in a gorgeous country. However I know a heap of cougars !!!!!!!!!! and the odd snake - althou I tend to let them slide.....
                    sorry couldn't resist.
                    Enjoy the dentist tomorrow. Actually my teeth hurt just thinking about it !
                    Har Har! You think your teeth hurt!

Comment

• Dinner tonight was an international fusion of Chinese eggplant, Bulgarian eggplant/tomato sauce, and an all American burger stuffed with a bunch of garlic and Italian herbs then topped with some French chevre cheese. United Nations on a plate.

Photo on 2012-08-30 at 18.06 #2.jpg

Comment

• the un never seemed so yummy before.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                          the un never seemed so yummy before.
                          I was looking for a dinner that involved minimal chewing so this worked well. I love eggplant.

Comment

• ah, here we go. closest we have is the Tough Guy/Gal. Admittedly, it doesn't have the three events that made me the most excited: everest, arctic freeze and electric shock therapy. But, eh.

What about it Jac? gwanna?

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                              ah, here we go. closest we have is the Tough Guy/Gal. Admittedly, it doesn't have the three events that made me the most excited: everest, arctic freeze and electric shock therapy. But, eh.

What about it Jac? gwanna?
                              Tell you what - you're nuts - in the nicest possible way! I saw on Stuff earlier that part of the Tongariro crossing has reopened after the eruption, so you'll be OK there.
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Today my main project of the day is distracting myself from the fact that my tooth hurts. Yesterday at my favorite middle eastern store, I bit down on a sample of what I thought was a pitted olive but it wasn't and heard a pice of the last molar in the back on the top right hand side go *crunch*. Oh. Shit. It didn't hurt then so I went on with my day but it was hurting when I woke up today. Just sort of a dull ache and the ragged edge of the chipped porcelain crown has been hacking into the side of my cheek which doesn't help any.

I called the dentist this morning and the earliest he can work me in is first thing tomorrow but he promised to call if there was a cancellation since I live ten minutes away.

Grrrr. It's not the lady at the middle eastern store's fault. She didn't speak English very well and when I asked "Pitted?" she said, "Yes pit" and I thought that meant yes, it's pitted but she meant yes, there is a pit. Cross cultural failure of communication.

Bur still Grrrrr. Not at anything in particular. Just at the fact that it hurts.
                                I have a hole at the back of my mouth where a olive pit-slaughtered tooth used to reside. They're lethal I tell you!

Originally posted by Jac View Post
                                There's a shop around the corner from me that sells it, I'd be happy to work something out with you if you'd like.

Oh and hi Robin! I'm back and desperate to know your crio bru bark recipe.
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X