Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    [SNIP]
    One time a while back some nice lady who was new to the forum was posting a sincere question about a health problem her child was having. Darth came at her with, "You and your child are a useless waste of protoplasm and the only decent thing to do is to slit his throat and then blow your brains out. That way you won't produce any more disgusting spawn!", complete with all kinds of vulgar language and graphic bloody description of how she should kill her child. I'm sorry if I go against all the posthumous Darth worship going on around here but that is just not funny. That woman was in tears and I was left trying to explain to her that Darth is just that way and that she should ignore him and that he really doesn't represent the way this community acts. She never came back. [SNIP]
    I am aghast and did not know. He must have toned himself down recently. That is awful and I should have realized there was more to it than the posts I'd read.
    SW: 243
    CW: 177
    Goal: Health

    Comment


    • Originally posted by KerryK View Post
      I am aghast and did not know. He must have toned himself down recently. That is awful and I should have realized there was more to it than the posts I'd read.
      He did tone down recently, but then there was that MMA thread where he kind of backslid. I'm not sure how it is he lasted on the forums so long, honestly. Some of the stuff he used to post was pretty grotesque.

      I'm sure he thought he was being funny. I'm inured to it after years of the interwebz. I can see, however, how a forum newbie would be taken aback by it.
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

      Comment


      • Still waiting for sexy pics

        I started reading through the very looonnnnnggggg blog post on 'safe starches' on Livin' La Vida Low Carb. It's fascinating and people's responses equally so!

        Is There Any Such Thing As ‘Safe Starches’ On A Low-Carb Diet? « Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb Blog
        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

        Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

        Comment


        • All this talk about palak and saag paneer has officially triggered a serious Indian food craving. Hmmm. Now to convince the rest of the gang at home.

          India is on my "before-50" list. And I've heard the same thing, some people love it and others would never go back. I've been to several places in western and northern Africa (Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Senegal). The trend being places where they speak French as that's my second language. I feel like my time in Cairo has prepared me for India. Cairo being a microcosm of intense beauty and horrific ugliness and poverty.

          I've also been to Israel about 7 times, and I highly recommend it. I'm going back next April again. It might have something to do with being married to an Israeli. but it is beautiful and lovely, especially the north and the Dead Sea.

          I also miss Japan. Kyoto specifically. I might even go back to Japan before an India trip, unless an India trip with friends presents itself.

          But I'm still jonesing for that saag paneer.
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d61289-12.html

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Betorq View Post
            I wasn't aware of Darth's treatment of such innocent newbies. I can see why what happened happened with his eventual ban. Likely he was on a probation of sorts, & he then musta crossed 1 final line in the sand hence the ban. I'm only assuming.

            Vanuatu IS on my bucket list, only coz the BEST kava I ever tried/used was from there, the powdered raw root. I'd ship a army bag full of the root to myself back in USA when I 1st landed, spend the rest of my time snorkling & spearfishing for my meals & lazing on the beach I guess. A guys gotta dream, right? As for cookin okra for ya', will it be available in San Diego end Sept/early Oct when I come by to, among other things, make the least slimy okra dish I can conjure up?
            Yep, like Mark said, someone does get a warning first.
            The powdered kava root doesn't hold a candle to the freshly ground stuff. One of the few good things about my Vanuatu trip.
            Let me know when you'll be here. I have spare rooms. You will have to cook for your supper though.

            Originally posted by KerryK View Post
            I am aghast and did not know. He must have toned himself down recently. That is awful and I should have realized there was more to it than the posts I'd read.
            That was only one example off the top of my head. He did that kind of thing all the time.

            Originally posted by onalark View Post
            He did tone down recently, but then there was that MMA thread where he kind of backslid. I'm not sure how it is he lasted on the forums so long, honestly. Some of the stuff he used to post was pretty grotesque.

            I'm sure he thought he was being funny. I'm inured to it after years of the interwebz. I can see, however, how a forum newbie would be taken aback by it.
            Maybe that was when he got the warning.

            Originally posted by patski View Post
            Still waiting for sexy pics

            I started reading through the very looonnnnnggggg blog post on 'safe starches' on Livin' La Vida Low Carb. It's fascinating and people's responses equally so!

            Is There Any Such Thing As ‘Safe Starches’ On A Low-Carb Diet? « Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb Blog
            I think there are safe starches as far as not causing major reactions but i don't think there are safe starches if you want to lose weight. Oh and about the sexy pics, ask and ye shall receive. Not a bad set of gams for 50. No?
            Photo on 2012-07-18 at 14.26 #3.jpg

            Originally posted by avocadogirl View Post
            All this talk about palak and saag paneer has officially triggered a serious Indian food craving. I'm still jonesing for that saag paneer.
            Me too. drool.

            Comment


            • Well today was the official kick off of the August Challenge and I had a great day. I unglued my behind from this chair and got out and ran sprints today and laid out in the sun.

              I am also taking this Challenge as an opportunity to track all my food again to see if I can maintain continual ketosis. Then I am going to start cutting back my seizure meds and see what happens. N=1.

              Dinner was yet more of the generous neighbors' zucchini, this time stuffed with ground ostrich meat mixed with onions, tomatoes, spices, and pine nuts. Turned out pretty good. It got a little bit dry on top and would have been better cooked ten minutes less.

              DSCN0213.jpg

              Comment


              • You are looking great (on the couch and in your avatar as well).

                I now purposefully avoid your thread until about this point each day, because I've cut out breakfast as a bio-hack 20hr IF (I FEAST in about an hour). There's no point having a growling tummy through the workday.

                How did you find the Zuchinni? When they get to that size they are really marrows. We grew them a few years back (when we were in the North Island and could actually grow things like them) and really liked them smaller. We went away for a week and came back to a jumbo fellah like that. It didn't make good eating.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

                Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

                Comment


                • Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                  You are looking great (on the couch and in your avatar as well).

                  I now purposefully avoid your thread until about this point each day, because I've cut out breakfast as a bio-hack 20hr IF (I FEAST in about an hour). There's no point having a growling tummy through the workday.

                  How did you find the Zuchinni? When they get to that size they are really marrows. We grew them a few years back (when we were in the North Island and could actually grow things like them) and really liked them smaller. We went away for a week and came back to a jumbo fellah like that. It didn't make good eating.
                  Thank you.

                  So sorry for messing with your IF. <evil temptress chuckles>

                  I think the zucchini are better smaller too. I think these monsters were ones hiding under some leaves that were left to grow too long. They tasted good but the skin was a bit tough.

                  Comment


                  • Your new pics are so beautiful.

                    And you dinner looked pretty tasty too!
                    Stuffed zucchinis sound good, it's been a while since I've made them.

                    I can't wait to get this head thing done so maybe I can be able to MOVE again without my intracranial pressure getting whack and the world going sideways on me!
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                    Comment


                    • new pics look great. you are right. being away brings serious productiveness.

                      Comment


                      • Looking awesome, PB! Have fun with your August Challenge.

                        I'm kind of challenging myself with LHT this month - I had a personal training session yesterday to kick my butt a bit (well, as it turns out, my quads - ouch!), and to check that my form on the weights floor is doing me good and not harm. I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that my trainer is young enough to be my son (ack), and am thinking of booking some more sessions for a few weeks at least, to shake things up a bit and keep me motivated.

                        Next task: getting back into weekly sprinting! Maybe one day I'll have legs that I can confidently flash around in the BirdCage too.
                        I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

                        Oscar Wilde

                        Comment


                        • You look gorgeous! There are 20 and 30- somethings that would love to have sexy legs like yours. Nice gams, indeed! I just read your success story so also, wow! It sounds so trite but I hope you take it to heart that you are inspiring.
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d61289-12.html

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Your new pics are so beautiful.

                            And you dinner looked pretty tasty too!
                            Stuffed zucchinis sound good, it's been a while since I've made them.

                            I can't wait to get this head thing done so maybe I can be able to MOVE again without my intracranial pressure getting whack and the world going sideways on me!
                            Thanks, cori. I hope your noggin feels better soon too. In the mean time, keep posting to distract yourself. Did you see the new iodine thread? t2t is back at it again posting nonsense about "miracle cures" for cancer.

                            Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                            new pics look great. you are right. being away brings serious productiveness.
                            Nice to see you Zoe, now go be productive!

                            Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                            Looking awesome, PB! Have fun with your August Challenge.

                            I'm kind of challenging myself with LHT this month - I had a personal training session yesterday to kick my butt a bit (well, as it turns out, my quads - ouch!), and to check that my form on the weights floor is doing me good and not harm. I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that my trainer is young enough to be my son (ack), and am thinking of booking some more sessions for a few weeks at least, to shake things up a bit and keep me motivated.

                            Next task: getting back into weekly sprinting! Maybe one day I'll have legs that I can confidently flash around in the BirdCage too.
                            Thanks, Sigi. The August Challenge for me is mostly about the exercise part too. I pretty much have the diet stuff nailed. I don't mean that to sound braggy but I've just been doing this a while. And the sleep, sun, and play stuff all just come naturally.

                            My legs were "reminding" me on the way downstairs about the sprints I did yesterday.

                            Originally posted by avocadogirl View Post
                            You look gorgeous! There are 20 and 30- somethings that would love to have sexy legs like yours. Nice gams, indeed! I just read your success story so also, wow! It sounds so trite but I hope you take it to heart that you are inspiring.
                            I appreciate it. I'm glad if my story can help someone else.

                            Comment


                            • Whooo weee, that's some pic. Looking GREAT, PB!

                              Maybe someday I'll willingly have my pic taken, let alone post it.
                              SW: 243
                              CW: 177
                              Goal: Health

                              Comment


                              • I peeked in the other day... I just haven't had the gusto to participate yet. Head's not great lately.

                                I got my gumption up enough to post about a dozen studies in Chaco's thread earlier and he nitpicked one quote I used to summarize a review of 15 articles and ignored the actual studies posted.

                                His assessment that only protein and CICO matters is a bit left field for me.
                                He equated fat = sugar... they are both only fuels and therefor equal.
                                And I get all... "Wait, what?!"
                                Just doesn't compute.
                                Of course... the fact that he recommends that everyone do exactly what he is doing is pretty par for the course.
                                I've seen him use that logic too many times.

                                After that I'm not sure if I'm up for anymore than light quips the remainder of the day. *mush between the ears*
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X