Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by govinca
    I wouldn't want to be taken care of by anyone else. I'll give you a call when I'm 90 and you're 105.
    And yes, the roll reversal is interesting stuff for sure.
    hey, get in line, buddy...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Zoe, if you were giving online yoga classes, I would subscribe.

Magic, no tempting pics of dinner for you tonight. You will just have to take my word for it that it was awesome.

My BFF/2nd Mom came over for dinner and we made a leg of lamb with a side salad and a mashed mix of parsnips and carrots with coconut oil.
      And I ventured into making coconut cream tapioca pudding for dessert. It turned out really well but I made too much of it.

That was an interesting article. It's interesting to watch the fads and fashions come and go around here. Without any dissenting voices, that thread just becomes Grizz's own personal echo chamber and soapbox for the latest conspiracy nuttiness.

Comment

• Betorq, you do realize that govinca is a bot, right?

All the same, I appreciate the sentiment.

Comment

• A bot? Thats kinda kinky. You Californians and your technology...

Comment

• I've been looking into that technology and whether or not it would work for me. One of the things I'm considering is offering a yoga course online that includes videos and would be for certain interests/goals (or go in cycles, I guess).

I can't create it right now, but I'm thinking perhaps next year would be a good option for me to create the resources (the progressive asana practices is the main thing), then have the videos made, and yeah. . .

Comment

• PB, just a report to the efficacy of CT. I have figured out that these extreme pains i have been feeling are not charlie horses, they are adipose tissue dying off. I noticed a whole inch out of my thigh in a twenty minute period. I watched it happen.

on the down side it hurt like a mother
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                PB, just a report to the efficacy of CT. I have figured out that these extreme pains i have been feeling are not charlie horses, they are adipose tissue dying off. I noticed [a whole] inch out of my thigh in a twenty minute period. I watched it happen.

on the down side it hurt like a mother

Ok... nerd moment.
                I will never again hear/read the word adipose without thinking of this...

Last edited by cori93437; 07-19-2012, 03:54 PM.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  Ok... nerd moment.
                  Hah!

Me too. ^^
                  Steph
                  My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• That was TOO funny, Cori.

Quelsen, did the extra inch stay gone once you warmed up again?

Comment

• Well, today about 10 miles in to a 14 mile Urban Grok Walk, the Wolf Cub pulled up lame. The poor dear was trying to keep going but whimpering with every step. I grabbed us a cab and got home. He has a cut on his paw pad.

I don't know what he stepped on but people who leave broken glass and such in the streets should be drawn and quartered. Grrrrrrrr.

Comment

• Your po' doggie! Someone ought to make vibrams for dogs on the go... City walking is fraught w/ more danger than nature walking from the ankle down, though I have cut my bare feet in deep grass a few times. Glass in the kitchen, great, outdoors, trouble.

How was your time w/ BFF/2ndMom ? I know that lamb was tasty just from its photo.

Comment

• The lamb was awesome. She makes little cuts in it and inserts slivers of garlic cloves all over and then roasts it with rosemary sprigs all around so that the flavors infuse in. Yummmmm.

Tonight dinner was a little more prosaic. That's round steak cooked in some of my homemade bone broth and coconut milk and a simple mix of steamed veggies alongside. Tapioca pudding made with coconut cream and a dash of nutmeg on top. Nothing fancy. Just good eats.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• They do make booties for dogs with thin soles on them -- i remember collecting them after Sept 11 to send to NY to help the working dogs on the site.

Sorry that the puppers got a cut, though. That is *no fun*.

We had some nice walking today and good news on the car. Looks like the coolant flush did the job, and if it didn't, then the radiator will need to be cleaned (replaced at most, likely cleaned). Nice thing is, it only cost us $100 for today (and $100 last week) for the parts/repairs, and I love how conservative they are about doing things. It's like "if it's still happening, then come back and we'll check X." Whereas, in the states, it's like 'we took your engine apart. it will cost $3,000 for us to put it back together. Here are some lolcats to amuse you while we do this."

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              I love my "down under buddies who leave messages in what is, for me, the middle of the night. Gives me something to read in the morning.

Hi, Peril. How you been?
                              Well. Freaking everyone around me out by wandering around in short sleeves. Keeping fairly quiet here though. Feeling like one of those old hands who complains that things aren't as they were. Need to reinvigorate my relationship with the forum or just drift off. Think I'll make a good curmudgeon
                              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                                Ok... nerd moment.
                                Yup ... ditto
                                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X