No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats pretty crappy PB but better a breakup now than following an injury inflicted during a rage. it sounds like there's a lot of issues he's never dealt with- just built a new persona on a very rocky foundation. may i ask what caused the 1st breakup?

either way you don't need a crappy partner, being terrified of opening your mouth is no way to live.

I would imagine the pup wouldn't want him around now either- did the dog actually like him or did you see much submissive behaviour from the dog around him. I'm just curious as dogs sometimes see things in people we dont
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

• Ouch! My condolences, PB.
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• man, that stinks.

i doubt it's actual multiple personalities either, but sometimes people have 'other selves' that they act out on occasion. It can be hard for them to heal and integrate themselves, so it's easier to keep it emotionally compartmentalized. I'm sorry that it scared you (with the truck thing), and that the whole thing ended in such a disappointed way.

Comment

• How scary! I'm glad you are okay, and sorry that it all turned out like this. You are wise to get out now that you have had this warning, though. Peace.

Comment

• Glad you are safe PB!
            Who's needs that I their life???? NO ONE
            link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Hmmm. I think the only thing I can say that hasn't been said is this: *hugs*
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                Hmmm. I think the only thing I can say that hasn't been said is this: *hugs*
                From me too. So sorry to hear this happened to you but your insights/instincts seem so right on. Best to be out of it now. It is too bad for him but he needs to face his own demons not take them out on you or anyone else. (no pun intended) I'm so happy you are safe. Be good to yourself, breakups suck even when they are for the right reasons.
                Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                  First of all, its great to see you back and posting! I know many people on the Forum missed you. Wow, very intense situation, I'm so sorry to hear things didn't work out. Sad to hear about this man's demons, but very glad to hear you are okay.
                  Thanks Canuck. That's the same thing my BFF/2nd mom said.

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  Whoah.
                  Yeah. Very weird and scary indeed.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  Oh, damn. I'm so sorry. I know longer vacations can make or break a relationship, but that's just terrible. I'm glad you're back in one piece. xoxo
                  Yep, if something is going to crack, a vacation is the likely time.

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                  I noticed that you hadn't been around! I'm so sorry to hear about the SO. I've known a few Dr.Jekyll-Mr.Hydes, and your insight is right: these people need weaker ones around to feed off, and to take their crap when they choose to dole it out. You're lucky that you decided to go on holidays together so soon, and saw his dark side before you got in too deep.

Hope you're doing ok! Breakups (even when they're for the best) split the world open a little bit, and make us question and doubt everything.
                  Very insightfully worded. My world has been feeling a bit split open.

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
                  thats pretty crappy PB but better a breakup now than following an injury inflicted during a rage. it sounds like there's a lot of issues he's never dealt with- just built a new persona on a very rocky foundation. may i ask what caused the 1st breakup?
                  either way you don't need a crappy partner, being terrified of opening your mouth is no way to live.

I would imagine the pup wouldn't want him around now either- did the dog actually like him or did you see much submissive behaviour from the dog around him. I'm just curious as dogs sometimes see things in people we dont
                  That's exactly what i was thinking. Even if we could put this back together, I would always be walking on eggshells. The dog actually liked him a lot but on the way home was cowering behind the seats.

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                  Ouch! My condolences, PB.
                  Thanks. It does feel better to get it out in writing.

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                  man, that stinks.
                  i doubt it's actual multiple personalities either, but sometimes people have 'other selves' that they act out on occasion. It can be hard for them to heal and integrate themselves, so it's easier to keep it emotionally compartmentalized. I'm sorry that it scared you (with the truck thing), and that the whole thing ended in such a disappointed way.
                  Yeah, I don't know if this *clinically* meets the definition of MPD, but that's sure what it felt like to me at the time. His entire voice, diction, bearing, posture, vocabulary, etc. was a completely different person. I kept trying to think about the really sweet guy that I had shared so many happy giggling moments with and they were not the same person.

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  How scary! I'm glad you are okay, and sorry that it all turned out like this. You are wise to get out now that you have had this warning, though. Peace.
                  Yep. I don't ever plan to "go there" again. Thanks.

Originally posted by jacmac View Post
                  Glad you are safe PB!
                  Who's needs that I their life???? NO ONE
                  Exactly. Is finding a SANE person too much to ask?

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                  Hmmm. I think the only thing I can say that hasn't been said is this: *hugs*
                  Back atcha Twibble. Thank you.
                  Last edited by Paleobird; 07-13-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                    From me too. So sorry to hear this happened to you but your insights/instincts seem so right on. Best to be out of it now. It is too bad for him but he needs to face his own demons not take them out on you or anyone else. (no pun intended) I'm so happy you are safe. Be good to yourself, breakups suck even when they are for the right reasons.
                    Thank you. I really do feel sorry for him and sincerely hope he gets some help for his problems. I just hope the next girl he meets doesn't have a more lethal encounter with Jake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      Thank you. I really do feel sorry for him and sincerely hope he gets some help for his problems. I just hope the next girl he meets doesn't have a more lethal encounter with Jake.
                      That's exactly what I was thinking and wondering how many other girls have met Jake! So glad you are smart and strong enough to get away and stay away. You know Gene will probably try to apologize to you. Be prepared for this so that you can be strong and say what you need to. Take care of you and wolf cub!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                        That's exactly what I was thinking and wondering how many other girls have met Jake! So glad you are smart and strong enough to get away and stay away. You know Gene will probably try to apologize to you. Be prepared for this so that you can be strong and say what you need to. Take care of you and wolf cub!
                        I wonder how much of what happened he will even remember. I wonder if Gene sees what Jake does or if Gene just lets Jake out to do his dirty work. Gene hates confrontation. We had this problem back in the day too. Something would bug him but he wouldn't say anything, which could have been an opportunity for getting a misunderstanding cleared up or even a sincere apology. No, he would hang on to the hurt and nurse it.

I remember back when we were together the first time being out at a restaurant and running into one of his exes. She had a pretty face but she was seriously obese.

All the time we were together, he was always trying to feed me. I put on some weight even in the 6 months we had before my cancer diagnosis. Desserts, alcohol, second helpings. While I'm not blaming him for my weight gain while I was sick, I do think he helped the gain along by always putting food in front of me at a time when I was too upset to think straight.

I wonder if he is the kind of guy who prefers his women XL. Maybe that was the only kind of woman he could get to give him the time of day when he had his first face. Maybe a fat woman is less threatening because she doesn't have as many other options.

Thank you for your concern Mud Flinger. I informed him when he dropped me off that, if he ever came near me again, there would be a restraining order. And I have informed the security people at the front desk that he is not welcome here.

Comment

• Welcome back, Paleobird. We missed you.

Horrible experience. I respect your clear, fast decision. Good sense. "I feel very sorry for his inner torment but", it's his and his choices to make. He is a grown man, an adult.
                          "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                            Welcome back, Paleobird. We missed you.

Horrible experience. I respect your clear, fast decision. Good sense. "I feel very sorry for his inner torment but", it's his and his choices to make. He is a grown man, an adult.
                            Thanks, Cryptocode. Yes he is an adult. A batshit crazy adult, but an adult nonetheless.
                            I have a very strong sense of self preservation. I won't be around someone like that.

Comment

• other interesting info on Gene is that he has had pituitary problems and thyroid problems and is on meds for both of those plus take a testosterone rx. Plus taking caffeine pills in the morning and eating bird sized portions of carb heavy food every three hours or so.

I wonder how much of him "losing it" had to do with this chemical soup and blood sugar rollercoaster. He gets really tired and weak every time he "needs" a snack. He can't figure out how I can eat eggs in the morning and then not eat til dinner. And if I try to tell him why this works, of course, I am *criticizing* him.

Comment

• Maybe a big effect. It was a scary situation that could have been much worse. The fear takes a while to face and recede.
                                "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Working...
                                X