Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    I went and read that passage. Posting in a thread about eating disorders is an emotional minefield. I just try to stay clear of them altogether. You and Canio6 were both saying the same thing and you were both right. Leida is a neurotic person with some serious body dysmorphia issues. Personally I tried to defend her the same way YogaBare was doing for a while. After a while I just had it up to here with her griping about being a beached whale at a perfectly healthy and even slim weight. I gave up. She will be neurotic until she gets some help AND chooses to change. That's the thing. I think she likes the attention.
    Shoot, I guess so. I'll be a little more careful from now on.

Awesome skirt a few pages ago!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
      Shoot, I guess so. I'll be a little more careful from now on.

Awesome skirt a few pages ago!
      Thanks
      Yep, I just completely avoid any thread that has to do with any kind of eating disorder, binging , etc. I know about that kind of thing second hand having been through it with my sister almost dying of anorexia/bulimia in our 20s. But that's not the same thing as having lived it myself.

I think some people in threads like that take offense to any "outsider's" perspective. Even when you are making perfect sense and it is something they might benefit from. It's the, "That's easy for you to say!" response.

Comment

• I <3 wind sprints.

Great way to get a workout while getting some sun and taking the dog for a walk all at the same time. My condo complex is four city blocks put together with 3 of the 4 covered in condos and the 4th as a public park. The grass is kept nice enough to run on barefoot.

People thought I was a bit strange doing wind sprints today because I was wearing a dress not really official workout gear. I just kicked my shoes off and dashed off across the park and back several times with The Wolf Cub loving every minute.

Comment

• They didn't think you were strange, they were envious! How many of them are uninhibited enough to do what you did, let alone enjoy it?
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
            They didn't think you were strange, they were envious! How many of them are uninhibited enough to do what you did, let alone enjoy it?
            Yes, but most people do tend to feel a sort of anger at that which they fear, and I truly think that people fear that sort of inhibition.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              Well, to be fair, I do appreciate those qualities in you, but I am a dude, so yeah, bikini pics are always applauded.
              second that emotion....

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                They didn't think you were strange, they were envious! How many of them are uninhibited enough to do what you did, let alone enjoy it?
                The men looked approving............ (It was rather a short dress)
                Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                Yes, but most people do tend to feel a sort of anger at that which they fear, and I truly think that people fear that sort of inhibition.
                .......But the ladies looked like, "Why is she having so much fun?"

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                second that emotion....
                OK, OK, I'll try to find my camera. Been meaning to take some pics of my new place too. I haven't seen my camera since I moved. Not sure what box it got packed away in.

Comment

The men looked approving............ (It was rather a short dress)
                  Great legs, short skirt... What's NOT to approve of????? 2 thumbs up an "round the world" with a Z snap! Loving it!

Comment

• Thanks, Doc.

My escrow might close today or it might be Monday. I hate waiting around for phone calls.

I wan to get this out of the way so GMan and I can go camping unplugged.

Comment

• I just got a call from my realtor. It's official. I no longer own a house. Yay!

The money arrives in bank on Monday and we go camping on Tuesday.

Comment

I just got a call from my realtor. It's official. I no longer own a house. Yay!

Woot Woot! Have fun and congratulations on the house being officially sold.

Comment

I just got a call from my realtor. It's official. I no longer own a house. Yay!

Awesome news! They put you through the wringer on that one.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• congrats on no longer owning real estate!
                            link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Huzzah! And (again) have a fabulous trip!
                              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Congratulations on the sale. Have fun camping. Would love to see pics of your new place and anything else. Always looking for inspiration.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X