Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by zoebird View Post
    Yes! I'm setting up to do one class per week EST and one class per week PST since I have clients on both coasts! Some are mountain, but they'll just have to figure it out. And, there will be some recorded classes that you can pick up when you want, and videos to go along with them (to work alignment and such).
    of course, i have to get it ALL sorted, but still. it's in the works! evenutally, it'll be cool to have several a week, so we shall see.

    I literally have three hair devices: 1 soft hair band (for pony tail/braid); 1 fancy-pantsy small clippy; and 1 bone hair stick (with two prongs). I use the hairstick as my bone comb, and then have the boar bristle. You know me: the bare minimum!

    Like the new 'do though.
    Awesome. Let us know as you get it set up how to sign up for those classes.

    Once your hair is grown out, you don't need much to keep it in line. I'm talking about the in between lengths with all the hairbands, clips, pins, barrettes, etc, trying to keep it out of your face when it is not yet long enough to be a pony tail or bun.

    Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Cute cut!
    Thank you.

    Originally posted by Twibble View Post
    I believe my hair is going to be chopped off this week, with the instructions to the person cutting that it be as short as possible and still be feminine.
    That's what I was aiming for here. It's tight to the skull down the back and sides but still has some "poof" and curl on the top.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post

      New avatar to celebrate new haircut.
      Sweeeeeet!
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

      Comment


      • Paleobird, I thought I'd posted, but looking back, apparently I forgot.

        Your Legs - awesome. I love a developed calf on both men and women.

        Your Face - rocks short hair.

        I think the last time I cut my hair above my shoulders was when I went to work after college. I found it harder to handle than long hair really. At one point, I could do a loose French twist in like five minutes before work in the morning if I was working for a conservative company. Now when it's hot, I wind it up, stick two chopsticks in it, and off I go.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

        B*tch-lite

        Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

        Comment


        • Joanie- you would love my hubs!

          He does nothing and had the most ridiculously popped calves.

          My hair is/was impossible when long... it's very fine textured so it's all slippery like a snake and hard to keep put.
          The only answer was a TIGHT and very conservative looking bun.
          Even then once drying I got a good amount of fly aways.
          Really think but fine blonde hair can be a bitch to deal with.

          Right now... short is good. 'Cept my husband isn't a fan.
          He'll live.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
            Sweeeeeet!
            Thank you, Dragonfly.

            Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            Your Legs - awesome. I love a developed calf on both men and women.
            Your Face - rocks short hair.

            I think the last time I cut my hair above my shoulders was when I went to work after college. I found it harder to handle than long hair really. At one point, I could do a loose French twist in like five minutes before work in the morning if I was working for a conservative company. Now when it's hot, I wind it up, stick two chopsticks in it, and off I go.
            Thanks, Joanie. The calves are from all the walking.

            Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            My hair is/was impossible when long... it's very fine textured so it's all slippery like a snake and hard to keep put.
            The only answer was a TIGHT and very conservative looking bun.
            Even then once drying I got a good amount of fly aways.
            Really think but fine blonde hair can be a bitch to deal with.

            Right now... short is good. 'Cept my husband isn't a fan.
            He'll live.
            You know I have found that the "no poo" thing actually works really well with short hair. I couldn't get anything other than a lank greasy mess when I had long hair and tried it. But it really makes short hair behave well. It isn't sticking out in all the wrong directions in the morning. Run a comb through it and go.

            Comment


            • yeah, it is a serious pain to deal with growing-out hair. it's why i won't cut my hair short again unless I have to!

              and I'll definitely let you know when it's all set up. I'm really excited about it.

              Comment


              • One nice thing about this cut is that all the hair I have now is healthy and in good condition. Before I had some damaged ends leftover from that misguided attempt at a perm.

                I use henna color and the damaged ends would take the color differently than the rest and look kind of brassy. Now it's all more even, with reddish highlights. Auburn I guess.

                Now, if I want to let my hair grow out sometime at least it will all be in good shape.

                Comment


                • Yesterday was a little difficult with everybody piping up cheerily with, "Happy Father's Day!" every five minutes. This was my first Father's Day without a father.

                  Of course my Dad was never sentimental when it came to stuff like that. His opinion was that most holidays were invented by Hallmark for the purpose of selling cards.

                  I miss the old curmudgeon.

                  Comment


                  • I agree with your dad. Card companies rule the calendar.
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                    Comment


                    • no doubt. i am like your father -- i don't go in for most holidays. LIke, mother's day? don't care. But, I try to be nice when people do care (like my ILs).

                      anyway, i can understand missing your dad when everyone is celebrating their dad. *hugs*

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        I agree with your dad. Card companies rule the calendar.
                        Yes, and the marketing message is you're a bad person if you don't show them you care....by buying one of our cards of course, how else would they know?

                        Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                        no doubt. i am like your father -- i don't go in for most holidays. LIke, mother's day? don't care. But, I try to be nice when people do care (like my ILs).

                        anyway, i can understand missing your dad when everyone is celebrating their dad. *hugs*
                        I think every store employee was instructed to say "Happy Father's Day!" to everyone yesterday.

                        My idea is that getting together, maybe sharing a meal is a good way to celebrate most holidays. No need for cards and gifts.

                        Comment


                        • I thought of you yesterday and how tough it might be for you. *hug*
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                          B*tch-lite

                          Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            I thought of you yesterday and how tough it might be for you. *hug*
                            Thank you, Joanie.

                            Comment


                            • I mostly just lurk the boards but I saw your new avatar in a different thread and wanted to say how nice it looks! Wish I could rock short hair but I don't have the bone structure...
                              Breathe. Move forward.

                              I just eat what I want...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                                I mostly just lurk the boards but I saw your new avatar in a different thread and wanted to say how nice it looks! Wish I could rock short hair but I don't have the bone structure...
                                Thank you. I've noticed the posts you do make and you should lurk less and post more. Welcome.

                                I had an awesome day today. GMan and I went out to lunch in this really pretty restaurant that is in the middle of the big central park of SD, Balboa Park. We took the Wolf Cub with us and sat out on the terrace under an umbrella. We had a lovely lunch. I had a calamari salad and a bowl of paella. I also had a couple of pomegranate margaritas. Oh those are good. Instead of the sticky sweet typical margarita mix they use pomegranate juice and it really goes well with the tequila.

                                We then went for a slightly drunken rambling walk in the park until sober enough to drive back to my place and tumble into bed for the rest of the day.

                                *sigh* I like being retired.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X