Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quies View Post
    It's not quite as bad in that respect because I have never seen bougainvillea spread by seed or runners. A single plant can take over a whole house though.
    And that's the house I live in - rented.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• My previous recommendation for bougainvillea still stands.
      Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Quies View Post
        My previous recommendation for bougainvillea still stands.
        You mean this one?

"My recommendation would be to pull out the bougainvillea, burn it, have a priest sanctify the area it was planted in, and put a nice plant in."

Either that or hire someone else to do the gardening.

Comment

• Urrrgggghhhh!!!!

I still don't have money in hand from my house sale. The buyers are all moved in but there was some complication with their loan. To cover this transitional "few days" the broker drew up a temporary rental agreement where they are basically renting the house for $100/day. But now a couple of days has turned into a couple of weeks.

GMan and I are supposed to be headed out of town on Tuesday but we may have to put things off a bit until I get this settled. The escrow officially ran out on Friday and so needs to be extended.

I don't doubt that the buyers are doing all they can in good faith to get this taken care of. But, with interest rates rising, I wouldn't put it past their lender to be stalling in order to redo the loan at a higher rate. They would hate to have to move again. They have all their stuff complete with a grand piano moved in and their old house has been sold with new people in it so they have no where to go.

So, I feel sorry for the bind that they are in but, otoh, if I had the money from the sale in the investment fund I would be getting about $4000/month from it where I am only getting $3000/mo for the "rental" agreement. This can't drag on indefinitely.

Then there is the issue of insurance. I am still the owner so I am still on the hook if anything happens.

So help me, I am never going to own any property ever again as long as I live. I like renting. You get what you pay for and then you are free to leave. No hassles.

Comment

• indeed. so frustrating.

you can up the rent and ask for them to cover insurance costs, too. particularly if this is going to go on much longer.

Comment

• Sounds like it's time to get your attorney to make some angry phone calls to grease the wheels...

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                indeed. so frustrating.
                you can up the rent and ask for them to cover insurance costs, too. particularly if this is going to go on much longer.
                Yeah, I really like the new buyers and don't want to be a jerk about this but this has got to end soon.

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                Sounds like it's time to get your attorney to make some angry phone calls to grease the wheels...
                I don't know that my attorney could help any. This is an internal matter at the new buyers' bank. They can pretty much choose who to lend to and how much to lend.

Comment

• Sitting around waiting for real estate people and insurance people to call me back is getting to be a pain.

To entertain myself I just made a batch of homemade chocolates.

1lb cocoa butter (melted in micro)
                  1/2 jar of coconut manna
                  1/2 bottle of vanilla
                  cocoa powder to taste

(yes, I like to use precise measurements.)

pour mix into mini muffin pans about 1/2 inch thick
                  chill in fridge til solid

Comment

• Great minds think alike!

Just made Peter @ Hyperlipid's Chocolate Butter:

One 100gm chocolate bar (85% or 90%), One 250gm block of economy butter, 45ml double cream, 15 or 30ml honey and some vanilla. Melt, pour in to an ice cube tray, freeze, pop out of tray while frozen, keep in fridge until consumed, not very long...
                    Coincidentally, we are waiting to hear back from the folks who saw our house (for sale) this weekend.
                    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• That sounds good too. The nice thing about the cocoa butter ones is that they don't melt at room temp. But then if you eat them fast enough that might never become a problem.

Isn't real estate fun? I am so done with the whole concept of property ownership.

Comment

• Yeah, I need to keep these in the freezer--I added too much cream! Fortunately, I find them hugely satiating, so no more than 2-3 a day.

I have enjoyed renting for the past two years while we decided where we wanted to roost. Being a landlord--not so much.

Since we are going to offer weekend Primal "reboot" retreats, we need a small house with an ADU. Boise is fortunately chock full of them--and very affordable.
                        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                          Since we are going to offer weekend Primal "reboot" retreats, we need a small house with an ADU.
                          That sounds awesome. The house I am selling would have been great for that kind of arrangement as it has three buildings on one elongated lot.

Comment

• Has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to a sunscreen chapstick?

I bought this super duper SPF gazillion lipbalm stick for my climb up Kilimangaro having been warned about the dry air and intense sunlight at that altitude. I used it on the climb and the whole time I had these little blisters around my lips. I thought it was the sun and the dry air and piled on more of the lip stuff.

The lipbalm sat in the bottom of a drawer until being excavated when I moved recently. The other day I was going out on the roof to sit in the sun and decided to use some of it. My lips got really irritated so I though they were sunburned and piled some more of the stuff on.

Then last night the big light bulb lit over my head and I said, "when was the last time I used this chapstick?" Kilimangaro. And "when was the last time I had blistering like this on my lips" Kilimangaro. 2+2=4

Damn. I looked at the fine print on it and it has all kinds of harsh chemical nastiness involved. Tossed it and am now doing a mix of tea tree oil and coconut oil.

Sore lips are uncomfortable.

Comment

• Yes.

I have occasional lip reactions to lip glosses/chapsticks/things.

I have to be careful and go back and find them since I'm a total addict and sometimes unconsciously introduce a new one without paying attention but only use it for like one day, but the reaction shows up a day later and I'm baffled.

Then I have to play "which thing did it" for a week going through all the products since I'm a complete lippy stuff whore and have them EVERYWHERE.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I think I'll stick with the Burt's Bees all natural ones from now on.

This stuff I used was expensive too. Bought it from REI along with all my other mountaineering gear.

It was advertised on the package as being heavy duty lip protection for the serious athlete.

Ow. Feeling pouty with my swollen lips and not in a pretty model pouty way.

Comment

Working...
                                X