Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
    Hey, I got quoted by my first spammer! I celebrated by reporting it to The Triangle of Death.

P-bird, I wantz ur dinner!! Looks nom.
    Yes, I triangled it too. And no you cant have my dinner. Mine. Mine.

Comment

• Steph,
      Stomp to your heart's content.
      Pregnancy is one of those things that is interesting to me intellectually although I never wanted to do it myself. It sound like you are taking a very sensible approach, not eating anything that would make your auto immune condition flare up but allowing yourself safe starches. I think Nurse Em is right about the carbs. You have been Primal a while now though right? I don't think you have that big a risk of gestational diabetes. But of course you worry about it anyway. You are going to be a great mom.

"Nubbin" hehehe. That's what we are all going to call your kid even after he/she has a name.

Comment

• My hiking buddy and I went for an urban hike today and then he came back and helped me make dinner for Dad and stayed to eat with us. I think it's good for Dad to have different things to think about.

I finally got around to writing up my Primal journey as a Friday Success Story for Mark this evening. I had been waiting on the 5 year all clear from the oncologist before I was going to call anything successful. I ended the post with the cancer panty shot I posted here. We'll see if Mark censors that out, that is if he even picks my story to print.

Comment

• Cool all round - the five year results, making your climb, and meeting your initial health goals. You're an inspiring woman - I'm looking forward to reading the story (I'm sure Mark will choose it!).
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
            Cool all round - the five year results, making your climb, and meeting your initial health goals. You're an inspiring woman - I'm looking forward to reading the story (I'm sure Mark will choose it!).
            Thanks but I'm not so sure that he will choose it given that I was upfront about my initial disappointment with Primal before I added the portion control part. We'll see.

I never had being inspiring in mind as a goal but what I wrote in my story could very well apply to anyone who is battling back from an injury or illness that has put them so far behind that they might feel like giving up. I understand what that's like. Btdt. If it could help, I really hope Mark does print it.

Comment

• Hi PB. I've stalked your journal for a while, don't post often. Just wanted to say I agree with Jac and congratulations on everything. Looking forward to seeing your success story posted!

I just moved to San Diego earlier this year and saw you posted about getting grassfed beef. Would you mind sharing your source? I had a supplier back in PA, but haven't found anyone local.
              Thanks!

Comment

• you can also just refuse the GD test if you'd like, and ask to track your daily blood sugar instead. it's simple enough.

-----

i don't think he'll have a specific qualm with it not working until you added calorie counting. I don't think he's that precious about these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by KimT View Post
                  Hi PB. I've stalked your journal for a while, don't post often. Just wanted to say I agree with Jac and congratulations on everything. Looking forward to seeing your success story posted!

I just moved to San Diego earlier this year and saw you posted about getting grassfed beef. Would you mind sharing your source? I had a supplier back in PA, but haven't found anyone local.
                  Thanks!
                  Welcome to San Diego!

It's a CSA where you get meat once per month. Grassfed Beef in San Diego | Green Beef
                  They do beef and lamb. One "share" is $165/mo and that gets you 8lbs of a grab bag of beef cuts. The lamb and "extra bits" like liver and marrow bones I order on the side from them. They are considering adding lamb shares too if there is enough interest in it.

There are two pick up locations. The one I use is at the Golden Hill farmer's market and there is also one further up toward the north end of the county (not sure where).

Let's have a Primal BBQ sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                    you can also just refuse the GD test if you'd like, and ask to track your daily blood sugar instead. it's simple enough.
                    Yeah, that's the plan. Will talk to my midwife about it when the time comes.
                    Steph
                    My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Photo on 2012-06-16 at 18.03.jpg

This is the latest in the never ending series of BASs. That is a slab of swordfish cooked in vindaloo sauce on a bed of all kinds of stuff, greens, shrooms, heritage tomatoes, broccoli slaw which is shredded broccoli stalk with shredded purple cabbage and carrots, mini bell peppers, olives, feta, all tossed with avocado oil and finished off with a spritz of balsamic. (I found this balsamic vinegar that comes in a spray bottle so the vinegariness doesn't end up all in clumps.)

I am basking in the post prandial glow right now. Ummmmmmm.

Comment

• But of course my sea veggies and fish are all TAINTED!, according to Captain Iodine. I shall be dropping dead of mercury poisoning any minute now.

Boy, he has really gone off the deep end with this one. If he would just confine his idiocy to the iodine thread, that wouldn't be so bad. They could all just have a big happy testicle paining party together and if anyone is stupid enough to buy the BS he is spewing, well then they kind of get what they deserve. But no. He has to jump onto every thread that comes along about someone wanting to lose weight and start preaching the gospel again.

What a fruitcake.

Comment

• mmmmm, fruitcake.

well, you can always do some chelation therapy, which you'll know how to do after you get your hair tested. (interwebz!)

made the best quiches this past weekend for a pot luck -- and the little kids LOVED them. so, i'll be making them for DS's birthday -- but his girlfriend has to be egg free so I'll have to figure out something for her. maybe meatballs or home made sausages as well.

also, we got a new micro greens source, which is super-duper local and doing beautifully, and i'm going to get started on the herb garden with their help, because I can. I CAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            But of course my sea veggies and fish are all TAINTED!, according to Captain Iodine. I shall be dropping dead of mercury poisoning any minute now.

Boy, he has really gone off the deep end with this one. If he would just confine his idiocy to the iodine thread, that wouldn't be so bad. They could all just have a big happy testicle paining party together and if anyone is stupid enough to buy the BS he is spewing, well then they kind of get what they deserve. But no. He has to jump onto every thread that comes along about someone wanting to lose weight and start preaching the gospel again.

What a fruitcake.
                            Testicle pain seems more relevant to the ASDF thread than the Iodine thread . Of course, all threads become the ASDF thread in time.

I wasn't totally blown away by eating primally either (I mainly did it because the wif had IBS and we tried it as a possible solution for that). I wasn't looking for weight loss but there definitely has been some weight redistribution, largely because I gave up on wheat-free lunches and havn't missed it as a meal (as long as I get enough fat with my breakfast). Just wearing my new pants to work today since none of my old pairs fit anymore .
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Hawk has a girlfriend? He's what, about 4 now? Nothing like getting started early.

I love quiche. I haven't made that in a while. Good idea, Zoe.

I made a lovely Father's Day dinner for me and Dad. We had a lamb shoulder roast with a side of steamed asparagus. Then dessert was Primal ice cream made in the VitaMix (Frozen banana, frozen blueberries, cream, and cocoa powder) which was photo worthy in margarita glasses but got eaten (slurrrrrrp!) so you will just have to imagine it.

Comment

• Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                                Testicle pain seems more relevant to the ASDF thread than the Iodine thread . Of course, all threads become the ASDF thread in time.

I wasn't totally blown away by eating primally either (I mainly did it because the wif had IBS and we tried it as a possible solution for that). I wasn't looking for weight loss but there definitely has been some weight redistribution, largely because I gave up on wheat-free lunches and havn't missed it as a meal (as long as I get enough fat with my breakfast). Just wearing my new pants to work today since none of my old pairs fit anymore .
                                Ooops. There was a typo in what you quoted. I meant testicle painting not paining. That's what they have been discussing on the iodine thread. Supposedly cures prostate cancer by painting iodine on your testicles. Seriously? WTF????

How's your wife's IBS doing now? Any better? I know what you mean about body recomp. The first change I saw was in inches around my waist even before I lost anything on the scale.

Comment

Working...
                                X