No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well there are times when a fast roll in the hay can be fun but then there are the times when you start in the afternoon, take a break for dinner, go back at til you collapse, one more in the middle of the night, then wake up and go at it again in the morning, take a break for breakfast.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      Well there are times when a fast roll in the hay can be fun but then there are the times when you start in the afternoon, take a break for dinner, go back at til you collapse, one more in the middle of the night, then wake up and go at it again in the morning, take a break for breakfast.......
      ^5 this!

Comment

Well there are times when a fast roll in the hay can be fun but then there are the times when you start in the afternoon, take a break for dinner, go back at til you collapse, one more in the middle of the night, then wake up and go at it again in the morning, take a break for breakfast.......
        +1 That would be Sunday.

I'm prob'ly just jealous that you have a new lover. They're so much fun. And with a history, you don't even have to go through the whole learning phase.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Yes, it's kind of like the best of both, the newness of the current relationship yet being comfy and knowing each other well from all those years ago.

He has seen me at my absolute worst, bald, hugely overweight, and really ill, and still loved me and stood by me. It is impossible to feel self conscious around him now. Like I don't care about him seeing my scars because he also saw the fresh incisions. They look a hell of a lot better now.

He is just such an all around sweetums.

Comment

• ^Very awesome. I'm happy for you.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
              Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
              Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                ^Very awesome. I'm happy for you.
                Thanks and welcome to the Birdnest.
                Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                It's so good to see you back and posting regularly again.

Comment

It's so good to see you back and posting regularly again.
                  Thanks, Robin! I am finding this forum a bit trying at times, but your posts are a breath of fresh air! Followed you over to Dirty Carnivore. Looks like more interesting info to peruse...
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

He has seen me at my absolute worst, bald, hugely overweight, and really ill, and still loved me and stood by me. It is impossible to feel self conscious around him now. Like I don't care about him seeing my scars because he also saw the fresh incisions. They look a hell of a lot better now.

He is just such an all around sweetums.
                    That's how you know he's a keeper. I'm glad you found someone you can feel that way with.
                    Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                      Thanks, Robin! I am finding this forum a bit trying at times, but your posts are a breath of fresh air! Followed you over to Dirty Carnivore. Looks like more interesting info to peruse...
                      Yeah, all the muscle heads trying to say that anyone who doesn't lift heavy is a skinny jeans wearing emo vampire pussy does get old. Also the sugar bees and their blatant lack of scientific facts get obnoxious. Choco, who was already a PITA, has gone and drunk the Ray Peat heavily sweetened cool aid. Urg.

Originally posted by Quies View Post
                      That's how you know he's a keeper. I'm glad you found someone you can feel that way with.
                      Thank you. He is a keeper. How have you been?

Comment

Thank you. He is a keeper. How have you been?
                        I was doing fine until I got rained in for the second day in a row and decided to drink one of my sugar sodas. Now I am uncomfortably buzzed.

I saw the list of what non-meat foods you tend to eat and your comments about eating fruit because the plants want them to be eaten. I agree with this but I think something else that should be kept in mind is what the plant wants its fruit to be eaten by.
                        Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Quies View Post
                          I was doing fine until I got rained in for the second day in a row and decided to drink one of my sugar sodas. Now I am uncomfortably buzzed.

I saw the list of what non-meat foods you tend to eat and your comments about eating fruit because the plants want them to be eaten. I agree with this but I think something else that should be kept in mind is what the plant wants its fruit to be eaten by.
                          Eww. Sounds like the sodas need to get pantry purged and given to the food bank.

Not sure what you mean about what a fruit is eaten by. Care to expand on that? I think mostly the plant wants whatever animal will eat the fruit and then poop out the seeds later somewhere else complete with a built in dollop of fertilizer in order to propagate itself.

Comment

Eww. Sounds like the sodas need to get pantry purged and given to the food bank.
                            Probably. Eating some mango made me feel better, it probably soaked up some of the caffeine. I think I'm getting more sensitive to caffeine since I don't need it to stay awake any more.

Not sure what you mean about what a fruit is eaten by. Care to expand on that? I think mostly the plant wants whatever animal will eat the fruit and then poop out the seeds later somewhere else complete with a built in dollop of fertilizer in order to propagate itself.
                            Therein lies the answer. Peppers, for example, would prefer that a bird eat them because they don't chew and the seeds will go right through them. Mammals, on the other hand, tend to chew up the seeds along with the fruit and they won't grow. This is why most peppers are spicy, to deter mammals while birds are unaffected. I don't have problems with peppers/nightshade, but I know others who have joint pains from them. I really think it comes down to who has the upper hand in each arms race. Personally, I have the upper hand against nightshades and mangos.
                            Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Quies View Post
                              Probably. Eating some mango made me feel better, it probably soaked up some of the caffeine. I think I'm getting more sensitive to caffeine since I don't need it to stay awake any more.

Therein lies the answer. Peppers, for example, would prefer that a bird eat them because they don't chew and the seeds will go right through them. Mammals, on the other hand, tend to chew up the seeds along with the fruit and they won't grow. This is why most peppers are spicy, to deter mammals while birds are unaffected. I don't have problems with peppers/nightshade, but I know others who have joint pains from them. I really think it comes down to who has the upper hand in each arms race. Personally, I have the upper hand against nightshades and mangos.
                              I've found that being in ketosis makes me more susceptible to all chemical substances, be it caffeine or alcohol.

I don't really know why nightshades are such a problem for some people and not for others. Perhaps my Native American DNA is better adapted to new world nightshades than that of some European people.

Comment

I've found that being in ketosis makes me more susceptible to all chemical substances, be it caffeine or alcohol.
                                Depending on when you notice the difference, it could partially be that for most of the day you don't have anything extra in your stomach to buffer them.

I don't really know why nightshades are such a problem for some people and not for others. Perhaps my Native American DNA is better adapted to new world nightshades than that of some European people.
                                I have some Native American DNA as well and I think it may help with the mangos as well as the nightshades. Mangos are Asian but mango and poison ivy sensitivities go hand in hand and I tolerate the hell out of poison ivy.
                                Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X