No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that sounds like an awesome time (100th birthday!). cool to visit with long-time friends, too.

i have a long workshop that i'm attending this weekend -- postural patterning. i'm really psyched. Dh is coming too, and DS is spending a weekend with his friend.

winter is coming. pretty days, but chilly! we're still not using the heater, but we are wearing our layers!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      Wow, the big 100 - that's so cool.
      And she is sharp as a tack at 100. A really nice lady.

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
      that sounds like an awesome time (100th birthday!). cool to visit with long-time friends, too.

i have a long workshop that i'm attending this weekend -- postural patterning. i'm really psyched. Dh is coming too, and DS is spending a weekend with his friend.
      winter is coming. pretty days, but chilly! we're still not using the heater, but we are wearing our layers!
      Oh good, you and the hubs are going to have a grownups only weekend.
      For us it is almost summer. Definitely sundress weather. I like my new place because it is right near the ocean (well the harbor) so it stays cool from the ocean breeze.

Comment

• I can't express how wonderful I am feeling.

I am writing again.

It has been ages with my novel languishing in a file and not finding a way to take it forward. Stuck. The past several days, it feels like the novel is just writing itself. It's pouring out of my keyboard. I haven't felt like this in a couple of years.

Comment

• that's awesome!

workshop was great. we are so sore. working your posture is a *serious workout*. DS missed us, but had a good time with his friend.

i love living on the water -- it's amazing how . . . not to sound too woo-woo . . . "healing!" it feels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            I can't express how wonderful I am feeling.

I am writing again.

It has been ages with my novel languishing in a file and not finding a way to take it forward. Stuck. The past several days, it feels like the novel is just writing itself. It's pouring out of my keyboard. I haven't felt like this in a couple of years.
            Sex on a regular basis, new life, past stresses behind you. Did I mention sex on a regular basis??
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I can't express how wonderful I am feeling.

I am writing again.

Good for you! This is so awesome, and I am so happy for you!
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
              Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                that's awesome!
                workshop was great. we are so sore. working your posture is a *serious workout*. DS missed us, but had a good time with his friend.
                i love living on the water -- it's amazing how . . . not to sound too woo-woo . . . "healing!" it feels.
                Oh, living near the water is the best. That's one of the things I love about my new place is all the seaside walking I'm doing.

Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                Sex on a regular basis, new life, past stresses behind you. Did I mention sex on a regular basis??
                Yep. All of those thing are contributing.

Originally posted by kalli889 View Post
                Good for you! This is so awesome, and I am so happy for you!
                Thank you, Kalli.

My novel, which is a semi autobiographical novel but written from the POV of my cat, was firmly stuck in the point of my life right before getting cancer. I hadn't found a way to deal with that in written form yet.

The guy who is back in my life now is the one who was there and went through that whole experience with me. Somehow, in addition to the great sex, having him around has unlocked something, like the puzzle pieces just kind of went "click" and fit together and I could see the whole picture.

Also I think getting settled in to my new place is helping give me a way of looking back and writing about things that happened without the emotions being overwhelming.

My cat passed away a couple of years ago so she is no longer available to do the narration but that has been taken over by the Wolf Cub.

Comment

• You have a very nice writing style. I remember enjoying your posts from your time in Africa. Bet your novel is going to be great!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• That quote “The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat, or the sea.” -Isak Dinesen, from Seven Gothic Tales (Same dude who wrote Out of Africa) is the reason to live near the ocean/sea.

I aspire to that. Seriously. It's my dream to move south and to the coast... or just to the coast left or right at minimum.
                    I want to be able to go out and sit on my own dock and drink coffee, and jump in my yak and paddle whenever, and catch the fishes and eat them for dinner.
                    *dreams*

Also. Sex. Yeah... that stuff is important.
                    I can't believe how many people underestimate this.
                    I made husband pause the fights last night for a bit.
                    15 years and we still got it.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                      You have a very nice writing style. I remember enjoying your posts from your time in Africa. Bet your novel is going to be great!
                      Thank you. I appreciate that. It may or may not ever get published but the process is interesting.

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      That quote “The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat, or the sea.” -Isak Dinesen, from Seven Gothic Tales (Same dude who wrote Out of Africa) is the reason to live near the ocean/sea.

I aspire to that. Seriously. It's my dream to move south and to the coast... or just to the coast left or right at minimum.
                      I want to be able to go out and sit on my own dock and drink coffee, and jump in my yak and paddle whenever, and catch the fishes and eat them for dinner.
                      *dreams*

Also. Sex. Yeah... that stuff is important.
                      I can't believe how many people underestimate this.
                      I made husband pause the fights last night for a bit.
                      15 years and we still got it.
                      That quote is so true. And you and your hubs give me hope for longer term relationships. I have never managed anything past about four years at a stretch in my life.

Comment

• Isak Dinesen was a woman -- Karen Blixen. That's just her pen name. She was one awesome lady. I saw both her home in africa and her home in denmark. it was very cool to see both homes. She was really amazing.

Comment

Isak Dinesen was a woman -- Karen Blixen. That's just her pen name. She was one awesome lady. I saw both her home in africa and her home in denmark. it was very cool to see both homes. She was really amazing.
                          Well that is awesome.

While I've read Out of Africa, Seven Gothic Tales, and Winter's Tales... all in old vintage print versions, so no cover flap mentions of pen names or pictures... I never really dug into the author.
                          Now I may feel like digging into more.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Isak Dinesen was a woman -- Karen Blixen. That's just her pen name. She was one awesome lady. I saw both her home in africa and her home in denmark. it was very cool to see both homes. She was really amazing.
                            Interesting. I did not know that.

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Well that is awesome.

While I've read Out of Africa, Seven Gothic Tales, and Winter's Tales... all in old vintage print versions, so no cover flap mentions of pen names or pictures... I never really dug into the author.
                            Now I may feel like digging into more.
                            Indeed.

I have been finding that I don't react well to wine these days. Not sure why, perhaps the sulfates? In any case on an internet trawl for alternative beverages, I ran across this place:Wines | Black Bear Winery which sells just about every kind of non-grape wine you could think of. Of course, I went and bought a bunch of them. So far the Dandelion Wine is amazing and I am presently sipping a glass of the Locust Blossom wine over ice.

Life is good.

Comment

Interesting. I did not know that.

Indeed.

I have been finding that I don't react well to wine these days. Not sure why, perhaps the sulfates? In any case on an internet trawl for alternative beverages, I ran across this place:Wines | Black Bear Winery which sells just about every kind of non-grape wine you could think of. Of course, I went and bought a bunch of them. So far the Dandelion Wine is amazing and I am presently sipping a glass of the Locust Blossom wine over ice.

Life is good.
                              The organic wines here in Sonoma are excellent, no sulfates, I'll drop one or two bottle off for you next time I'm down your way.
                              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                                The organic wines here in Sonoma are excellent, no sulfates, I'll drop one or two bottle off for you next time I'm down your way.
                                Sounds like a plan. Primal BBQ at my house.

Comment

Working...
                                X