Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    I can't argue with that. (dammit)
    I know, I understand, you don't really love me. You just check in with my journal when there are boobs involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      I know, I understand, you don't really love me. You just check in with my journal when there are boobs involved.
      Psh, boobs are the least of the reasons why I love you.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        I am curious if you are tracking losses in measurements or noticing where this poundage appears to be coming from.

I have access to raw milk if I make the trek some weekend and really want ot try it. I figure I can always turn it into yogurt and give it to my parents if it doesn't agree with me. Is it weird that I'd trust yogurt from raw milk more than yogurt from store-bought milk? They say to heat milk to 180°F first to kill off bacteria, then cool to 110 and mix in your starter, but with raw milk, it's better to just heat to the incubation temperature of 110°F, then mix in your starter and let it set. You keep some of the beneficial bacteria that way. I wouldn't feel so brave only heating store-bought milk, even from a local brand, to 110.
        Heyyyy...
        I make raw milk yogurt.
        And no, I don't heat it to kill a damned thing.
        It is a little different process, and the result is a little different... but I like it.
        Also, to make a thicker "raw" milk yogurt you can cheat and use half heated milk that has been cooled and half non-heated milk.
        That way you get the thickness from the change in proteins, and the extra good bacteria from the raw. Also bumping up the protein with organic milk powder can make it thicker, and bumping up the cream level is OF COURSE always a good idea IMO.

Also you have to make your starter culture with pasteurized milk. I just use store bought organic for that since it's cheaper than my raw stuff. This is because the bacteria in the raw will compete with the bacteria strains in the starter culture...

Also, Mesophilic cultures.
        I verily sing their praises!
        Just like kefir, NO HEAT required. Yummmmmmmmmmmm!

By eating a wide variety of meso yogurts, and thermo yogurt, AND kefir... you get ALL the bugs.
        Hooray bugs!
        I posted all of that stuff in more detail the "milk fast" thread, plus links.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Psh, boobs are the least of the reasons why I love you.

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Heyyyy...
          I make raw milk yogurt.
          And no, I don't heat it to kill a damned thing.
          It is a little different process, and the result is a little different... but I like it.
          Also, to make a thicker "raw" milk yogurt you can cheat and use half heated milk that has been cooled and half non-heated milk.
          That way you get the thickness from the change in proteins, and the extra good bacteria from the raw. Also bumping up the protein with organic milk powder can make it thicker, and bumping up the cream level is OF COURSE always a good idea IMO.

Also you have to make your starter culture with pasteurized milk. I just use store bought organic for that since it's cheaper than my raw stuff. This is because the bacteria in the raw will compete with the bacteria strains in the starter culture...

Also, Mesophilic cultures.
          I verily sing their praises!
          Just like kefir, NO HEAT required. Yummmmmmmmmmmm!

By eating a wide variety of meso yogurts, and thermo yogurt, AND kefir... you get ALL the bugs.
          Hooray bugs!
          I posted all of that stuff in more detail the "milk fast" thread, plus links.
          Thank you. Veeeerrrry interesting.

Comment

• It all boils down to who has the right to tell us what to do with our bodies. If I want to lop off my breasts or ears or lips for no apparent reason, and I can afford it, should some politician or political entity tell me not to do so? And when there is a reason, the politicians should really stand down, as should anyone who isn't me.

Women, contrary to what some believe, are really smart about their bodies. In my experience, women know more about reproduction, sexual gratification, illness, aging, etc., than the average man. Most politicians are dicks. Laws are written by politicians. My message to politicians: Stay the f*** out of my body, and I'll stay out of yours.

As to the originator of that thread - dude makes me feel like the poster child for good mental health.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Isn't it strange though how conservative types are all for "get government off our backs" unless it is about intruding into someone else's life and dictating their morality as to whom to marry or the right to decide what goes on in your own body or even when to end your life with dignity.
              Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

And yes, Perfidy needs the guys with the butterfly nets to come get him. <"They're coming to take me away, haha, to the happy home where life is beautiful all the time......">

Comment

• Did you notice how serious I took his thread on feminism?
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  Did you notice how serious I took his thread on feminism?
                  pfffttt!

Once again I have only had two pints of milk, one of kefir and one of kombucha and it is bed time and I feel totally stuffed.

G'night all.

Moooooo!

Comment

Isn't it strange though how conservative types are all for "get government off our backs" unless it is about intruding into someone else's life and dictating their morality as to whom to marry or the right to decide what goes on in your own body or even when to end your life with dignity.
                    Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Well, much like the liberal types who are all "keep your hands off my body" but have no issue taking more and more of the pay you earned with said body. That said, I am one of those conservative types that wants to government out off my back, out of my morals, and out of my wallet. As for who marries who, I don't care as long as there is an open bar

Comment

Well, much like the liberal types who are all "keep your hands off my body" but have no issue taking more and more of the pay you earned with said body. That said, I am one of those conservative types that wants to government out off my back, out of my morals, and out of my wallet. As for who marries who, I don't care as long as there is an open bar
                      ^5 the open bar!

Comment

I don't care as long as there is an open bar
                        Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        ^5 the open bar!
                        Ah, the party animals are up early I see.

Question. When the time stamp appears on the top left corner of the post, is that adjusted for time zone? Like did doc post that at 8:50am my time or Virginia time? Just curious how the system works.

Comment

• Well, it is 1043 here in AZ right now. What post time is showing up in the left corner of this post?

Edit - strangly mine is showing 1050 O.o

Comment

• It should be showing your time zone, but if it doesn't, you might be able to change it in your profile settings for the forum.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

Question. When the time stamp appears on the top left corner of the post, is that adjusted for time zone? Like did doc post that at 8:50am my time or Virginia time? Just curious how the system works.
                              Well, unless you cheerfully posted that question at 3.47 am today, I suspect it always shows the time zone of the reader and not the writer.
                              Last edited by Sigi; 05-18-2013, 06:16 AM.
                              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• And also - I could live on kefir. Just so you know.

Got some more from my favourite crazy hippy kefir dude at the farmers' market today, and am having a hell of a time trying not to drink ALL OF IT. RIGHT NOW. Love it.

I should go back to making my own - much cheaper and then (dangerously) always on hand. But mine is never quite as delish as the crazy dude's stuff.

Robin, you should totally make your own. Hellz, if I can make it (and not poison myself), ANYONE can.

Random question without notice: When you talk about your "pint" of raw milk or kefir on this wacky but delicious sounding plan you're on, what is the actual volume of your pint (in metric terms)? Is that a 0.47 L (US pint, I think), or 0.57 L imperial pint? Enquiring minds need to know.
                                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X