Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are you familiar with Alone of All Her Sex? Basic premise: as worship/deification of the the Virgin increases, the status of real women decreases. He's a walking, talking embodiment, I imagine.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

    Comment


    • I once hung out at a forum where the moderator was completely hands off. Anyone could post and they could post anything they wanted. Amazingly, though there was occasionally a huge blow up, it really wasn't much different from moderated boards. Wingnuts, mostly of the bible thumping variety - it was generally funny for a short time. Oddly enough, after a few years he handed the board over to a heavy handed moderator and it basically turned into a knitting circle.

      For the first 19 years of my life I lived in NY and was exposed to a lot of Catholics and Jews. I was raised Catholic and my second husband was Jewish. I really don't remember any of the crackpot fanaticism I sometimes see online. Here in New Orleans, there are a lot of Catholics also. It's no big deal, except maybe, "My church is bigger than yours." IOW, no matter what the religion, there are always going to be crackpots who take from its teachings what they need to feel justified in their hate. Online, they get to spew that without recourse.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

      B*tch-lite

      Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        There is no one quite like David Brennan, thank goodness. There are a fair few oddities, but then I suppose I too am an oddity.
        Yes, but you're odd in a nice way.

        Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        Meh... there is a big difference in being odd, and being "THE WHOLE WORLD MUST BE JUST LIKE ME" Odd.
        Exactly. He's odd in an aggressive and argumentative way.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Also...
          I found the answer to why DB is like he is...
          He was raised Catholic.
          Hooray for repression and brainwashing!
          This goes a long way toward explaining a lot about him. You could almost start to feel sorry for the poor guy. Almost.

          Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          Are you familiar with Alone of All Her Sex? Basic premise: as worship/deification of the the Virgin increases, the status of real women decreases. He's a walking, talking embodiment, I imagine.
          Interesting. I shall have to read that.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            I once hung out at a forum where the moderator was completely hands off. Anyone could post and they could post anything they wanted. Amazingly, though there was occasionally a huge blow up, it really wasn't much different from moderated boards. Wingnuts, mostly of the bible thumping variety - it was generally funny for a short time. Oddly enough, after a few years he handed the board over to a heavy handed moderator and it basically turned into a knitting circle.

            For the first 19 years of my life I lived in NY and was exposed to a lot of Catholics and Jews. I was raised Catholic and my second husband was Jewish. I really don't remember any of the crackpot fanaticism I sometimes see online. Here in New Orleans, there are a lot of Catholics also. It's no big deal, except maybe, "My church is bigger than yours." IOW, no matter what the religion, there are always going to be crackpots who take from its teachings what they need to feel justified in their hate. Online, they get to spew that without recourse.
            And then there are the New Age Atlantean crackpots like fierce spewing that particular brand of "taking it to an extreme" around.

            I really think Brennan should be banned though. He has crossed the line many times in terms of aggressively vulgar language. By that I mean directing vulgarities AT people. (As opposed to just calling his boss an a$$hole.)

            Comment


            • Grumpycakes suggested that everyone of those direct attacks on women was a joke...
              Umm. No.
              One thing DB has been in every single thread he has started has been extremely consistent in his hate speech towards women in particular.

              Someone has reported DB though.
              They admitted they did it in the "don't report DB thread".
              And it was for the language in those direct attacks.

              I used to rather like provoking the guy... however since he moved to the "just get out of my thread" mode, he isn't as much fun.
              Seems due to my having a vagina he won't even answer an on topic question.


              At least Fierce always has something new and interesting to bring up. Atlanteans via reincarnated Bacon, Purple Flames of Woo, Flower Essence... It's fun.

              Ultra misogyny Madonna/whore complex ad infinitum with an extra dose of cavernous c**t slut shaming... well, it gets dull after a bit.
              Last edited by cori93437; 05-12-2013, 09:51 AM.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

              Comment


              • The mods are rarely active on weekends. We'll see what happens on Monday, I guess.
                Depression Lies

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  Grumpycakes suggested that everyone of those direct attacks on women was a joke...
                  Umm. No.
                  One thing DB has been in every single thread he has started has been extremely consistent in his hate speech towards women in particular.

                  Someone has reported DB though.
                  They admitted they did it in the "don't report DB thread".
                  And it was for the language in those direct attacks.

                  I used to rather like provoking the guy... however since he moved to the "just get out of my thread" mode, he isn't as much fun.
                  Seems due to my having a vagina he won't even answer an on topic question.


                  At least Fierce always has something new and interesting to bring up. Atlanteans via reincarnated Bacon, Purple Flames of Woo, Flower Essence... It's fun.

                  Ultra misogyny Madonna/whore complex ad infinitum with an extra dose of cavernous c**t slut shaming... well, it gets dull after a bit.
                  I think we should start a band called the Cavernous Cunts. Kinda has a ring to it doncha think?

                  And Grumpycakes would see such spitefulness and blame it on the target. Par for his course. He's got a problem with XX folks as well.

                  DB, in addition to being massively twisted when it comes to sexuality, is also a flaming racist. He keeps referring to neighborhoods that were once nice but are now different as "solid middle class WHITE neighborhoods". Not cool. Not welcome here I hope.

                  I reported him several times and I don't care who knows that. (For the record, I never once reported Darth, even though I got blamed by some for his getting banned.)

                  And Fierce is funny until she (weighing an anorexic 100lbs wringing wet) starts berating anyone who is having trouble losing weight for their gluttony and sloth. Sure, it's easy to lose weight. Just develop an ED. Solves everything.

                  Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  The mods are rarely active on weekends. We'll see what happens on Monday, I guess.
                  Yep, by Monday it may all have died down naturally. As cori said, it stopped being fun a while back.

                  Comment


                  • It was meee. But I didn't realise it was one report and you're out. I just thought he needed the 'listen, sonny' chat. Perhaps from a MALE mod.
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      It was meee. But I didn't realise it was one report and you're out. I just thought he needed the 'listen, sonny' chat. Perhaps from a MALE mod.
                      Oh, it wasn't just you.


                      Don't worry bout that!
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                        It was meee. But I didn't realise it was one report and you're out. I just thought he needed the 'listen, sonny' chat. Perhaps from a MALE mod.
                        Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        Oh, it wasn't just you. Don't worry bout that!
                        No, it wasn't just you and also it's not just one report and you're out. If that were the case I would have been banned because Grizz kept reporting me for "trolling" his iodine threads. (I called it trying to keep people from hurting themselves by taking the insane dosages he was pushing).

                        I think the mods can tell if there is something extreme or if there is a consensus that someone really needs to go.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          I think we should start a band called the Cavernous Cunts.
                          The thing that I keep chuckling about is those Catholic girls sure do have a lot of babies (my MiL, for instance). Having only had the one child, I assume that having five or six of the little blighters crawl their way out of you might leave things a little, er, flappy. I'd like to ask him how many siblings he has, but that would be cruel...
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

                          Comment


                          • I have to agree that fiercehunter's presence makes me happy.

                            I couldn't believe the cavernous cunt thing (and yes, a great name for a band though we wouldn't be able to play Salt Lake City). Then I realized that any man who associates cavernous with cunt has a little tiny problem. And I don't think those vacuum things at the back of men's magazines will solve it.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                            B*tch-lite

                            Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                              The thing that I keep chuckling about is those Catholic girls sure do have a lot of babies (my MiL, for instance). Having only had the one child, I assume that having five or six of the little blighters crawl their way out of you might leave things a little, er, flappy. I'd like to ask him how many siblings he has, but that would be cruel...
                              Oh, goodness that sounds painful. I have never even had one. I've heard there are surgeries they can do to reverse the cavernousness. Not a pleasant thought. Yikes. This begs the question of if, in his catholic family and community circles, the "cavernous c**t" meme got passed around in conversation. Perhaps this is why he is so hung up on it. I wonder if he has children. Oh, please tell me he doesn't.

                              Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              I have to agree that fiercehunter's presence makes me happy.

                              I couldn't believe the cavernous cunt thing (and yes, a great name for a band though we wouldn't be able to play Salt Lake City). Then I realized that any man who associates cavernous with cunt has a little tiny problem. And I don't think those vacuum things at the back of men's magazines will solve it.
                              Ah, maybe that is his problem. Not the cavernousness but the lack of a substantial flashlight with which to explore the cavern.

                              Yeah, Fierce is usually good for a laugh. She does get a little shrill sometimes though berating everyone who doesn't see starving/puking as a viable diet method as lazy and weak willed.

                              Comment


                              • I'm not offended that he thinks I have giant genitals; I only wish I could say the same for him, but sadly I think we all know he is not just small minded.
                                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X