No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My aunt had to have the entire top of her scalp removed a couple of years ago due to a nasty form of malignant melanoma that runs in her family(her father died of the same cancer).
    She still has a ring of hair, but a very bald and scarred top. She has to cover herself very well out of doors of course... hello, melanoma... and her fight is not over yet, but in doors she does not cover and will not.
    She says she has no reason to... she is comfortable with it, it doesn't bother her, and she sees no reason to cover the skin on her head just to make others comfortable.

I also have a friend who has really thin hair due to Hashi's... she got divorced a few years ago, but is outgoing and dates(some hot guys I might add) and the hair thing isn't an issue. And by isn't an issue, I mean we have girl talked every single thing you van possibly imagine in total cry in the wine fashion... it would have come up! And if she will be dramatic and nitpick some of the things in her life, and just say "whatever" about her hair, it's really whatever. The Hashi's has other reasons to be fixed other than hairloss... seriously.

I don't equate a suit with "classy".
    The guy in that particular suit loos more like a jerk who probably smells bad (IME).
    Anybody with cash can buy a well fitted suit, even a woman.
    Annie Lennox has rocked a fine suit or two!
    Bald men look great in well fitted suits.
    IMO actions = classy, NOT clothing, status, wealth, hair = classy
    For instance, a beautiful young actress wearing a designer gown worth thousands... classy?
    Maybe... that depends on how she acts.
    Does she get wasted drunk, fall all over cursing, and vomit on someones shoes. Not classy.
    Shows the world her vagina getting out of the car. Not classy.

On this issue we will just have to agree to disagree.
    Nothing anyone ever says will ever convince me that a human not having some hair on their head makes them less somehow or disables them in any fashion except in their own mind.
    I really believe in the concept of owning who you are and not worrying about the messages the media and culture send you about who you are "supposed to be".
    I stopped drinking that kool-aid long ago... and I really wish others would do themselves a favor and do the same.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I don't get it. Your hair is a part of who you are, what's wrong with taking care of yourself and wanting to look at your best? Most people here diet because of vanity reasons. There is being controlled by your image, and then there is actually being your image. They're two different things in my opinion. I don't give a shit if someone doesn't like how I dress, how I style my hair, how I walk, talk, etc; because it's who I am, I don't hide it. If I were to lose my hair, it'd be like losing a piece of me, and I imagine this is how a lot of people feel. How we handle it is different, and it does take a significant amount of courage to still go out with a smile on your face and face the day with confidence. This much is admirable. But, to say hair is meaningless is just wrong.

Also, I don't buy into media propaganda whatsoever, and my style shows that. I'm always far off mainstream trends, at least, that's how it is where I live.

And lol @ all those assumptions about a guy in a picture. That shows a lot of insecurity itself and someone with a clear bias and an agenda. For someone who preaches about acceptance and being yourself you sure do throw out a lot of insults.

PS: No one is arguing that class doesn't depend on how one acts, though, given your response over a picture I tend to second guess yours. No offense.
      Last edited by Derpamix; 05-07-2013, 06:56 PM.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

• And IMO it's just as normal to lose hair as it is to go gray and get wrinkles... it's part of life.

70% of men have MPB, that seems pretty darn normal.
        And it doesn't affect their ability to function normally in the world one iota.

You feel like your hair is part of your absolute identity.
        *shrug*
        Different strokes for different folks I guess.
        And just two different opinions on the matter.

Did you know that one of the reasons that fully haired is valued over bald is because is because it's more rare.
        Just like light colored eyes, and blonde hair.
        It's a trick.
        Just like in cultures where people are mostly very thin because of poverty/famine people with money want to be fat.
        (yes, those cultures still exist...)
        And in America where now the poor are fat, pale, and and sedentary the rich/well off seek to be very thin or toned and tanned.
        This happen long ago as well with the rich people wanting to be ultra white and plump, because only peasants were browned from the sun and fit from working.
        Enculturation at work...
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          Jon Hamm is actually 42(see how your perception of age sucks), and no, I haven't in this entire thread.
          Couldn't see his face through the smoke. You think you haven't spouted fallacies and opinionated paragraphs? Really? (see how your perception of reality sucks?)
          Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          The guy in that particular suit looks more like a jerk who probably smells bad (IME).
          Cig smoke stinks and tastes bad. Not sexy at all.

Comment

• It is unless I lose it(not likely, entire family has full heads of hair until they die) then I make a new identity.

Maybe, but it's not impossible to maintain and prevent loss via current methods, people are just uninformed. Most men lose portions of their hair throughout their life, but nothing close to 70% for full baldness. I see this much just going outside and looking around.

It's not a trick, if you want a biological and mean point of view, full hair shows more optimal breeding material for many women. Just like height, eye color, etc;
            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Couldn't see his face through the smoke. You think you haven't spouted fallacies and opinionated paragraphs? Really? (see how your perception of reality sucks?)
              Funny har har, but there is no smoke in the picture!

And, no, not really. Unless you mean majority opinion being a male, then sure. You can't really talk like you understand seeing as how you don't understand.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• I find that with internet piccys, its often not safe to bet that the persons current age matches the age of whatever photograph I find... maybe he is... he may also be photoshopped to smooth things out a good bit. They do that to the dudes too. Especially in pics that were obviously a photoshoot for an ad or mag spread like that one.
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  I find that with internet piccys, its often not safe to bet that the persons current age matches the age of whatever photograph I find... maybe he is... he may also be photoshopped to smooth things out a good bit. They do that to the dudes too. Especially in pics that were obviously a photoshoot for an ad or mag spread like that one.
                  Yeah, but there are snaps of him all over the net from random photographers on the street. I don't really agree that money will buy good looks at all, most of the advice they get from their stylists, derms, etc; are absolute trash and naturally you can age much more gracefully using less chemical substances. I wouldn't put that beauty salon shit on me at any cost.

Oh, and yes, every picture in a mag, whatever is photoshopped and airbrushed to shit.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

You can't really talk like you understand seeing as how you don't understand.
                    I have no idea what you are on about. How's that?

Comment

• ^^^What a thoughtful spambot.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        Bald men look great in well fitted suits.
                        Runkle agrees.

Evan-Handler-f.jpg

Comment

• The glasses look a little dippy perched like that but otherwise pretty handsome. Who is he? Ah, googled. Californication. Hmm, I never watched that one. Any good?
                          Last edited by Paleobird; 05-07-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            The glasses look a little dippy perched like that but otherwise pretty handsome. Who is he?
                            Evan Handler, plays Charlie Runkle from Californication. Great show, stars David Duchovny. Also a big role in Sex and the City.

Comment

• Most men look good in a well fitted suit... I don't see why it has to just be bald men. There is that pesky personal bias again.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

Most men look good in a well fitted suit... I don't see why it has to just be bald men. There is that pesky personal bias again.
                                There's that pesky putting words in other people's mouths again. Nobody said just bald men. There are good looking men in well fitted suits who have hair and good looking men in well fitted suits who don't. Both are attractive.

Personally, now that I am no longer working, the whole suit thing is not my cup of tea. I prefer a guy in hiking pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X