Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    I read a couple of posts in the forums this morning and thought... "This crap is just a ridiculous waste of time, I'm not putting my energy here anymore." LOL
    Same people, same arguments.
    I really just have better things to do.

But, I still like some of the PEEPS around here, so I'll be stopping in to say hello, respond to a few posts on casual friends posts, and post some updates in my Journal and stuff.
    +1 to all that. Some of the forum stuff is just downright pissing me off any more, but I still like to skulk around and check on my faves.

Thank God there's a new CICO thread. It had been a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
      +1 to all that. Some of the forum stuff is just downright pissing me off any more, but I still like to skulk around and check on my faves.

New people, old arguments
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Yes, life does tend to pile it all on you at once, doesn't it. My condolences.

I'm glad to know you are feeling well. I get concerned about you sometimes.

I've just been stuck here waiting for the escrow process to grind its glacial way to the end. So, I can't go anywhere but I also end up with a lot of time on my hands in between things like termite inspections and replacing water heaters. So I end up dinking around here, teasing DerpaZach just for the fun of it and an occasional battle with mi taquito. Boredom. Dangerous stuff.
        I rarely bother posting anything nutritional science related anymore though, it gets really boring and old. I often shift interests. I used to be hardcore into technology before nutritional science, before that it was conspiracy theories... and so on and so forth.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
          Just what we needed, amirite?
          Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          New people, old arguments
          Yep.
          Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          I rarely bother posting anything nutritional science related anymore though, it gets really boring and old. I often shift interests. I used to be hardcore into technology before nutritional science, before that it was conspiracy theories... and so on and so forth.
          Those are some interesting shifts. I wonder what it will be next.

Comment

• Cabbage: pros and cons.

Comment

• Paleobird, I forgot to answer the bald question. I have seen that pic, I think back when I was fairly new to MDA. I remember thinking you looked poised to beat that shit (cancer) into the ground.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                Cabbage: pros and cons.
                Love the taste, but now know it is one cause of bloat for me. Knowing how much PB loves kale (NOT), I do have to say there is a huge difference between young, freshly picked and the old chewy stuff you find prepackaged. Regardless, it is a member of the cabbage family so it will be vanishing from my menu. I hate being bloated all the time.

Sorry, PB. You can have your journal back now.
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                  No she may not!

Because I have to yell at Finnegan's Wake for stealing MY WORD..

"SKULK" is *MINE*

But seriously, -never- have heard anyone else use it.... So, I won't put you on
                  restriction, just this once....

Okay, NOW PB can have her journal back.

HI PB!!!!

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Cabbage: pros and cons.
                    The only pro I can think of is that making stuffed cabbage without it wouldn't work very well.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Paleobird, I forgot to answer the bald question. I have seen that pic, I think back when I was fairly new to MDA. I remember thinking you looked poised to beat that shit (cancer) into the ground.

Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                    Love the taste, but now know it is one cause of bloat for me. Knowing how much PB loves kale (NOT), I do have to say there is a huge difference between young, freshly picked and the old chewy stuff you find prepackaged. Regardless, it is a member of the cabbage family so it will be vanishing from my menu. I hate being bloated all the time.

Yeah, horse fodder is definitely off my menu.

Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                    No she may not!
                    Because I have to yell at Finnegan's Wake for stealing MY WORD..
                    "SKULK" is *MINE*
                    But seriously, -never- have heard anyone else use it.... So, I won't put you on
                    restriction, just this once....
                    Okay, NOW PB can have her journal back.
                    HI PB!!!!
                    Julie
                    Hi Julie. I believe I have used the word skulk before. I actually hold the copyright on it. You are supposed to pay me a royalty every time you use it.

Comment

• DARN IT!

Well, at least we're in the same state...

And since you are older than I am, then I will have to comply.

Shoot.

Comment

• Hmmmm. Never thought of skulk as being particularly obscure; reading a book now (The Cove, by Ron Rash: I absolutely adore Rash's writing) and he (like Cormac McCarthy) always offers up some wonderful new word finds. Fyce, for a small, feisty dog; and fetch, for doppelganger. Maybe I can just be InSearchOfAbs's fetch, and allow her to skulk. We can circle a church widdershins and see if we can find Burd Ellen.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                          DARN IT!
                          Well, at least we're in the same state...
                          And since you are older than I am, then I will have to comply.
                          Shoot.
                          Yep. Pay up.

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                          Hmmmm. Never thought of skulk as being particularly obscure; reading a book now (The Cove, by Ron Rash: I absolutely adore Rash's writing) and he (like Cormac McCarthy) always offers up some wonderful new word finds. Fyce, for a small, feisty dog; and fetch, for doppelganger. Maybe I can just be InSearchOfAbs's fetch, and allow her to skulk. We can circle a church widdershins and see if we can find Burd Ellen.
                          Oooh, goody. New reading ideas. If you like these authors, I probably would as well. Thanks, FW.

Comment

• so, nice to read along.

everything is going nicely here. i'm working on my posture. it's great to work on that.

i'm also working on our second location. It's really an interesting process. i'm learning a lot about myself.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, since I do read and follow along.

Comment

• Hmmm. I like to skulk a lot too. Where do I send my cheque?....
                              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                                so, nice to read along.
                                everything is going nicely here. i'm working on my posture. it's great to work on that.
                                i'm also working on our second location. It's really an interesting process. i'm learning a lot about myself.
                                Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, since I do read and follow along.
                                Hi, Zoe. Nice to hear from you. I'm glad things are going well.

Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                                Hmmm. I like to skulk a lot too. Where do I send my cheque?....
                                No don't send money. Send kangaroo meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X