Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    I got my mammogram results back today. All clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance..............................

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, folks.
    Paleobird, just caught up on your blog to this wonderful news. Had to peer out from the lurking to say how FABULOUS that is! Congrats.
    SW: 243
    CW: 177
    Goal: Health

Comment

• Pfft, I never doubted it for a second.

WOOHOO!!!!!

I know what you mean about oncology centres. My Ma is spending every day in one getting radiotherapy at the moment.
      My Journal

Comment

• oh wow, congratulations!! Are you dancing with NED now? That's awesome. Hopefully in a few years I'm dancing with you.
        5' 9" 47 YO F
        PB start June 2, 2012
        Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
        Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

• Thank, Kerry! Lurk all you like. Or post. You're welcome either way.

Em, send your Mom my best regards and a big hug for you too. What "flavor" of cancer is she dealing with?

June68, thanks, I had to go look up NED to know what you meant but from what I saw it seemed very similar to the PB and it seems like a very sensible plan. Do you see any major differences between the two?

Comment

• OK, as promised to peril and for quelsen and canio and any of the other boys that might be lurking around here.....
            The lucky panties shot : (Hopefully this won't get moderated out.)

lucky panties.jpg

Comment

• (wolf whistle) Who is the sex goddess? I don't have any pictures like that in my journal...Yet
              Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-07-2012, 04:58 AM.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• oops, sorry. NED = No Evidence of Disease. The big 5-year all clear for cancer patients. On another site we called it NED and when you got it (the No Evidence of Disease report) we called it dancing with NED. I should have thought that it might not be universally known.

nice pants, too!
                5' 9" 47 YO F
                PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

Em, send your Mom my best regards and a big hug for you too. What "flavor" of cancer is she dealing with?
                  Thanks, I will. She has a plasmacytoma in her neck. Radiation is destroying her taste buds, salivery glands and burning the outside of her neck too. It's a bastard bloody thing, but she only has one more week to go.

Originally posted by June68 View Post
                  nice pants, too!
                  Sod the pants! Nice Arse!!
                  My Journal

Comment

OK, as promised to peril and for quelsen and canio and any of the other boys that might be lurking around here.....
                    The lucky panties shot : (Hopefully this won't get moderated out.)

[ATTACH]7762[/ATTACH]
                    so much i want to say....

let it suffice with

"tear to me eye"
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Hah. Awesome.
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by June68 View Post
                        oops, sorry. NED = No Evidence of Disease. The big 5-year all clear for cancer patients. On another site we called it NED and when you got it (the No Evidence of Disease report) we called it dancing with NED. I should have thought that it might not be universally known.

nice pants, too!
                        Thanks. Oh, I thought you were talking about Art DeVany's New Evolution Diet.

Are you doing battle with the big C too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          (wolf whistle) Who is the sex goddess? I don't have any pictures like that in my journal...Yet
                          But you will. Thanks Paula.

Comment

• Well I wouldn't say doing battle since my tumor was very, very small and surgery was all the treatment I needed. That was in late summer 2010 so while I'm still being tested bi-annually, I'm not undergoing any other medical procedures. Honestly the cure was worse than the disease had been up to that point (total hysterectomy, retained both ovaries). Still, the Big C did enter my life and at a frigging early age, too. At least it seemed that way. Now I just dread my tests and hope for the best.
                            5' 9" 47 YO F
                            PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                              ^ This
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                                Thanks, I will. She has a plasmacytoma in her neck. Radiation is destroying her taste buds, salivery glands and burning the outside of her neck too. It's a bastard bloody thing, but she only has one more week to go.

Thanks, Em.
                                Radiation is nasty stuff. I'm so glad I didn't have to go there. She is lucky to have you taking care of her.

Comment

Working...
                                X