No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday, Paleobird! And I really love a gal who isn't playing that stupid coy little game with how old one actually is, btw. Many, many healthy returns!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• ^ what she said!
      Depression Lies

Comment

• hip, hip happies to you I'm sure your birthday celebrations will be great.
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Happy birthday!

Or, as on friend of mine says, Good job winning the fallopian swim race.
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Paleobird........... and congrats on the new love interest! Sounds promising!

the new digs will be just the right way to start this new chapter - and new year of your life!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Happy Birthday! Life sounds darn good for you right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                Happy Birthday, Paleobird! And I really love a gal who isn't playing that stupid coy little game with how old one actually is, btw. Many, many healthy returns!
                I consider it an accomplishment I'm proud of, not something to be ashamed of. Nearly dying will give you that perspective shift.
                Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                ^ what she said!
                Thanks, NW. And I hope you are feeling cheerier than on the GOTD thread.
                Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                hip, hip happies to you I'm sure your birthday celebrations will be great.
                Thanks, BG.
                Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                Happy birthday!
                Or, as on friend of mine says, Good job winning the fallopian swim race.
                Hah! That's cute.
                Originally posted by tomi View Post
                Happy Birthday, Paleobird........... and congrats on the new love interest! Sounds promising!
                the new digs will be just the right way to start this new chapter - and new year of your life!
                It is promising. Even if it's just a now and then thing in between his cruises, that's fine. I'm not sure I would really want someone there all day every day.
                Originally posted by Shelli View Post
                Happy Birthday! Life sounds darn good for you right now.
                Thanks. I think so too.

Comment

• Huzzah for the Bird!! Party hard, girl.
                  I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Thanks, PB. I'm feeling better today at least .
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Happy birthday. I hope that I not only look as beautiful as you do when I get to your age (not that far off really), but also have your graciousness and willingness to both try new things and help others on their journey.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Happy Belated Birthday!
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Happy Birthday!
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Happy Birthday! Sounds like things are going well!
                            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                              Huzzah for the Bird!! Party hard, girl.
                              I plan on doing just that tonight. Last night I just had a quiet dinner by myself of two lobster tails in lots of garlic and butter.
                              Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              Thanks, PB. I'm feeling better today at least .
                              Good. I was a little worried about you there. Chin up. It's almost springtime.
                              Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                              Happy birthday. I hope that I not only look as beautiful as you do when I get to your age (not that far off really), but also have your graciousness and willingness to both try new things and help others on their journey.

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Happy Belated Birthday!
                              Thanks, Paula. I really think the EMF thread is helping to make a safe haven away from the spud pushers and the Peat-heads. Thanks for keeping that going.
                              Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              Happy Birthday!
                              Thanks, Joanie.
                              Originally posted by Kymma View Post
                              Happy Birthday! Sounds like things are going well!
                              Yes, they are. How are you doing?

Comment

• I made the yummiest coconut bread today. I rarely bake but I have this container of coconut flour taking up space on the shelf and I'm trying to use stuff up before I move so I said what the heck, if this turns out all wrong I can just toss it.

Most coconut recipes are all about sweetness but I wanted to see if it would adapt to savory as well so I made this one with sun dried tomatoes and kalamata olives.

6 eggs
                                3/4 cup C flour
                                1 level tbsp baking soda (maybe a little less next time, mine came out a bit salty)
                                1/3 cup C oil melted
                                onion powder
                                garlic powder
                                italian herbs

Mix the flour, baking soda, and spices together dry. Then add the beaten eggs, then the oil. Then add chopped up olives and sun dried tomatoes (from a jar packed in olive oil). The batter seemed a little dry so I drizzled in some of the tomato infused olive oil from the jar. You should be able to form it into a loaf with your hands like meatloaf. Bake in a foil lined loaf pan for 45 min @ 350.

I think the kalamata olives I used have a higher salt content than regular olives. Mine came out a tad salty but I think this is why. Otherwise very good. I bet this would be even better with a schmeer of mascarpone <goes to fridge> Oh yeah.

Tonight is my birthday dinner with pescatarian friends (sigh). So, I am making a huge shrimp salad with this bread on the side plus red wine and Italian gelato for dessert. I figure some lettuce now and again won't hurt me. It just seems like a waste of space on the plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X