X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So exciting!

Happy Valentine's Day, Beautiful Lady!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      So exciting!

Happy Valentine's Day, Beautiful Lady!
      Thanks, Paula. Same to you and the hubby.

Well, it's official. As of yesterday I am in escrow. From here it takes about a month. Minor details like termite inspections, etc.

Not only that but I got the top end of my asking range!!!!!!!! Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!

The other thing that has me doing the Happy Dance is that I had a checkup with my oncologist who told me that this marks five years post treatment for my breast cancer. The little celebration I had last summer was only five years post-diagnosis. Post-treatment is what evidently matters to the oncology statisticians. At this point my risk of getting cancer is, statistically speaking, almost back to that of any other person walking by.

What is really cool is now I can stop taking the hormone blocker pill. It will be interesting to see if that has any effect on my metabolism. In any case, one less pill in my life is a good thing.

Life is Gooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Awesome news all around! Congratulations on the sale & the all-clear!
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Amazing, AMAZING, news!

What a wonderful Valentine's Day!
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Wow, great news PB, Congrats!

Comment

• Yay Robin!

*eHugz*

Comment

• Congrats. Almost time to start your new/ next life!

Looking forward to see what life has in store for you next...

Comment

• Alright! This day just gets better and better. Congratulations.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Awesome news all around! Congratulations on the sale & the all-clear!
                    Thanks, NW. It's been a good week.
                    Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    Amazing, AMAZING, news!
                    What a wonderful Valentine's Day!
                    Now all I need is a valentine.
                    Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                    Wow, great news PB, Congrats!
                    Thank, Ayla. And I think you made the right decision about the diabetes meds. I wouldn't go there either.
                    Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    Yay Robin!
                    *eHugz*
                    Thanks, Goldie
                    Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                    Congrats. Almost time to start your new/ next life!
                    Looking forward to see what life has in store for you next...
                    I will be just about moved in on my 51st birthday.
                    Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                    Alright! This day just gets better and better. Congratulations.
                    Thanks, Paula. And good for you for telling that Louisa person off about the EMF thread. I added a few comments to her too. That was just rude.
                    That thread is doing a lot of good for a lot of people. If those people's opinions and experiences aren't good enough for her because they are not skinny enough yet, too bad.

Comment

• Someone had to tell her off. God knows I caught enough flak for saying something to our "EXPERT".
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• PB, glad to hear all the awesome news. Also, I think you're subliminally influencing my eating habits: I've been really meat-heavy and lower overall on veggies lately. Not that I wasn't already, but...

Comment

• Aww, Robin.

My own "valentine" is in upstate NY until next week while I'm still here in FL, and it's not even sunny!
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                            Someone had to tell her off. God knows I caught enough flak for saying something to our "EXPERT".
                            Doncha just love how someone who has never been overweight attains expert status about weight loss?

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                            PB, glad to hear all the awesome news. Also, I think you're subliminally influencing my eating habits: I've been really meat-heavy and lower overall on veggies lately. Not that I wasn't already, but...
                            Welcome to the carnivorous side. Dr. Georgia Ede refers to it as the MM (Mostly Meat) diet. I think I would call it the Things My Dog Likes Too diet. Seriously. Meat/offal, bone marrow and broth, seafood, eggs, dairy, avocado, coconut, some condiment veggies. Those are all things my dog eats. He's even fine with peppers being of Mexican origin himself.

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Aww, Robin.
                            My own "valentine" is in upstate NY until next week while I'm still here in FL, and it's not even sunny!
                            Will you be my Valentine? <bats lashes alluringly>

Comment

• That is a lot of awesome news! WTG!

I also kinda cocked my head to the side when I read louisa's post. I was like -- wait, your big weight loss was losing 15 lbs? Really? I found it offensive, and I'm like, you know, at a good weight or whatever.
                              Last edited by zoebird; 02-14-2013, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Geez that woman made me angry too. I am still shaking my head about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X