No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In addition to 50 lbs of bones, I also got a humungus leg of lamb from my CSA this month. So tonight Dad and I are having dinner with my BFF, aka Grok's Granny, and our chiropractor friend again. This is becoming a nice gathering of the fully primal folks. My chiropractor brings her fresh-out-of-the-goat goat's milk and the cheese she makes from it plus she has lots of interesting trees like figs and kumquats and a thriving vegetable garden so she always has interesting things to add to the salad.

This seem like the modern version of a hunter gatherer tribe sitting down to a meal together. Everybody brings something and everybody pitches in with the preparation while the Primal Wolf Cub stands guard and waits for scraps and The Bone. Oooo, yeah.

Comment

• I got my mammogram results back today. All clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance..............................

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, folks.

Comment

• Congratulations.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Yay!
          Steph
          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• congratulations on your "all clear!" It's the best news!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I got my mammogram results back today. All clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, folks.

I've been lurking - so happy for you!
              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Ahem, Paleobird . . . I really wanted the last post to be all about you and your good news. But now I'm being selfish in this new post . If you have time, I'd really appreciate some words of wisdom over in my journal. Have been having a bit of a struggle lately, and I'm trying to dig myself out of a hole. TIA!
                Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Thanks magicmeri, Steph, Zoe, and Jac. You guy are the best. I didn't really realize how much I was sweating that test until I saw the letter today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
                    Ahem, Paleobird . . . I really wanted the last post to be all about you and your good news. But now I'm being selfish in this new post . If you have time, I'd really appreciate some words of wisdom over in my journal. Have been having a bit of a struggle lately, and I'm trying to dig myself out of a hole. TIA!
                    Hi Jac, no problem. I'll be right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      I got my mammogram results back today. All clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dancin' with ya over here! Yay! Hugs to you: [[[[[[[[[[Paleobird]]]]]]]]]]
                      I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Great News!
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• i may need to verify personally you know....
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                            Dancin' with ya over here! Yay! Hugs to you: [[[[[[[[[[Paleobird]]]]]]]]]]
                            Thank you, Sigi.

I still have until this coming February to run on my post cancer meds (a hormone blocker). I will have one last appointment with my oncologist when that Rx runs out and then I will never again need to go near the oncology department (Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, insh'allah, etc.), That will be a serious happy dance walking away from there for the last time.

Oncology departments are really depressing places, bald puking people waiting in the lobby. I know, I used to be one of them. Ack! That seems like a lifetime ago.

It takes a special sort of person to work there. The chemo nurses I had were some of the sweetest people I have ever met. I really don't know how they manage.

It will be so nice to walk away from that and never darken that door again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Great News!
                              Hi Paula! How is my favorite sex goddess?

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                                i may need to verify personally you know....
                                time and place baby..............

Comment

Working...
                                X