Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm using up the last of the meat that was there before I just got my huge GF meat pick up up beef, lamb, and goat. So I'm having lamb shoulder shops for the second night in a row.

For the people who wanted pics, there is nothing that photogenic about chops. Tomorrow I am doing a rack of lamb. That should be photo worthy.
    It's not the pretties that interest me, it's the quantities. My feeble brain can't always gauge what people eat from lists (even lists that include weights/measures), but show me brekker, lunch and dinner plates and I understand.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      It's not the pretties that interest me, it's the quantities. My feeble brain can't always gauge what people eat from lists (even lists that include weights/measures), but show me brekker, lunch and dinner plates and I understand.
      Ah, I see what you mean. I will try to remember to photograph the kill before tearing into it when I can.

Comment

• Ah another poor person is going to get confused asking about low carb. Def not replying myself this time.

Comment

• I love reading about your journey! You've had great success; keep groking on
          Amanda

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
            Ah another poor person is going to get confused asking about low carb. Def not replying myself this time.
            Remember to breathe...........

Originally posted by bamabelle View Post
            I love reading about your journey! You've had great success; keep groking on
            Amanda
            Thanks Amanda and welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Remember to breathe...........

Thanks Amanda and welcome.
              LOL all good, was over it pretty quick. Doesn't matter anymore
              What delicious meat did you eat today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                LOL all good, was over it pretty quick. Doesn't matter anymore
                What delicious meat did you eat today?
                There is a rack of lamb in the oven. Will try to get pics.

Comment

• I took some nice pics of the lamb rack (which was yuuuuummmy) but, for some unknown reason, my computer does not want to upload the files.

I don't know if it's the MDA server having a problem or my computer.

Comment

• mmm rack of lamb, drooool!

Comment

• I'm having bone marrow for dinner.

I had pemmican and a chunk of cheese for lunch.

Plus coconut cream in my rooibos.

Ketosis anyone?

Comment

• I need to get some bone marrow to try.
                        Do I ask my butcher for a specific bone?
                        Or just ask for marrow, and they will give me the right stuff?

Comment

• Ask specifically for "marrow bones" as opposed to soup bones. These are usually the big leg bones. If you ask nicely, the butcher will slice them into rounds for you so that it will be east to get at the marrow.

The bones I have are only sliced once across so I will have to use a long spoon to get at some of it or smash them with a rock Grok style.

Comment

• Oh great, will do that next time I am there.
                            Just roast it right?
                            I did see a big leg bone in the beef cabinet, they were selling as a dog bone, too big for my little dogs lol

Comment

• you know what is really cool about making bone broth? you can grind the bones up and it's much easier on the worm bin.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                                you know what is really cool about making bone broth? you can grind the bones up and it's much easier on the worm bin.
                                Nah! What really cool about making bone broth is the bones get soft enough for the dog to munch through.

The Wolf Cub still can't get his little jaws around the big bones but the neighbors across the street have just gotten a yellow lab who definitely can. It's fun, we have been doing doggie play dates, going for walks with the hounds. The lab is bigger than The Wolf Cub but still a juvenile growing into her paws. The neighbor appreciates that my dog is sort of teaching their dog proper leash behavior (no pulling, waiting before crossing streets). There also had been a little barking back and forth across the street which has stopped since we have gone on walks together. I guess they see each other as packmates now.

One of the things I would miss about living anywhere else is that I have really nice neighbors. There is a feeling of community. The neighbor I walk dogs with is trying to talk me out of selling my house.

Comment

Working...
                                X