Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So, after finally catching up after my holiday --w hich, for all of my stressing over it was actually really nice -- i have come back to say that you are of course right.

    This WOE has made a HUGE difference in our mental health. We both have far less anxiety, body issues, etc. It's amazing.

    Looking at the old holiday pictures now. I think we are looking to get a plot of land here, and plunk down an off-grid one of these. Love the region so much. We could holiday there, rent it out to others. . . wonderful!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      omg. If the person I'm not thinking of ever runs for President and actually has a shot at it, I'm going to have one of my fillings pulled out and have a poison pill put in.
      I think I'll move to New Zealand...............

      Originally posted by zoebird View Post
      So, after finally catching up after my holiday --w hich, for all of my stressing over it was actually really nice -- i have come back to say that you are of course right.

      This WOE has made a HUGE difference in our mental health. We both have far less anxiety, body issues, etc. It's amazing.

      Looking at the old holiday pictures now. I think we are looking to get a plot of land here, and plunk down an off-grid one of these. Love the region so much. We could holiday there, rent it out to others. . . wonderful!
      ..............And buy one of those^^^^^^ That looks awesome!!

      I would like to actually stand inside a finished one when the wind is blowing and it's raining to actually see/feel if there is any leakage around the folding spots before buying. I love the modern style of it.

      I'm so glad this WOE seems to be helping in the calm, cool and collected mind department and that your holiday turned out well.

      Cori and I can both testify to the neurological benefits of it as can several Aspies around here. But, you don't have to have "a condition" to benefit from it.
      Last edited by Paleobird; 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM.

      Comment


      • I think that low-fat makes you anxious and possibly paranoid, and that some people are more prone to it than others. I do believe in GAPS, but I also think the brain functions better on fat somehow.

        Anyway. . . I just paid my bi-monthly taxes and now I'm mad at the yoga teachers who are on welfare because they are too lazy to actually work.

        Comment


        • Oh, and apparently NZ is #1 for Freedom.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by zoebird View Post
            I think that low-fat makes you anxious and possibly paranoid, and that some people are more prone to it than others. I do believe in GAPS, but I also think the brain functions better on fat somehow.

            Anyway. . . I just paid my bi-monthly taxes and now I'm mad at the yoga teachers who are on welfare because they are too lazy to actually work.
            oh yes! Agree with that.

            Comment


            • Anyway. . . I just paid my bi-monthly taxes and now I'm mad at the yoga teachers who are on welfare because they are too lazy to actually work.
              the benefit in this country pays less than subsistence. i wouldnt sweat it as it is not a life i would choose and they arent depriving me doing it. i pay alot of tax too.

              Comment


              • seaweed: true, but it still irks me sometimes. I think i get tired of the "pity me" language, when, you know, I work 60 hr work weeks to support myself and my family.

                Comment


                • I think i get tired of the "pity me" language, when, you know, I work 60 hr work weeks to support myself and my family.
                  yeah but truly it is their problem. i work freaking hard too but what they do is not about how hard i work. i get to live my life and i realise how lucky i am to be able to. i also know how little money they get and see skinny kids with dark circles around their eyes growing up on pot noodles for dinner while their mothers spend $50/week on food but still have cigarettes and cans of bourbon and cola. i actually think it is a very sad situation indeed. there are also alot worse scabs in this country who cost the govt far more money.

                  Comment


                  • Different situation. I do feel bad for those people because they apparently don't know how to spend their money or what have you.

                    But, I do not feel sorry for educated, middle class people who spend the money on a "yoga lifestyle" which is marketed. The "lifestyle" marketed by most yoga magazines is one where you go on retreats, take workshops and classes, and in between practice yoga, get together and do kirtans (singing), write about yoga, and go through a series of chai dates or vegetarian pot lucks.

                    These folks CAN work -- and have often worked in the past -- but simply want to "live the lifestyle" of what they perceive the lifestyle of a yoga teacher to be. And, they over-value what they -- as a yoga teacher -- are worth time-wise.

                    So, because they can't get their businesses up and running, they demonstrate to WINZ that they are trying, and then they get their stipend.

                    They live a nice lifestyle. Average work (in classroom) 7 hrs or less per week, and spend the rest of the time "being" or "living" their yoga. On my dime no less.

                    Then have the audacity to tell me how problematic I am.

                    Comment


                    • the yoga lifestyle is marketed to upper-middle class women -- largely women who do not work. I know these women. And yes, they can be bothersome in their own way, but *I'm* not funding their lifestyle, you know?

                      Comment


                      • They live a nice lifestyle. Average work (in classroom) 7 hrs or less per week, and spend the rest of the time "being" or "living" their yoga. On my dime no less.
                        lmao i would avoid people like that like the plague. and they are on my dollar as i pay taxes too. i still dont sweat it since it is something i cannot change. and also you still get to be here and following that logic virtually everyone CAN work. and once you go down that slippery slope it gets very mucky indeed.

                        Comment


                        • Well, I do my best.

                          Honestly, most of the folks are really great and hard working and all of that stuff. Just every once in a while, one or two get under my skin a bit. My main thing is to pull them from my facebook newsfeed. Then I don't have to read about it all. LOL

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                            I think that low-fat makes you anxious and possibly paranoid, and that some people are more prone to it than others. I do believe in GAPS, but I also think the brain functions better on fat somehow.

                            Anyway. . . I just paid my bi-monthly taxes and now I'm mad at the yoga teachers who are on welfare because they are too lazy to actually work.
                            Eat some more fat and calm down, Zoe

                            Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                            seaweed: true, but it still irks me sometimes. I think i get tired of the "pity me" language, when, you know, I work 60 hr work weeks to support myself and my family.
                            Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            yeah but truly it is their problem. i work freaking hard too but what they do is not about how hard i work. i get to live my life and i realise how lucky i am to be able to.
                            You're both right but in the end, is it worth the cortisol bump?

                            Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                            But, I do not feel sorry for educated, middle class people who spend the money on a "yoga lifestyle" which is marketed. The "lifestyle" marketed by most yoga magazines is one where you go on retreats, take workshops and classes, and in between practice yoga, get together and do kirtans (singing), write about yoga, and go through a series of chai dates or vegetarian pot lucks.
                            I've never heard of a "yoga lifestyle" before. Sounds delightful except for the bit about the pots lucks being veg.

                            Comment


                            • Anybody taken a peak at my thread about carnivorousness on the Nutrition board yet? I finished off the last of my veggies last night in a soup. Now the only plant matter left in the house is condiment things like salsa and coconut products.

                              Comment


                              • I saw it, and I think its going to get crazy in there soon LOL.
                                I still have veg in my house for the rest of my family. But most of the time I just don't feel like it. I did crave avocado today (made into guacamole with sour cream) on bacon of course, and damn it was good!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X