No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you'll need to get/make a distiller, then, so you can use dirty/sea water to make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
      you'll need to get/make a distiller, then, so you can use dirty/sea water to make it.
      Good idea. In my camping gear I have the purification tablets and a water filtration container that claims to make any water safe to drink (REI find).

The weather has finally cleared up the last couple of days. Yesterday I got out with the Wolf Cub for a nice long walk which wandered by the farmers market where I just couldn't stop myself from buying some sheep cheeses, pastured eggs and some of that green veggie blend stuff. (I only bought the green drink because the young man selling it was so adorable. Bad cougar. I know.)
      Still doing my best to eat through my pantry stocks.

In mid January I am going to be getting 1/4 cow+1/2 goat+1/2 lamb from this local farm that sells all grass fed/finished and halal processed. I am going in splits with the MDA poster known as "Him" whose parents live in this area so he is buying this for them as a Primal holiday gift. He is slowly talking his folks on board with the Primal woe and hoping this will help.

Comment

• Bad Cougars are the best kind...Have I ever told you about the hot groundskeeper at my school who makes eyes at me? He is 29 and just a beautiful specimen of young manhood. Alas, we are both married and so it is a flirtation only situation.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          Bad Cougars are the best kind...Have I ever told you about the hot groundskeeper at my school who makes eyes at me? He is 29 and just a beautiful specimen of young manhood. Alas, we are both married and so it is a flirtation only situation.
          Rawwwwrrrrr!

BTW, Paula. I read about your run in with an embolism on the new thread you started. I'm so glad that you are OK.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm glad that Paula is ok too!

Also, i think that every young man needs a cougar in his life. At least once. Though, unfortunately, I trapped mine before he had the chance at it -- poor fellow. He missed out on that one.

Immigration refused to take our paperwork today, on account of the fact that the office was "closed for the christmas do (party)." And I thought "that is the dumbest, most un-american thing I've ever heard. So I pouted.

Still, at least it's all done and on 7 January, we can go and make the delivery with the complete application, because I ordered the birth certificates yesterday and they said that the certificates will arrive on the 31st or 2nd. Because Americans don't let "christmas do's" get in the way of paperwork. Duh. LOL

It's been so nice and sunny recently, just awesome. And I've made $2000 in pre-sales for cards heading into January. Totally psyched about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Rawwwwrrrrr!

BTW, Paula. I read about your run in with an embolism on the new thread you started. I'm so glad that you are OK.
              Thanks. I'm incredibly grateful as well. You know as well as anyone how facing death can change the way you live your life afterwards. Cougar on sister!
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Aren't men grossed out by cougars? I thought that was the general reaction, but what do I know. I've never cougared anybody.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Depends on the man. I know some young guys who love cougars.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Well, If you watch Extreme Cougar Wives, you might think so. Those women have 30-40 years on their men. I have 16 years on my flirtation, but he seems to like me just fine. I don't become a real Cougar unless I actually touch him, though and that is NOT going to happen.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                      Also, i think that every young man needs a cougar in his life. At least once.
                      Indeed. We have to teach those youngsters how to do it right.
                      Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      Aren't men grossed out by cougars? I thought that was the general reaction, but what do I know. I've never cougared anybody.
                      Originally posted by Owly View Post
                      Depends on the man. I know some young guys who love cougars.
                      Also depends on the woman. If she is falling apart physically but still thinking she has something to offer to a young stud, nah, that is just pathetic. If she is still an attractive woman however, that's different.
                      Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Well, If you watch Extreme Cougar Wives, you might think so. Those women have 30-40 years on their men. I have 16 years on my flirtation, but he seems to like me just fine. I don't become a real Cougar unless I actually touch him, though and that is NOT going to happen.
                      The only time I really cougared someone was a gorgeous young Irishman of 28 when I was about 48. That was fun. It was a vacation thing and never meant to last but it certainly improved my experience of New Orleans.

There was an episode of Two and a Half Men where both of the brothers get cougared by the same woman (played wonderfully by Cloris Leachman). Talking about their separate experiences with her later the brothers both agree that she "knew things".

Comment

• my husband has always loved "hot older women." This meant (in his 20s) any woman over 50. Now it goes as high as 75, when he looks at some of those paleo hotties.

He says it's a combination of taking care of herself, really good looks, and self possession (as well as being fashionable) that makes the difference for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post

Also depends on the woman. If she is falling apart physically but still thinking she has something to offer to a young stud, nah, that is just pathetic. If she is still an attractive woman however, that's different.

There was an episode of Two and a Half Men where both of the brothers get cougared by the same woman (played wonderfully by Cloris Leachman). Talking about their separate experiences with her later the brothers both agree that she "knew things".
                          Although I am certain guys like an attractive lady, I always thought the point of being a cougar was not your physical beauty, but your experience. It takes a while, after all, to learn enough to 'know things'. One might be 'falling apart' but still have plenty to offer in terms of knowledge and confidence. All cats are grey in the dark, but only some of them can do somersaults(metaphorically speaking, although, well.....).

Comment

• Now if I could only know all the things I know now plus have a 16 year old body, I would be unstoppable.

Youth, as they say, is wasted on the young.
                            Last edited by Paleobird; 12-23-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Amen.
                              If I were in my 20's again with this level of self confidence, I would go to NYC and be a star on Broadway.
                              Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-23-2012, 04:08 AM.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Oh, in my case there was no lack of self confidence in my 20's. I was just talking about the purely bedroom sense of the word. With what I know now, about myself plus about men, plus a young hot body I would be unstoppable.

So, I guess the next best thing is having all that knowledge plus an older slightly scarred and beat up but still fairly hot body.

(Classic sports cars may take a little more maintenance, but they can still race.)

Comment

Working...
                                X