No announcement yet.

Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, sounds like you do need a freezer chest! LOL we're considering one too.

I am feeling better today. I'm able to keep passionfruit ice cream (which is passion fruit, avocado, and banana all whirled together) down, and water and peppermint tea down, so that is much happiness. I might even eat eggs later today.

how are your workouts going? i finally got my left lat rehabbed enough to work on chins and one-armed chins again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      I have a serious First World Primal problem. I asked my meat CSA to save all the marrow bones they could muster for me. In past months this has been couple of pounds each time. This time they notified me that there is 50 pounds worth there and that they will give me a discount on my other purchase if I will take all of them. They are too yummy to pass up and evidently no one else wants them but me.

OMG. Where am I going to put 50 pounds of marrow bones? I need to buy a freezer chest.
      I can help with that.
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
        yes, sounds like you do need a freezer chest! LOL we're considering one too.

I am feeling better today. I'm able to keep passionfruit ice cream (which is passion fruit, avocado, and banana all whirled together) down, and water and peppermint tea down, so that is much happiness. I might even eat eggs later today.

how are your workouts going? i finally got my left lat rehabbed enough to work on chins and one-armed chins again.
        I'm glad you're feeling better. That passionfruit ice cream sounds delightful.

I have really been slacking on my workouts lately but I've been losing weight quite rapidly. I'm down to 153 with 145 as the goal. Maybe I will concentrate on getting the weight off first and then workout more. I don't think I'll ever do one armed chins but I'll try for the two armed kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
          I can help with that.
          My marrow bones <slaps your hand> Get your own.

Comment

• I know that, for myself, movement is key. if i eat the same way that i do right now, and don't get as much movement as i need, then i get pudgers. But if i do, then I don't get pudgers. And honestly, even if I eat terribly - and i mean well off primal -- if i'm not moving, i get pudgers. but if i am moving, then no worries.

It's why I always bring it up. LOL Who knows if it makes a difference for anyone else.

But hey only 8 lbs to go! you'll get that off in no time for sure.

Comment

I know that, for myself, movement is key. if i eat the same way that i do right now, and don't get as much movement as i need, then i get pudgers. But if i do, then I don't get pudgers. And honestly, even if I eat terribly - and i mean well off primal -- if i'm not moving, i get pudgers. but if i am moving, then no worries.

It's why I always bring it up. LOL Who knows if it makes a difference for anyone else.

But hey only 8 lbs to go! you'll get that off in no time for sure.
              What I am trying to do these days since I started cooking for my Dad is to do a couple of LHT's a week and I've been running sprints in the street which goes uphill rather steeply. Both good exercises that don't take me away from home for a whole day like some of my epic hikes.

I do think that it is important to keep moving even if it isn't a hard workout. Between my house and my Dad's there are five levels that stairstep up the side of the canyon. So just moving around here is like a stairmaster machine.

Comment

• That sounds like good stuff. What I love about primal is that it's so simple. You just add a few things in that are easy as can be, and things start happening.

Sounds like a lot of work-out to me.

Though, no doubt the puppy is like "what happened to our hikes?"

Comment

• I think I have perfected pate by simplifying it.

My Jewish great grandma BFF who taught me how to make pate always put eggs it it so i always thought they were an essential component of the mix. Nope. I think they were just a depression era means of stretching a batch to feed more people.

This latest batch I made was just liver, butter, cream, and seasonings and it is sooooo good.

Almost 3 lbs grass fed beef liver (drained of excess moisture, sliced about 1/2inch thick)
                  1 stick Kerrygold Garlic herb butter (7tbs)
                  about 3oz raw cream
                  more italian seasoning mix
                  a dash of garlic salt.

Cook liver in butter.
                  Add cream and spices while blending with a hand blender.
                  makes 8 little tupperware cups (each of which is perfect for a breakfast or lunch for me)

The next time I am going to put the whole kit and the kabootle too in the VitaMix and see if I can get it a bit smoother. There are just a few little stringy bits I am running across once in a while but the Wolf Cub doesn't mind if I throw those on the floor.

Comment

• I have just had my 5 years post cancer check up with my oncologist and a mammogram. I have a few days here of nail biting while waiting for the results to come back. Five years is the point at which the doctors all take a collective sigh of relief because statistically the first five years are when most recurrences happen. If you make it through that you are almost, statistically speaking, back to normal.

Any and all well wishes, positive energies, crossed fingers, or prayers to the deity of your choice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I have just had my 5 years post cancer check up with my oncologist and a mammogram. I have a few days here of nail biting while waiting for the results to come back. Five years is the point at which the doctors all take a collective sigh of relief because statistically the first five years are when most recurrences happen. If you make it through that you are almost, statistically speaking, back to normal.

Any and all well wishes, positive energies, crossed fingers, or prayers to the deity of your choice would be greatly appreciated.
                      All that and then some. F*ck cancer.
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
                        All that and then some. F*ck cancer.
                        Thank you, Steph. Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact I have some cute little black panties that say exactly that across the behind in pink letters. I bought them for a breast cancer fundraiser thing. At the time they were way too small to fit my size 16 behind but they might just fit now. I'll have to dig those up.
                        Last edited by Paleobird; 06-01-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• I hope that all of the tests come back excellent and that all is well. It is a nail-biting time, for sure.

the pate sounds yummy. if only liver were more affordable here. hmm.

Comment

• Don your lucky undies and think positive thoughts.

Everything WILL be fine, we all know it. You kicked cancer's arse and it will not DARE to make another appearance!

Oh yeah, the pate sounds awesome. Add a few strips of bacon and some sherry to that recipe and it's how I make it.
                            My Journal

Comment

All of the above - done! May you receive the best of news very soon.
                              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

I hope that all of the tests come back excellent and that all is well. It is a nail-biting time, for sure.

the pate sounds yummy. if only liver were more affordable here. hmm.
                                Thank you Zoe. I wonder why liver is expensive where you are. Here it is cheap compared to other meats. Maybe people in NZ are just more enlightened.

Comment

Working...
                                X