Paleobird's Next Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *hugs*

The holidays will be hard. I know I'm more than a bit worried about my mom this Christmas, since my grandfather died on Christmas Day last year.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Hi Paleobird, I've been following along quietly, these past couple of months and I wanted to express my condolences as well. Your situation with your Dad was so like mine was with my Mom at the end. I am heartily sorry for your loss.

Your journal speaks so eloquently of the love you felt for him, and the grace with which you all eased his passing.

What a beautiful way to transition into whatever is next!
      Height: 5' 10"
      Starting Weight: 292
      Starting Primal Weight: 275
      Current weight: 224
      Goal weight: 172
      Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Sending love and thoughts. I'm so glad for you both that it was a dignified and peaceful parting.
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I'm so glad all was peaceful and that you got to take care of him until the end - the ways you have always talked about. We should all be so lucky to have great kids like you! Take some time and take care of yourself now.

Comment

• My sincerest condolences. The passing of our parents is a painful stage in the journey of life but the beutiful memories of the years gone by will stay with you forever.
            Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
            Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

• Robin, its been a privilege to read your blog over the past few weeks. I very much admire the way you've handled your circumstance and your relationship with your father has been very life affirming. My condolences for your loss, which is clearly great, and wishes that your clear strength will carry you through
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

• I am very saddened to hear this news, but am glad to hear that you were by your Dad's side as he passed away so peacefully. RIP.
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Such a beautiful tribute you wrote to your father! My two words to describe Paleobird would be "strength and grace". Many warm hugs and admonishments to care for yourself,

from Shelli.

Comment

• Robin, my thoughts are with you and your sister.

Comment

• Hugs, hugs, and more hugs, Paleobird. You both did this so beautifully, if a passing can be said to be so. As you are your father's daughter, he will always be with you, as he is truly a part of you.
                      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• condolences Robin
                        link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, Robin. Warm hugs to you and yours. I'm wishing your dear Dad a happy journey to wherever he's off to next. You've been such a wonderful daughter - now it's time to take good, loving care of yourself too.
                          xoxo
                          I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I am very sorry for your loss, but also very thankful that his death was good -- peaceful, quiet, and quick. I like how you describe it as "efficient."

I feared on his behalf -- based on your descriptions of him -- that he would linger in this state of dementia for a long time. It happens to a lot of people, even if they do not wish for it. I know that your father would never have wanted to burden you with such an experience, and I'm thankful that he was able to die as well as he lived, in accordance with all of his values.

And so comes another bardo for you. Remember that this time and space is sacred. We will continue to hold you in our thoughts.

Comment

• I'm so sorry Robin, much love to you. Xxxx
                              My Journal

Comment

• My condolences, Paleobird. I'm so glad you could be with him through all this, and that he died peacefully. Thinking and praying for you and your sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X