I'll dump my stuff here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll dump my stuff here

Last edited by Gadsie; 10-24-2012, 06:10 AM.
    well then

well then

Comment

Sounds awesome. My main suggestion would be to incorporate some sweet potato in there somewhere for vit A, and perhaps a few more veg to supply a greater variety of micronutrients, but other than that, it's all looking good . Very pleased to hear that your parents appreciated your cooking this evening.
      Last edited by paleo-bunny; 05-06-2012, 10:30 AM. Reason: typo
      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
        Sounds awesome. My main suggestion would be to incorporate some sweet potato in there somewhere for vit A, and perhaps a few more veg to supply a greater variety of micronutrients, but other than that, it's all looking good . Very pleased to hear that your parents appreciated your cooking this evening.
        well then

Comment

Hi, Gadsie, we've not interacted on the Forums... I'm only 2 month Primal... but I wanted to say how great your day looked and how fabulous you're cooking a lot for your parents. You seem like a wonderful son and good guy in your own rights. Keep eating well like that! It great seeing that you're not stinting yourself on food and truly loosening up a bit on yourself!

Yay!
          SW: 243
          CW: 177
          Goal: Health

Comment

Originally posted by KerryK View Post
            Hi, Gadsie, we've not interacted on the Forums... I'm only 2 month Primal... but I wanted to say how great your day looked and how fabulous you're cooking a lot for your parents. You seem like a wonderful son and good guy in your own rights. Keep eating well like that! It great seeing that you're not stinting yourself on food and truly loosening up a bit on yourself!

Yay!
            Thanks a lot! So do you have any goals that you're trying to acomplish by a primal diet? do you have a journal?
            well then

Comment

I have tons of goals and haven't started a journal yet. I'm a bit on the shy/don't 'air your dirty linen in public' type and also kind of overwhelmed at the intelligent, funny, and clever writers on these forums. I really should start a journal even if to share my experiences in the hope they may help someone the way other journals and threads have helped me so much.

My main goal is to get healthy and fit so my 9 year old son and I can hike and bike for longer than the mere 30/40 minutes I last before huffing and puffing... and so he doesn't have to take care of me when I get old and see me deteriorate like I recently went through with my Mom. On the way, I know I'll re-kindle a joy of life and discover all sorts of athletic stuff I want to try but just can't physically right now. He and I are saving up for loads of things like para-sailing (and that's the tip of the iceberg).

If you could do something challenging or daring this summer, what would it be?
              SW: 243
              CW: 177
              Goal: Health

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                By the way, I feel so much happier now that I loosened up on the food (how much and what I can eat). I just feel so much more freedom and I don't think about food so much anymore. Because of this I started enjoying so much more things in life and I hang out much more with friends like I used to . I still think about food pretty often but only in positive ways which I enjoy for example what kind of delicious meal I'm gonna cook tomorrow. and not in ways like restricting etc.
                Well done Gadfly!

Comment

"A gadfly is a person who upsets the status quo by posing upsetting or novel questions, or just being irritant."

Nice wordplay I must say
                  well then

Comment

"A gadfly is a person who upsets the status quo by posing upsetting or novel questions, or just being irritant."

Nice wordplay I must say
                    It is also literally a fly that zooms round and round a horse's head, gadding it. To gad is basically to bother harmlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by KerryK View Post
                      I have tons of goals and haven't started a journal yet. I'm a bit on the shy/don't 'air your dirty linen in public' type and also kind of overwhelmed at the intelligent, funny, and clever writers on these forums. I really should start a journal even if to share my experiences in the hope they may help someone the way other journals and threads have helped me so much.

My main goal is to get healthy and fit so my 9 year old son and I can hike and bike for longer than the mere 30/40 minutes I last before huffing and puffing... and so he doesn't have to take care of me when I get old and see me deteriorate like I recently went through with my Mom. On the way, I know I'll re-kindle a joy of life and discover all sorts of athletic stuff I want to try but just can't physically right now. He and I are saving up for loads of things like para-sailing (and that's the tip of the iceberg).

If you could do something challenging or daring this summer, what would it be?
                      Last edited by Gadsie; 10-24-2012, 06:11 AM.
                      well then

Comment

Originally posted by billp View Post
                        It is also literally a fly that zooms round and round a horse's head, gadding it. To gad is basically to bother harmlessly.
                        So you must be glad I moved to the journal section! Everybody happy!
                        well then

Comment

Originally posted by billp View Post
                          To gad is basically to bother harmlessly.
                          I'm wrong. Dictionary says:
                          verb (used without object)
                          1. to move restlessly or aimlessly from one place to another: to gad about.
                          noun
                          2. the act of gadding.

Comment

So you must be glad I moved to the journal section! Everybody happy!
                            For maximum entertainment value I think you should carry on posting the same teenage rants as before, but just put them all here. I wouldn't bother listing everything you like everyone else does. There are lots like that already.

Comment

We learn new things everyday
                              well then

Comment

Working...
                              X