No announcement yet.

I'll dump my stuff here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you could make your own yogurt, though it's hard to make the greek at home (takes a lot of time/experience to get it right).

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
      you could make your own yogurt, though it's hard to make the greek at home (takes a lot of time/experience to get it right).
      What is this? I see it happen pretty often. A random post of a thread gets posted again. Is it just you trolling or is it a bug in the forum?
      well then

Comment

• I only see it posted once, so I have no idea. I don't recall saying that you could make your own yogurt before.

it's in response to wanting to go plastic-free. If you can buy milk (whole) in glass bottles, and get a yogurt starter, there are lots of youtube videos that can show you how to make your own yogurt.

Though, as I said, it's more difficult to make the greek (and even harder to make the icelandic).

Comment

I only see it posted once, so I have no idea. I don't recall saying that you could make your own yogurt before.

it's in response to wanting to go plastic-free. If you can buy milk (whole) in glass bottles, and get a yogurt starter, there are lots of youtube videos that can show you how to make your own yogurt.

Though, as I said, it's more difficult to make the greek (and even harder to make the icelandic).
          Oh I'm sorry I only see it posted once as well. But a couple of pages back there is somebody talking about making greek yogurt as well so I thought it got posted again.

But I think I might try that that way I can eat raw greek yogurt because I can just buy raw milk
          well then

Comment

• Bam. 6300 calories. That's together with 5-6 hours of walking/cycling though. Feel perfect, not hungry, not too full
            well then

Comment

• nice. glad you found a medium.

Comment

nice. glad you found a medium.
                Yeah me too though sometimes I still go to bed either hungry or nauseated
                well then

Comment

• School trip tomorrow, meaning I can't eat (healthy) between 8 am and 8 pm. So I stocked up on a lot of meat and eggs and cheese. I'll have a breakfast of 0.5 kg beef, 5 eggs, and goat cheese. And the same amount for dinner. I also got coconut milk, greek yogurt, macadamias and chocolate just in case..
                  well then

Comment

• Gadsie, I was reading over the last few pages of your journal, and I'm impressed by your dedication to being healthy!

A couple things came to my mind when I was reading. First, sometimes you sound discouraged about gaining muscle and strength. I have a now grown son who felt the same way, but from what I saw with him and his friends (who hung out at our house a lot), the majority of muscle growth in teen boys occurs toward the end of puberty. From what I've read, you're now about 6'2", 135 pounds, and you sound exactly like my son at the same age. My son is now 33 years old, still 6'2", and weighs about 170, all of it lean muscle. So don't despair, just be patient. I know being patient is hard for everyone, but especially for teenagers!

Secondly, about your hunger: this is completely normal. Don't worry when hunger drives you to eat what you think is "too" much. Teenage hormones fluctuate like crazy; those hormones guide your muscle growth and your hunger. If you keep eating as healthy as you are, you have no worries! If you think your 6-pack is losing definition, it could be water (especially if you ate more carbs than usual the day before) or it could be a little fat that your body is storing to fuel an upcoming muscle growth spurt.

You're doing great! Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                      Gadsie, I was reading over the last few pages of your journal, and I'm impressed by your dedication to being healthy!

A couple things came to my mind when I was reading. First, sometimes you sound discouraged about gaining muscle and strength. I have a now grown son who felt the same way, but from what I saw with him and his friends (who hung out at our house a lot), the majority of muscle growth in teen boys occurs toward the end of puberty. From what I've read, you're now about 6'2", 135 pounds, and you sound exactly like my son at the same age. My son is now 33 years old, still 6'2", and weighs about 170, all of it lean muscle. So don't despair, just be patient. I know being patient is hard for everyone, but especially for teenagers!

Secondly, about your hunger: this is completely normal. Don't worry when hunger drives you to eat what you think is "too" much. Teenage hormones fluctuate like crazy; those hormones guide your muscle growth and your hunger. If you keep eating as healthy as you are, you have no worries! If you think your 6-pack is losing definition, it could be water (especially if you ate more carbs than usual the day before) or it could be a little fat that your body is storing to fuel an upcoming muscle growth spurt.

You're doing great! Keep it up!
                      Thanks for your post I think I'm just one of those guys who doesn't gain fat or muscle very fast. But in 3 months I still managed to add about 15kg to my deadlift and squat etc. And I'm no longer 135 lbs, I'm a little over 140. I think I gained both fat and muscle, but according to a skinfold caliper and various calculators I'm at about 4% bodyfat so gaining a little fat won't hurt I think
                      well then

Comment

• Of all the friends I have, there is only 1 who fully accepts/understands how I eat. He's pretty awesome. I once told him "yo man, I'm cutting the wheat and sugar" and he just said "alright" and eversince he never asks me whether I would like some cake or anything and he doesn't make everything awkward. Unlike a lot of other people who constantly try to make me eat crap
                        well then

Comment

• Nauseous again. I'm getting used to it. There are a couple of reasons I can think of

1. Eating after dinner. I never seem to be nauseous during the day no matter how big my breakfast/lunch is, only when I eat something after dinner

2. Eating too much in general. I've been eating 6000 calories a dag for a while and feeling fine. But maybe my body doesn't need so much anymore. Today I ate 5000, but yet nauseous again.

3. A certain food. IF the nausea is caused by a certain type of food, I'm pretty sure it's yogurt or nuts.

4. My "digestive system" needs a break to rest.

So here's what I'm going to do:
                          I will not eat after dinner anymore. If I'm not nauseous anymore, great, problem solved. If I am however still nauseous, I will cut down my food intake a little everyday to see if I stop feeling nauseous. But I will not go below 3000 calories because this would leave me starving. If I am still nausous after this, I will stop eating nuts but CONTINUE to eat yogurt. If I am still nauseous. I will eat nuts again but STOP eating yogurt. If I'm still nauseous, I will give my body a break from
                          digesting for 24 hours. If it turns out that the 24 hour fast helps, I will assume my body needs more rest from digesting overall and I will start IF'ing with 2 meals a day so I tax my body as little as possible

I'm like 95% sure I will solve the problem with this experiment.
                          well then

Comment

• Just finishe a small ass breakfast (for me, 600 calories or so) and I can't eat in 9 hours..
                            well then

Comment

• I'm at a german island with school. I am bored and starving but literally the ONLY food available is "brötchen". This is very hard to keep up but until I'm home I'll just keep eminem's lyrics in my mind
                              "sometimes you feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and pull that shit out of you, and get that, motivation to not give up, an not be a quitter, no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face"

6 more hours to go
                              well then

Comment

• At the end of the day the hunger was STRONG. I was extremely close to giving in to fries and bread since it was all that was available. But I didn't, got home, and had me a lot of beef, veggies, yogurt, fruit, cheese and more beef. I feel proud for staying strong
                                well then

Comment

Working...
                                X