No announcement yet.

I'll dump my stuff here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. They are too easy to overeat due to their caloric density and failure to satiate - for healthy adults at body weight looking to maintain. For teens like you, massive daily quantities of raw, organic sprouted almonds are a fine prescription for good muscle gains and overall growth. You'll know when you've overdone it. But I've seen pictures of you. You're just bones. You could probably eat a jar of almond butter every day for six months and experience no negative effects. It's chronic, decades-long over-consumption of baked and otherwise oxidized oils that will hurt you. At your age, I ate bag after bag after bag of peanuts. And I'm glad I did. I needed every calorie!
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      Agreed. They are too easy to overeat due to their caloric density and failure to satiate - for healthy adults at body weight looking to maintain. For teens like you, massive daily quantities of raw, organic sprouted almonds are a fine prescription for good muscle gains and overall growth. You'll know when you've overdone it. But I've seen pictures of you. You're just bones. You could probably eat a jar of almond butter every day for six months and experience no negative effects. It's chronic, decades-long over-consumption of baked and otherwise oxidized oils that will hurt you. At your age, I ate bag after bag after bag of peanuts. And I'm glad I did. I needed every calorie!
      Alright thank you for making me buy a bag of macadamias tomorrow and feel good about it . But wait, nuts become bad when they're heated etc. Sowhat about store bought nuts? I usually buy regular macadamias, it doesn't say how they're prepared. The ingredients are macadamia nuts and salt. But they could be roasted or whatever.. is that an issue?
      well then

Comment

• Yes, it is an issue if you eat them regularly. Check your local hippie stores for raw, sprouted or soaked nuts.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Yes, it is an issue if you eat them regularly. Check your local hippie stores for raw, sprouted or soaked nuts.
          So I can eat raw macadamias quite regularely? every friday there's a stall in my town which sells nuts, raw and roasted. So I'd be better of buying them. I do like them salted though, and the guy in the stall can salt them for me BUT (and this is ehere my orthorexia comes in ) I'm afraid there's a bunch of other crap in their salt.
          well then

Comment

• Raw beats roasted. Just try to eat them alone so they don't bind to minerals in your meal.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Raw beats roasted. Just try to eat them alone so they don't bind to minerals in your meal.
              You mean due to the phytic acid?
              well then

Comment

• Yeah, but it mostly affects only the nuts' own minerals. Not too big of a deal if you get your meat and veggies later on in the day.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Man I really need to buy some good quality cheese otherwise I end up losing control
                  And eating my parents' crap cheese
                  well then

Comment

• I was craving cheese and nuts after breakfast, we didn't have any of those so I decided to eat some coconut oil because I was probably craving fat. But it didn't satisfy the craving at all. Eventually I ate a chocolate bar.. It definitely satisfied the craving. I'm really interested in cravings, I think they're weird. Is your body actually needing something or is it just some "I want junk food" craving
                    well then

Comment

• I'm sick of this nausea. I think I'm going to start counting calories again very closely and make sure I don't eat more than 600 calories every 2 hours or so. Too bad I'll turn into a 'snacker' then. I'll do anything to get rid of this. If it doesn't work I'll go 100% paleo to see if that works. Also I will do no exercise but slow walking today and tomorrow
                      Last edited by Gadsie; 06-08-2012, 04:28 AM.
                      well then

Comment

• And wht sucks as well is that I'm pretty damn hungry at the same time
                        well then

Comment

• The nausea has now chnaged into a sort of pain in my stomach and it's growling. Hunger? I don't know
                          well then

Comment

• Yeah, man. Probably the hunger beast. Feed it! You won't need to restrict foods for years. As long as you're eating real foods, and getting relatively balanced nutrition, it's good.

I've got to say, it's good to see the progress you're making. As for tracking your calories - I get your reasons. But I'd focus on your nutrient profile as well! You can enter all your food on a tracking program (unless that's a trigger for your eating trouble) and see if you got enough B vitamins, etc. I'm a huge fan of gorging on about a pound liver once a week, really satisfies and keeps the energy way up for a few days, as well as knocking your vitamin intake through the roof - and your body stores these nutrients, so it's not like you're wasting the excess much. Yeah, you'll pee bright yellow a few hours later, but your body keeps most of the nutrition AFAIK.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Yeah, man. Probably the hunger beast. Feed it! You won't need to restrict foods for years. As long as you're eating real foods, and getting relatively balanced nutrition, it's good.

I've got to say, it's good to see the progress you're making. As for tracking your calories - I get your reasons. But I'd focus on your nutrient profile as well! You can enter all your food on a tracking program (unless that's a trigger for your eating trouble) and see if you got enough B vitamins, etc. I'm a huge fan of gorging on about a pound liver once a week, really satisfies and keeps the energy way up for a few days, as well as knocking your vitamin intake through the roof - and your body stores these nutrients, so it's not like you're wasting the excess much. Yeah, you'll pee bright yellow a few hours later, but your body keeps most of the nutrition AFAIK.
                              My parents don't want liver in the house... But once every week or so I go to the store to buy col cut beef liver, I immediately open the package and eat it (gross) but if it's so healthy then I don't mind and these stats look pretty decent I think
                              http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/...er_media_share

(I had bacon so that's why the sodium is so high)
                              well then

Comment

• Epic. Beautiful numbers. I like raw liver, too.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X