No announcement yet.

~ Metric's BP Journal ~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome job! i can see a noticeable difference. stay the course...those shorts will be falling off you in no time.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

• WOW! That's fantastic!! Great work, Jennifer. And props for posting such revealing pics, I don't think I have the guts to show my midrift to the world. Can't wait to see more progress!
      Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
      My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
      Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• Fantastic results! Your arms are very sculpted and so are your calves. I had to look closely to realize you were wearing the same pair of shorts ---- the shorts in your 'after' pic look so different. Also, your pecs are more sculpted and make your neck look quite lean. Kudos to you. Sculpting your ideal body is very empowering! Congratulations!
        ----------------------------------------
        F, 48, 5'10"
        Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
        Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

• 12 July 12, PB Day 72

Exercise:
          40 minute walk with my dog
          30 minute walk

During IF:
          1200 hrs: Iced coffee with 18% cream
          1400 hrs: Oahu coffee with 18% cream

Meal #1: 2130 hrs
          Pork belly, mashed sweet potato with butter, homemade au jus/gravy (pork belly and veggie drippings with red wine and a dallop of sour cream). My meal picture didn't turn out well, but here it is along with the finished pork belly product. Served with water and dry red wine. (Pork Belly recipe will be uploaded to the website this weekend. Dessert: Black cap raspberries in organic whole milk.

Last edited by Metric; 07-12-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Your tummy is flatter and your legs have shrunk! You're lookin amazing Jenn! Keep it up!
            SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
            Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
            Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
            Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
            Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
            Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Originally posted by boypoor
              Welcome aboard, Jennifer! Your food looks damn good. I see you did a 16/8 IF/eating window thing today. Are you trying out a Leangains-style protocol?
              Nope, I just follow an eat when you're hungry protocol. I was hungry earlier in the day (late afternoon), but the damn pork belly took a few hours to make, so had to wait until it was ready. I have been meaning to look into Leangains though.
              Last edited by Metric; 07-13-2012, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• 13 July 12, PB Day 73

Exercise:
                0545 hrs: 45 minute walk to work
                1900 hrs: 45 minute walk home from work

During IF:
                0545 hrs: Oahu coffee with coffee cream
                1030 hrs: Americano with coffee cream

Meal #1: 1600 hrs
                Pork belly, homemade au jus/gravy (pork belly and veggie drippings with red wine and a bit sour cream) with cucumber. Served with water.

Meal #2: 2130 hrs
                BBQ'd chicken thigh with skin, served with sweet potatoes covered in a tomato meat sauce with organic sour cream. Served with dry red wine and water. Dessert: 2 squares of 70% chocolate.

I'm beyond exhausted. I just finished dinner and finishing up my glass of wine and water, then BED!!!! Sorry.... no pictures of food for today/tonight...
                Last edited by Metric; 07-13-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• 14 July 12, PB Day 74

Exercise:
                  4 x 20 wall pushups
                  8 x 20 sec running sprints
                  4 x 10 dips
                  (At work so did what I could while on my break)

During IF:
                  0630 hrs: Oahu coffee with 18% cream
                  1030 hrs: Coffee with 18% cream
                  1500 hrs: Coffee with 18% cream
                  (slept like shit last night, so I am actually using coffee today to stay awake.... I would take a nap if I wasn't at work).

Meal #1: 1500 hrs
                  2 chicken thighs with skin, 1/2 cucumber.

Meal #2: 2100 hrs (Side Door Contemporary Kitchen - Bday celebration meal with DH and IL's - My favourite restaurant in Ottawa)
                  - 2 glasses of red wine
                  - 4 x Fish taco's
                  - 1 x Pulled pork taco
                  - Bok Choi in butter
                  - Black cod in a mirin, soy sauce and truffle oil
                  - Green papaya salad, with cashews, mint, Thai basil and taro
                  - Crispy Prawn in Betal leaf
                  - Chef's special mini donut with a coffee and cream

Afterwards.... food coma.
                  Last edited by Metric; 07-15-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• 15 July 12, PB Day 75

Forgot to do my weigh in and measurements. Will do tomorrow morning when I get home from my overnight shift. One thing I have noticed is that I get hungrier earlier in the day if I have too many carbs (and not the good kind) the day before.... like last night.

Exercise:
                    Super sore in the arms and chest from the little bit of a workout that I did yesterday. May try to get out for some sprints at the gym on my break.... we shall see.
                    1745 hrs: 45 minute walk to work (in 39 degree humid heat... ugh, at least my office is super cold!)

Meal #1: 1300 hrs
                    Grilled chicken thigh (with skin), boiled beets with tomato meat sauce, grilled onions and organic sour cream on top. Served with water.

Meal #1.5: 1745 hrs
                    Iced Oahu coffee with 18% cream. Devoured during my walk.

Meal #2: 0030 hrs
                    BAS - Mixed greens, cucumber, raw onions, feta cheese, chicken breast in marinade, 4 olives. Served with water.
                    Last edited by Metric; 07-16-2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• Great photos Jennifer! Love reading your progress...

Comment

• I just read your journal while on an overnight shift. No access to food, your photos made me hungry. Did you ever post that pork belly recipe anywhere? I have a pastured pork belly in the freezer and would like to do something with it.

I was happy to see you have some body shots too. Will be checking back often to see the progress.

Mommymd
                        --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by mommymd View Post
                          I just read your journal while on an overnight shift. No access to food, your photos made me hungry. Did you ever post that pork belly recipe anywhere? I have a pastured pork belly in the freezer and would like to do something with it.

I was happy to see you have some body shots too. Will be checking back often to see the progress.

Mommymd
                          I'm working overnight shift tonight and tomorrow night. Will be posting the recipe on my site (under construction - Primal Fare) this week.

Comment

• Hi Jennifer! I just joined the forums (I've been primal for about 4 months now) and your journey is so inspiring! Keep it up and I look forward to following your progress. Grok on!

Comment

• 16 July 12, PB Day 76 (Measurements update)

Well, it's been 2.5 months. Start day was May 1st. So here's the update.

UPDATE for Weight and Measurements (16 July 12)
                              Weight: 184.4 lbs (-23.6 lbs, 0.61lb loss from last weigh in, 30 June 12)
                              Bust: 38.5 in (- 3.5 in, no difference since last measurements, 30 June 12)
                              Waist: 32.5 in (- 4 in, no difference since last measurements, 30 June 12)
                              Stomach (navel): 39.5 in (- 3.5 in, no difference from last measurements, 30 June 12)
                              Hips: 43.5 in (- 3.5 in, 0.5in change from last measurements, 30 June 12)
                              Thigh: 26.5 in (- 2.5 in, 0.5in change from last measurements, 30 June 12)

Total weight lost: 23.6 lbs (- 0.6 lb from last weight in, 30 June 12)
                              Total measurements reduced: 17 inches (- 1in difference since last measurements, 30 June 12)

Lost 1 inches in the past 15 days and dropped another 0.6 lb. This is great, especially considering all the indulging I did over the past couple weeks. Helping my sister move and eating at their SAD house for quite a few days, then mine and my sisters birthday celebrations (x3). I was actually happy that I hadn't gained. The next few weeks should be much better! I don't have anything planned. I'm aiming to make it out of the 180's for next weigh in. That means just over a 3 lb loss to get me past 180. It's a very optimistic goal, but I think by sticking with TPB and increase an in exercise may help. We shall see.... Only 15 days to go.
                              Last edited by Metric; 07-30-2012, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sacgrok View Post
                                Hi Jennifer! I just joined the forums (I've been primal for about 4 months now) and your journey is so inspiring! Keep it up and I look forward to following your progress. Grok on!
                                Welcome and thanks!! I've overindulged in non-primal foods for the past couple of weeks (reasons in above post), so very little progress. Hopefully there will be big changes at the end of July.

Comment

Working...
                                X