Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 June 12, PB Day 51

Exercise:
    1700 hrs: 50 minute walk to work in 40 degree weather. Toe felt pretty good in my Vibrams. Barely noticed any soreness.

During IF:
    1700 hrs: Guatemalan iced coffee with cream.

Meal #1: 1400 hrs
    - 4 organic pasture, bacon and dill, deviled eggs.

Meal #2: 2200 hrs
    Mixed greens, red and green pepper, onions, cucumber, olives, grilled chicken, feta cheese with Lebanese dressing, served with water.

Last edited by Metric; 06-22-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

22 June 12, PB Day 52

During IF:
      0400 hrs: coffee with 35% organic cream.

Exercise:
      0700 hrs: 45 minute walk home after overnight shift.

Meal #1: 1530 hrs
      - 6 organic pasture eggs cooked in bacon fat, 1 strip of bacon, mixed greens with an olive oil/apple cider vinegar dressing, served with water.

Meal #1.5: 1700 hrs
      - Iced Guatemalan coffee with cream and water.

- organic pasture smoked pork chop cooked in bacon fat, 1/2 organic cucumber, served with water.

Last edited by Metric; 06-22-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

23 June 12, PB Day 53

Exercise:
        0700 hrs: 45 minute walk home after overnight shift.
        1225 hrs: 15 minute walk to Ribfest and then 15 minute walk back home.
        1545 hrs: 45 minute walk/play with my dog at the off-leash dog park and beach.

During IF:
        1225 hrs: Iced coffee with cream

Meal #1: 1330 hrs
        - 4 pork ribs at Ribfest with MDA member Patrick. Ribs were very good. I wasn't terribly hungry so just ate a couple, although I got a full-rack.

Meal #2: 1900 hrs
        - 3 pork ribs from Ribfest, 1 smoked pasture pork chop that was cooked in bacon fat, 1 organic pasture bacon and dill deviled egg, 1/3 organic cucumber, served with water. Dessert: 60 Belgian Callebaut 71.8% Couverture Callets.

Last edited by Metric; 06-23-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Oh man, your food intake looks PERFECT. I really can't wait to go home. I'm tired of not eating my usual amazing farmer's market primal foods Also here's a "Hell's YEAH!" to your SIX eggs fried in bacon fat! Congrats to really taking primal eating by the horns, girl! Maybe I should up my egg intake... but I'm starting to get sick of them, since I rely so heavily on them.
          Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
          My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
          Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

that looks delicious!
            Primal Journal | MikeZentz.com

Comment

24 June 12, PB Day 54

Exercise:
              - 15 minutes pushing my nephew on the swing (not much of a workout, but extra movement nonetheless)
              - 30 minute very slow walking at the farmers market
              - 1 hour walking and play with my dog at the off-leash dog park/beach

Meal #1: 1600 hrs
              - 3 strips of bacon, 4 organic pasture eggs cooked in bacon fat, 1/3 organic cucumber, served with water.

Meal #2: 1930 hrs (Brothers Beer Bistro) *some non-primal food consumed*
              - 1 pierogie topped with a crisp chunk of confit pork cheek in a light Sauvagine cheese sauce (shared appetizer with 2 other people) (pictured in top left of restaurant ad below)
              - Steak frites with an aioli. Had about 15 frites total (best I have ever tasted). (pictured in top right of restaurant ad below)
              - Served with lots of water and a glass of Chianti red wine.

On a side note: my DH ate their Kichessipi fried chicken, corn bread waffle with malted honey and their house slaw, with a Maudite beer. (Food pictured bottom right and beer middle upper). We almost ate everything described in this advertisement.
              Last edited by Metric; 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

25 June 12, PB Day 55

Exercise:
                1130 hrs: 2 hour walk with my dog

Meal #1: 1500 hrs
                4 strips of pasture bacon, 4 organic pasture eggs fried in bacon fat, 1/3 organic cucumber, served with 2 cups organic Kicking House Kick Ass coffee with organic whole un-homogenized milk and water.

Meal #2: 2100 hrs
                Grass-fed ground beef patty topped with local pepper jack cheddar, dijon mustard, homemade ketchup and homemade dill relish and vidalia onions, with a side organic mixed green salad and homemade ceasar dressing. Served with a glass of dry red wine and water. Dessert: 6 squares of Zazubean's Nakid 73% Dark Organic Chocolate with with cocoa nibs & vanilla. I couldn't stop it was SO GOOD!

Last edited by Metric; 06-26-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal-JoJo View Post
                  Oh man, your food intake looks PERFECT. I really can't wait to go home. I'm tired of not eating my usual amazing farmer's market primal foods Also here's a "Hell's YEAH!" to your SIX eggs fried in bacon fat! Congrats to really taking primal eating by the horns, girl! Maybe I should up my egg intake... but I'm starting to get sick of them, since I rely so heavily on them.
                  I only like eggs cooked in bacon fat. Sometimes butter. I get my pasture raised pork bacon from a local farmer. Best bacon ever! I used to not like bacon, now, I just can't get enough

Comment

Originally posted by mikezentz View Post
                    that looks delicious!
                    Why, thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metric View Post
                      I only like eggs cooked in bacon fat. Sometimes butter. I get my pasture raised pork bacon from a local farmer. Best bacon ever! I used to not like bacon, now, I just can't get enough
                      You used to NOT like bacon???! Oh my. Glad you've come around to the dark side lol.
                      Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
                      My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
                      Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• 26 June 12, PB Day 56

Exercise:
                        1715 hrs: 1 hour walk with my dog

Meal #1: 1600 hrs
                        2.5 strips pasture bacon, 4 organic pasture eggs fried in butter, 1/4 cucumber, 6 Japanese turnips fried in butter, served with water. Dessert: 30 Belgian Callebaut 71.8% Couverture Callets.

Meal #2: 2030 hrs
                        Mixed greens with homemade ceasar dressing, pasture smoked pork chop, served with water.

Last edited by Metric; 06-28-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• 27 June 12, PB Day 57

Exercise: None

During IF:
                          0650 hrs: organic fair-trade Mexican coffee with organic 18% cream.
                          1200 hrs: organic fair-trade Ethiopian coffee with 18% cream.

Meal #1: 1530 hrs
                          Smoked pork-chop, 1/2 organic cucumber, served with water.

Meal #2: 2100 hrs
                          Emu (and pork fat) smoked sausage served with yellow mustard, red and yellow beets with garlic scapes fried in butter, two slices of local pepper jack cheddar cheese, served with organic cucumber and unsweetened cranberry infused water. Dessert: 3 squares of Zazubean's Nakid 73% Dark Organic Chocolate with with cocoa nibs & vanilla.

Last edited by Metric; 06-28-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• 28 June 12, PB Day 58

Exercise:
                            0545 hrs: 45 minute walk to work.
                            1900 hrs: 45 minute walk home from work.

During IF:
                            0730 hrs: organic free-trade Columbian coffee with 18% cream.

Meal #1: 1430 hrs
                            Emu (and pork fat) smoked sausage with 1/2 organic cucumber, served with water and organic free-trade coffee with organic whole milk.

Ground pasture beef, garlic scapes and onions fried in bacon fat, over a bed of mixed organic greens, 2 organic pasture eggs, 2 slices of bacon, with a homemade ceasar dressing, served with water. (Will upload picture on 30 June - since I'm at work).
                            Last edited by Metric; 06-29-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• 29 June 12, PB Day 59

Exercise:
                              1700 hrs: 45 minute walk to work

During IF:
                              1700 hrs: Iced Galapagos Island coffee with 18% cream.

Meal #1: 2030 hrs
                              Four organic pasture eggs fried in bacon fat, 2 strips of bacon, 1 whole avocado, served with water. Dessert: About 20 cherries.

Meal #2: 0030 hrs
                              Smoked pork-chop fried in bacon fat, 1/3 organic cucumber, served with water.

Last edited by Metric; 06-29-2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• 30 June 12, PB Day 60 (Measurements Update)

Well, it's been 2 months. Start day was May 1st. So here's the update.

UPDATE for Weight and Measurements (30 Jun 12)
                                Weight: 185 lbs (-23 lbs, 8lb loss from last weigh in, 15 June 12)
                                Bust: 38.5 in (- 3.5 in, - 1.5 in difference since last measurements, 15 June 12)
                                Waist: 32.5 in (- 4 in, - 0.5 in difference since last measurements, 15 June 12)
                                Stomach (navel): 39.5 in (- 3.5 in, 0.5in change from last measurements, 15 June 12)
                                Hips: 44 in (- 3 in, no change from last measurements, 15 June 12)
                                Thigh: 27 in (- 2 in, no change from last measurements, 15 June 12)

Total weight lost: 23 lbs (- 8 lb from last weight in, 15 June 12)
                                Total measurements reduced: 16 inches (- 2.5in difference since last measurements, 15 June 12)

Super! Lost 2.5 inches in the past 15 days and dropped another 8 lbs. This is great. Wasn't too concerned about the weigh-in portion, but more interested in the inches lost. I can feel the difference.

Cheers,
                                Jennifer
                                Last edited by Metric; 06-30-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X