No announcement yet.

~ Metric's BP Journal ~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it looks really good! I like that you like to have fun with your food too! Paleo/Primal is a great time to drive creativity in the kitchen. (I've gotta make the cucumber wrapped tuna sometime!)

BTW remembered why I stopped doing the airsquats... :P 3? days later and my legs are still hurtin. Just means I gotta keep doing it so that I can build up the strength. Have you had luck yet?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

24 May 12, PB Day 24

During IF: 1230 hrs
      Coffee with non-homogenized organic whole milk

Meal #1: 1630 hrs
      Mixed greens, grilled asparagus, smoked pork chop, 2 whole eggs, onion, carrot, 1/2 of an avocado, 1/2oz of 3yr old cheddar, 1 strip bacon and homemade caesar dressing served with water.

Meal #2: 2100 hrs
      Brussel sprouts sauteed in a tbsp of duck fat with 1/2 bacon strip, grass-fed striploin and 1/2 avocado served with a glass of dry red wine and water.

Meal#3: 2200 hrs
      Organic strawberries with organic heavy cream. OMG, Yum!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Metric; 05-24-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

25 May 12, PB Day 25

During IF: 1200 hrs
        Iced coffee with cream

Meal #1: 1430 hrs
        Grilled perch with skin, cucumber and asparagus with avocado oil served with water.

Meal #2: 1900 hrs
        Mixed salad greens, ground pork with chipotle pepper, 2 whole eggs, cucumber, 1 slice bacon, homemade thousand island dressing served with a glass of dry red wine and water.

Last edited by Metric; 05-25-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

So you never talk about yourself. What you do for a living or what your day is like or anything. I'm curious! I guess I'm just used to the other journals I frequent going deep into the day and conversation and whatnot.
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

Hey,

So, a bit about me. My name is Jennifer. I live with my common-law husband of almost 11 years. We have a 6.5 year old dog (see picture below). I work as an emergency services dispatcher, working shift work (12 hour shifts - day and overnight, I work 4 shifts consecutively then have 4 off). On my days off (weekdays), I take my dog to the off-leash park for 2 to 4 hours to play with his doggie friends, do photography, lots of walking with my dog, go to coffee shops and do some reading, go to the gym, do cleaning, etc. On my days off (weekend), my DH and I go to the Farmer's Market, out for dinner, movies, visit my sister and nephew, visit my in-laws, go for walks, watch tv shows, enjoy good wine and coffee, etc. Love to travel and enjoy good music. I am a foodie, which sometimes makes Primal a bit harder. Really, I don't have a very exciting life. I like things to be quiet and peaceful on my days off to balance off the high-stress at work. BORING... I know. Plus, I suck at writing. I'm more of a state the facts, and that's it. So, not a very good writer. Hence the boring blog. It's mostly here to help keep me on track.

Riley at the dog park (taken 24 May 12):

Before playing:

After playing:

Only exciting thing that happened today was that I bought my second pair of VFF's. I'm currently sitting watching tv and enjoying a terrific glass of wine. YUM!!! Today was super hot here in Ottawa so Riley and I didn't get a chance to go to the dog park We just had a massive thunderstorm and the poor little guy is too afraid to come out of the washroom (the only room without a window). Now that it's nicer out and a bit cooler, I'm going to take him out for a walk.

Tomorrow I'm going to our friends wedding later in the day. Hopefully I'll still be able to stick to mostly primal. We shall see...
            Last edited by Metric; 05-25-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I don't think your journal is boring at all! I love coming to check it every day! A foodie having a hard time on paleo? Have you checked out thefoodee.com? It's all paleo/primal/whole30 recipes ... Essentially to say it's all safe and delicious. New recipe every day!!

You sound like you've got it all though. Nice place to love, cool job, someone to love, and an active lifestyle enhanced by a pet who keeps you active! All in all it sounds like you've definitely got yourself to an outstanding start in life!

Comment

26 May 12, PB Day 26

So, I went to a wedding yesterday. All in all, I did pretty well I think. Wasn't very hard to stick to primal. Meat was unlikely grass fed and veggies were unlikely organic, but still easy for me to eat primal.

Meal #1: 1430 hrs
                5oz steak with caesar salad (no croutons) with a glass of red wine and water

Meal #2: 1830 hrs (wedding)
                Course 1: Butter squash soup
                Course 2: Salad of mixed greens, cucumber, onion, carrots with a vidalia onion and poppy-seed dressing
                Course 3: Steak with mixed grilled veggies, carrots, zucchini, red pepper, snap peas (didn't eat the roasted potatoes)
                Course 4: Coffee with cream

Alcohol during the wedding, 3 glasses of red wine.

I'm not a dessert person, so not having that was easy. I also didn't partake in any of the carb-laden hors d'oeuvres or bread at dinner. Nor did I indulge in any late snacks that came out. I was still very satisfied. Felt great the entire night while others seemed to be somewhat in a food coma. Boy I'm happy I stuck to eating as primal as possible. Great night, lots of fun to be had.
                Last edited by Metric; 05-27-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

27 May 12, PB Day 27

Meal #1: 0930 hrs (Breakfast at StoneFace Dolly's)
                  Salad with a sun-dried tomato vinaigrette and an omelet consisting of ham, cheddar cheese and mushrooms. Served with a coffee with cream. I just ate the salad and omelet, no house-made bread or potatoes.

Meal #2: 1330 hrs
                  Iced Kona coffee with cream. It was my supervisors birthday yesterday so we got him a Ice Cream cake (his favourite). I didn't eat any. A while back, I told my co-workers were told that I feel sick after I eat foods that cause a high insulin spike and they don't bug me about not having the crap foods at all. I had my ice coffee while they had their dessert. We were all happy

Meal #3: 2100 hrs (Oz Cafe)
                  Mixed greens and arugula with roasted asparagus, roasted ramps, goat cheese with a rhubarb vinaigrette. Grilled bison. Roasted halibut cheeks and pulled pork in stock hotpot. Grilled beef, vinegar based coleslaw and cos lettuce. Glass of Touriga Nacional red wine.

Meal #4: 2200 hrs
                  Organic strawberries with organic cream. I think this is my new favourite dessert!
                  Last edited by Metric; 05-28-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

28 May 12, PB Day 28

During IF: 1300 hrs
                    Algonquin Dark roast organic coffee, siphon brewed, with organic non-homogenized whole milk.

Meal #1: 1530 hrs
                    Smoked loin chop slices, 4 organic pasture eggs cooked in bacon grease mixed with 1 tsp cream cheese and homemade ketchup, 1/2 cucumber served with water.

Meal #2: 1745 hrs
                    Iced Reserve Organic Sidamo coffee, Clover brewed, with organic cream. Drank it during my 45 minute walk to work. Yummy!

Meal #3: 2300 hrs
                    Mixed organic greens, grass-fed ground beef mixed with onions, garlic, mix of spices to make Indian curry spice mix, coconut oil, red pepper flakes, organic cream cheese with Stonewall Kitchens champagne shallot walnut dressing.
                    Last edited by Metric; 05-28-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Hey Jenn! Just curious as to how you're feeling physically. noticed any changes in this first month?

Comment

I've noticed MAJOR positive changes so far.

- Need less sleep (I used to easily sleep 12 hours)
                        - Increased energy
                        - Not getting tired after eating
                        - Not getting tired after taking seizure meds (this is a big one!!)
                        - No more food cravings
                        - No more bloating
                        - No more migraines
                        - Eating only when hungry has released me from my food obsession (more psychological, but positive change nonetheless)
                        - Appetite suppression (I used to be hungry all the time)
                        - No more acne
                        - Keratosis pilaris is lessening
                        - Weight and inches lost

There may be more, but these are the top ones.
                        Last edited by Metric; 05-28-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

29 May 12, PB Day 29

Meal #1: 1530 hrs
                          Half an organic cucumber, 5 organic pasture eggs cooked in bacon fat, homemade ketchup, grilled pork loin cooked in bacon fat served with Algonquin Dark roast organic coffee, siphon brewed, with organic non-homogenized whole milk. I can't seem to get enough of this eggs, bacon product, cucumber and coffee combination. It's love

Meal #2: 2200 hrs
                          Two very large handfuls of organic greens, 1/3 organic cucumber, 2 boiled organic whole eggs, 1 strip bacon, 1 tbsp feta, grilled smoked pork-chop, homemade thousand islands dressing served with water. Sorry for crappy picture. It was in a plastic container and the picture was taken with my iPhone instead of my camera (since I'm at work).

Meal #3: 2330 hrs
                          Organic strawberries and organic cream.
                          Last edited by Metric; 05-30-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metric View Post
                            I've noticed MAJOR positive changes so far.

- Need less sleep (I used to easily sleep 12 hours)
                            - Increased energy
                            - Not getting tired after eating
                            - Not getting tired after taking seizure meds (this is a big one!!)
                            - No more food cravings
                            - No more bloating
                            - No more migraines
                            - Eating only when hungry has released me from my food obsession (more psychological, but positive change nonetheless)
                            - Appetite suppression (I used to be hungry all the time)
                            - No more acne
                            - Keratosis pilaris is lessening
                            - Weight and inches lost

There may be more, but these are the top ones.
                            Look at you! So proud of you and really glad to hear that you're noticing a difference!

Comment

30 May 12, PB Day 30

Meal #1: 1500 hrs
                              Half an organic cucumber, 5 organic pasture eggs cooked in bacon fat, homemade ketchup, 2 strips of bacon served with Algonquin Dark roast organic coffee, siphon brewed, with organic non-homogenized whole milk and water.

Meal #2: 2030 hrs
                              Grass-fed beef medallion, 1/2 organic cucumber, 2 organic whole eggs, 3/4 avocado served with a glass of dry red wine and water.

Meal #3: 2230 hrs
                              Organic strawberries with organic heavy cream.

Last edited by Metric; 05-30-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

31 May 12, PB Day 31 (Measurements Update)

Well, it's been 1 month. Start day was May 1st. So here's the update.

Starting Measurements: (1 May 12)
                                Weight: 208 lbs
                                Bust: 42 in
                                Waist: 36.5 in
                                Stomach (navel): 43 in
                                Hips: 47 in
                                Thigh: 29 in

UPDATE for Weight and Measurements
                                Weight: 193 lbs (-15 lbs)
                                Bust: 40.5 in (- 1.5 in)
                                Waist: 33.5 in (- 3 in)
                                Stomach (navel): 40 in (- 3 in)
                                Hips: 44 in (- 3 in)
                                Thigh: 27 in (- 2 in)

Total weight lost: 15 lbs
                                Total measurements reduced: 12.5 inches

So, in just 1 month, I lost 15 lbs and 12.5 inches from my body. That is beyond crazy! (I think so anyways.) I will celebrate this with a coffee and a walk to the dog park to play with my lil' pooch, Riley.
                                Last edited by Metric; 05-31-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X