Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 June 12, PB Day 42

Meal #1: 1200 hrs
    Pasture pork roast (minus some of the fat), 2.5 bacon and dill deviled eggs, 1/4 organic cucumber, served with water.

Meal #2: 1430 hrs
    2 bacon and dill deviled eggs, served with water.

Meal #3:
    2200 hrs
    3 slices of regular pizza with mushrooms, onions, pepperoni, green peppers. Tasted just okay (I used to love this pizza from local place). Felt like CRAP afterwards, all bloaty and shit.
    Last edited by Metric; 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

13 June 12, PB Day 43

Exercise:
      20 minute walk
      5 x 10 air squats

Meal #1: 1200 hrs
      Pulled pork from pasture pork roast, 3.5 organic pasture bacon and dill deviled eggs (made with a avocado oil, ghee and bacon fat mayo), 1/4 organic cucumber, served with water. (Forgot to take a picture - Looks the same as yesterdays).

Meal #2: 2230 hrs
      Mixed greens, red and green pepper, onions, cucumber, olives, grilled chicken, feta cheese with Lebanese dressing, served with water.

I'm working my overnight shift. It's 0555 hrs, I can't wait until the next hour is done.... then, walking home to sleep for my overnight shift tonight. Then off for 4 days. I can't wait!!
      Last edited by Metric; 06-14-2012, 02:54 AM.

Comment

14 June 12, PB Day 44

Exercise:
        1500 hrs: 30 minute walk with my dog and 1 hr sitting on a bench in the sun, absorbing Vit D, while reading Fifty Shades of Grey.
        1745 hrs: 45 minute walk to work for my overnight shift.

Meal #1: 0800 hrs
        4 organic pasture bacon and dill deviled eggs (made with a avocado oil, ghee and bacon fat mayo), served with water. (no picture... was too tired from overnight shift and too hungry!)

Meal #2: 1430 hrs
        6 organic pasture eggs fried in bacon fat, 3 strips of bacon, veggie hash consisting of rainbow chard, green onions and garlic scapes fried in bacon fat, served with water and iced coffee with organic 35% cream.

Meal #2.5: 1745 hrs
        Iced organic Nicaraguan coffee with organic 35% cream (during walk to work - YUMMY!!!!!)

Meal #3: 2200 hrs
        Mixed greens, red and green pepper, onions, cucumber, olives, grilled chicken, feta cheese with Lebanese dressing, served with water.

Meal #4: 0200 hrs
        Organic strawberries with organic 35% cream.

[FONT=Arial Black]Tomorrow is measurements and weigh-in day. Hopefully I've lost a few more inches!!! We shall see!![/B][[/B]/FONT]
        Last edited by Metric; 06-15-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by primally_yours View Post
          Hi Metric! I just found your journal and had to comment on the gorgeous, mouth-watering food pictures! Glad you're having a great primal experience so far.

Cheers,
          Jen

P.S. Also, I love the band Metric!
          OOOOPS: Just saw this message now. Thanks very much! I love me some Metric too (obviously )

Comment

15 June 12, PB Day 45 (Measurements update)

Well, it's been 1.5 months. Start day was May 1st. So here's the update.

UPDATE for Weight and Measurements (15 Jun 12)
            Weight: 193 lbs (-15 lbs, no change from last weigh in)
            Bust: 40 in (- 2 in, - 0.5 in difference since last measurements)
            Waist: 33 in (- 3.5 in, - 0.5 in difference since last measurements)
            Stomach (navel): 40 in (- 3 in, no change from last measurements)
            Hips: 44 in (- 3 in, no change from last measurements)
            Thigh: 27 in (- 2 in, no change from last measurements)

Total weight lost: 15 lbs (no change from last weight in)
            Total measurements reduced: 13.5 inches (- 1 in difference since last measurements)

Not nearly as awesome as I would have liked, but I am not discouraged. I still lost 1 inch, which is all that matters. And I still feel AMAZING! Small losses add up too. I think I need to pay attention to my cream intake, especially when it comes to having it with berries, since it's easy to have too many calories in that way. I think I'm going to try to cut out the berries and cream for the next 15 days to see if there are any improvements. I'm going to keep the cream in my coffee only. Also, aside from walking and squats, I haven't done any other workouts. Need to start including more sprints, pushups and planks over the next 15 days. Well, that's it for progress info. Now I'm going to take a walk to the store to pick up some organic veggies to go with our pasture beef hamburgers that we're going to make tonight. I'm also going to stop in at the LCBO to pick up a bottle of wine. I'm finished my 4 day rotation this morning at 7am and now I'm off until Tuesday morning. WOOHOOOOOOO!

Oh yeah, last night at work, one of my coworkers said that she could really tell that I've lost some weight. That felt nice!

Cheers,
            Jennifer
            Last edited by Metric; 06-15-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Woohoo! Sounds great - remember, slow and steady wins the race
              Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
              My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
              Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

15 June 12, PB Day 45

Exercise:
                0700 hrs: 45 minute walk home from overnight shift.
                1600 hrs: 30 minute walk to get groceries, wine and back home.

During IF:
                1400 hrs: iced coffee with 10% cream.
                1615 hrs: iced Nicaraguan coffee with 10% cream.

Meal #1: 2000 hrs
                First BBQ of the season: BBQ'd Grass-fed beef patty (seasoned with onion and garlic powder, fresh rosemary, Himalayan sea salt and fresh ground pepper), pan-fried pancetta, smoked cheddar, raw onion, mixed organic greens (topped with homemade ketchup and dijon mustard - not shown), served with BBQ'd organic asparagus spritzed with olive oil, served with two glasses of dry French red wine and water.

Meal #2: 2300 hrs
                BBQ'd Grass-fed beef patty (seasoned with onion and garlic powder, fresh rosemary, Himalayan sea salt and fresh ground pepper), pan-fried pancetta, smoked cheddar, raw onion, mixed organic greens topped with homemade ketchup and dijon mustard, pulled pork, two organic pasture eggs with butter, with BBQ'd organic asparagus spritzed with olive oil, served with water.

Last edited by Metric; 06-15-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

16 June 12, PB Day 46

Exercise:
                  1400 hrs: 1 hour walk with my dog and playing with him at the dog beach.

Meal #1: (Sidedoor - Contemporary Kitchen & Bar)
                  A bunch of tapas, shared with my other half. I had a glass of dry red wine and lots of water.

- Two bajan crispy Pacific Halibut fish tacos, with coriander, cabbage, house made pickles, avocado.

- Two prawn dumplings with ginger and black vinegar, with green onions, house made pickled ginger and fresh herbs.

- Broiled black cod, with butter leaf lettuce wrap, their "tasty sauce", fresh Thai basil, and house made pickled onions, beets, carrots, ginger and jalapenos.

- Braised lamb shoulder in a Hanglay curry, with house made pickled asparagus and cauliflower, peanuts.

- My dessert: Coffee with cream. My boyfriend had their homemade featured donuts. They were berry cream filled, dipped in white chocolate on one half and the other dipped in raw sugar, drizzled with a strawberry rhubarb puree.

Meal #2: 2230 hrs
                  Mixed greens, cucumber, red and green peppers, onions, feta, olives, daisies with a Lebanese dressing, served with a glass of water and dry red wine.

Dessert
                  : 30 Belgian Callebaut 71.8% Couverture Callets.
                  Last edited by Metric; 06-16-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

17 June 12, PB Day 47

Exercise:
                    30 minute walk with my dog at the farmers market

Meal #1: 1030 hrs (at my IL's for father's day)
                    - Scrambled eggs (non-organic) with green onions mixed with rice milk cooked with margarine, 6 strips of bacon, handful of blueberries and raspberries (non-organic), served with water. The meal also could have included crepes, cool whip, high-sugar muffins. Man CW at it's finest. I chose as best as I could while I was there. The quality of the food was quite obvious. Eggs were bland and tasteless and the bacon was mediocre, the blueberries and raspberries were well washed at least. Later in the morning (a couple hours later), my MIL brought out some watermelon and some sweetened lemon-aid and sweetened orange juice. Had none of this. (No picture)

Meal #2:
                    1730 hrs
                    - BBQ'd steak (not grass-fed), organic romaine, homemade ceasar dressing and 1.5 strips of pasture bacon pieces. Two glasses or dry red wine and water. Dessert: 60 Belgian Callebaut 71.8% Couverture Callets.

Meal #3: 2200 hrs
                    - Whole avocado, 3 strips of pasture bacon, 2.5 organic pasture deviled ceasar eggs (yolks mixed with some of the homemade ceasar dressing instead of mayo), served with a glass of dry red wine and water.

Last edited by Metric; 06-18-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

18 June 12, PB Day 48

Exercise:
                      - 30 minute walk with my sister
                      - 30 minute walk with my dog

During IF:
                      1145 hrs: Organic iced coffee with 10% cream.
                      1245 hrs: Small cappuccino

Meal #1: 1900 hrs
                      - BBQ'd hickory smoked pasture raised pork chop, mixed greens, 1 whole organic pasture egg, 1.5 strips pasture bacon, homemade ceasar dressing, 1oz raw sheep feta, served with a glass of dry red wine and a couple glasses of water. Dessert: 40 Belgian Callebaut 71.8% Couverture Callets, served with water. The pork chop was SO GOOD, I ate everything but the bone. I used my hands and everything.

Comment

Damn, I really hurt my pinky toe last night. I'm not sure if I broke it, but I know that I'm going to lose my toenail. Schmucked it on the corner of a stair last night at about 11pm. It's about 7:45am and it's still bleeding. Hoping that it will heal quickly cause I'm barely able to walk on that foot. I had to drive in to work today, which I hate doing. Oh well. Things could be worse!

Comment

I guess you TOE-taled your foot yesterday! *sneers*. Sorry for the terrible pun but it's a punny kind of morning... hope you're ok!
                          SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                          Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                          Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                          Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

Originally posted by ecks View Post
                            I guess you TOE-taled your foot yesterday! *sneers*. Sorry for the terrible pun but it's a punny kind of morning... hope you're ok!
                            haha. Was good for a laugh.

Comment

19 June 12, PB Day 49

Exercise: None. Injury to toe last night.

During IF: organic coffee with 10% cream

Meal #1: 1230 hrs
                              - 2 organic pasture eggs and 5 slices of pancetta, served with water and a coffee with 35% cream. (no picture)

Meal #2: 1730 hrs
                              - 3 organic pasture eggs, 4 slices of smoked back bacon, rainbow chard and onions fried in butter, served with water and coffee with 10% cream.

Meal #3: 2100 hrs
                              - grass-fed beef patty mixed with spices, topped with smoked cheddar, dijon mustard, homemade chipotle ketchup, homemade dill relish, onion, mixed greens with homemade ceasar dressing, 1 organic pasture eggs, 1 strip of bacon, 1 tbsp raw sheep feta served with Portugal red wine and a couple glasses of water.

Comment

20 June 12, PB Day 50

Exercise: None... toe was still really sore.

Meal #1: 1400 hrs
                                - 4 organic pasture, bacon and dill, deviled eggs. (I'll be posting this recipe on my new website once it's all set up.

Meal #2: 2100 hrs
                                - grass-fed beef patty mixed with spices, topped with smoked cheddar, dijon mustard, homemade chipotle ketchup, homemade dill relish and onion, with Japanese turnips fried in butter, served with a glass of dry red wine and water.
                                Last edited by Metric; 06-22-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X