• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 July 12, PB Day 77

Exercise: 40 minute walk

During IF:
    Iced coffee with 18% cream

Meal #1: 1900 hrs
    Rib steak, beets with organic sour cream and fresh chopped herbs. Served with a glass of dry red wine. Dessert: 3 pieces of dark chocolate.
    Last edited by Metric; 07-21-2012, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• 21 July 12, PB Day 81

Hello, sorry I've been away. Still eating primal. We had beautiful weather for the past few days that I had been enjoying.

Exercise:
      0545 hrs: 45 minute walk to work (4.3km).
      1000 hrs: Jump Rope sprints. 10 x 30 second sprints (between 50 and 65 skips), 30 second rests in between. It's been eons since I've skipped. It was a bit rough... I whipped myself a few times. Will work on increasing amount of skips and the number of sprints. I could have kept going physically, but I had to get back to work (4.3km).
      1700 hrs: 3 x 10 knee pushups.
      1900 hrs: 45 minute walk home (4.3km).

During IF:
      0545 hrs: Oahu coffee with 18% cream.
      1500 hrs: Vienna coffee with 18% cream.

Meal #1: 1500 hrs
      Pork Belly with au jus and mashed sweet potato with full-fat sour cream. YUM!!

Meal #2: 2100 hrs
      Pork Belly with au jus, mixed greens with homemade Caesar dressing, served with a glass of dry red wine and a couple glasses of lemon water with fresh mint. Dessert: organic raspberries in organic 10% cream.

- Boo! We finished off the pork belly at dinner. So sad!
      Last edited by Metric; 07-22-2012, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• Metric, your results and your meals are truly impressive.
        I started at the same date as you,
        -with other goals that might need more time to be visible-,
        and you keep me inspired to continue! Thanks

Comment

• 22 July 12, PB Day 82

Exercise:
          0545 hrs: 45 minute walk to work (4.3km)
          1900 hrs: 45 minute walk home (4.3km)

During IF:
          0545 hrs: Oahu coffee with 18% cream
          1145 hrs: Organic coffee with organic 10% cream

Meal #1: 1500 hrs
          Smoked pork chop, mixed organic greens with homemade ceasar dressing.

Meal #2: 2100 hrs
          BBQ Chicken breast and ash-baked sweet potato with green chilli salsa (green chile, celery, cilantro, yogurt, vinegar)

Last edited by Metric; 07-24-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• 23 July 12, PB Day 83

Exercise:
            1745 hrs: 45 minute walk to work (4.3km)

During IF:
            1745 hrs: Oahu coffee with 18% cream
            0000 hrs: Organic coffee with 10% cream

Meal #1: 1600 hrs
            BBQ Chicken breast green chilli salsa (fat drippings instead of yogurt) and ash-baked sweet potato organic 19% sour cream.

Meal #2: 2330 hrs
            BAS - Mixed greens, cucumber, raw onions, feta cheese, chicken breast in marinade, 4 olives. Served with water.

Comment

• 24 July 12, PB Day 84

Exercise:
              1500 hrs: 25 minute walk to pet store/cafe with dog (2km)
              1600 hrs: 25 minute walk back home with dog (2km)
              1745 hrs: 45 minute walk to work (4.3km)

During IF:
              1530 hrs: coffee with 18% cream

Meal #1: 1645 hrs
              Ham hock with homemade Thai sauce (scallions, green chile, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, lines, basil, cilantro, coconut milk, fish sauce) served with orange and yellow carrots sauteed in organic butter.

Last edited by Metric; 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Wow that looks and sounds awesome!
                Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
                My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
                Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• 25 July 12, PB Day 85

Exercise:
                  0700 hrs: 45 minute walk home after overnight shift (4.3km)

Meal #1: 2200 hrs
                  Mixed greens with homemade ceasar dressing, with 1 strip of pasture bacon and 2 boiled eggs and kangaroo/pork sausage.

Dog not feeling well. Took him to the vet.
                  Last edited by Metric; 07-28-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• 26 July 12, PB Day 86

Exercise: None - taking care of my sick dog.... the vet thinks its a bacterial infection because his tests for parasites was negative. $300 later, lets hope she's right. My poor little baby!

Meal #1: 2200 hrs
                    Ground pork patty fried in bacon fat, with organic greens from my balcony garden with a homemade ceasar dressing.

- No picture, pre-occupied with taking care of my dog. Forced myself to eat. Super stressed out about my little guy.
                    Last edited by Metric; 07-28-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• 27 July 12, PB Day 87

Exercise: None

My dog was feeling better...

Meal #1: 2100 hrs
                      Authentic Chinese food (MSG free): Shrimp Siu Mai, Pork Moo She, Mee Siam, Bok Choi, Gai Lan, green tea and water. Dinner at PIL house.
                      Last edited by Metric; 07-28-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Aww I hope it's not serious with your dog. I hope he gets better soon!
                        Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
                        My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
                        Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• 28 July 12, PB Day 88

Exercise:
                          - Changed my car tires.... finally

Meal #1: 1200 hrs
                          3 egg Omelette with smoked meat and cow feta with hollandaise sauce, vinegar based coleslaw and served with two cups of coffee with 10% cream and water.
                          - No picture

Meal #2: 2000 hrs
                          Ground beef patty friend in bacon fat with a tbsp 19% sour cream, served with organic mixed greens from my balcony garden with a homemade Ceasar dressing with 1/2 strip pasture bacon. Served with a couple of glasses of fresh lemon, lime and mint flavoured water. Dessert: 3 squares of 70% dark chocolate
                          Last edited by Metric; 07-29-2012, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• 29 July 12, PB Day 89

Exercise:
                            0545 hrs: 45 minute walk to work (4.3km)
                            0930 hrs: skip sprints: (s1)100 in 48 seconds, (s2)100 in 48 seconds, (s3) 100 in 55 seconds, (s4) 100 in 54 seconds. 30 sec rests.
                            1900 hrs: 45 minute walk home from work (4.3km)

During IF:
                            0730 hrs: Illy coffee with organic 10% cream.
                            1200 hrs: Illy coffee with organic 10% cream.

Meal #1: 1430 hrs
                            One ground pork patty, one ground beef patty (both fried in bacon fat) with 1/2 zucchini fried in bacon fat. Oh so good!

Meal #2: 2130 hrs
                            Mixed organic greens from my garden with homemade ceasar dressing, one ground beef patty fried in bacon fat and 3 strips of pasture bacon, served with multiple glasses of water.

Last edited by Metric; 07-29-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Hi Metric,
                              I found your thread while I was on the site trying to learn all I can so that I can do Primal right. I've been reading that sometimes women don't quite get the results they've been looking for, so I wanted to focus on a female who's actually losing wgt. and getting smaller. I love how you just dug in and didn't seem to look back! You're very inspirational! I have lots of wgt. to lose, but I feel so much better--more human--after only making 1 change. I ditched grains 2 days ago. For the first time in a long time, I feel in control of my appetite instead of it controlling me. I have energy for a change and feel like a nice person ;~).
                              I want to thank you so much for posting your food in detail at the beginning. I know everyone is different, but it still helps. I have bought so many meal plans and nutrition books that I can't afford Mark's books just yet. I'm not going to let that stop me--I'm going to go with what I know from researching this site and go from there!

Comment

• 30 July 12, PB Day 90 - Measurements and Weight Update

Well, it's been 3 months. Start day was May 1st. So here's the update.

UPDATE for Weight and Measurements (30 July 12)
                                Weight: 181 lbs (-27 lbs, -3.4lb loss from last weigh in, 16 July 12)
                                Bust: 38.25 in (- 3.75 in, -0.25in difference since last measurements, 16 July 12)
                                Waist: 32.5 in (- 4 in, no difference since last measurements, 16 July 12)
                                Stomach (navel): 39.25 in (- 3.75 in, -0.25 in difference from last measurements, 16 July 12)
                                Hips: 43.5 in (- 3.5 in, 0.5in change from last measurements, 16 July 12)
                                Thigh: 26.5 in (- 2.5 in, 0.5in change from last measurements, 16 July 12)

Total weight lost: 27 lbs (- 3.4lb from last weight in, 16 July 12)
                                Total measurements reduced: 17.5 inches (- 0.5in difference since last measurements, 16 July 12)

Lost some weight but barely any in measurements. Moving in the right direction and still feeling amazing.
                                Last edited by Metric; 07-30-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X