No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Minxxa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks patty! And I know you're right, I just figured out that for me it's super-addictive, so I just have to completely avoid. I definitely did learn from the experience, and... if I think positively... at least I was off soda for about 6 months of last year! :-)

I'm looking forward to him coming home, but am also freaking out about all the stuff i have to do before he does! LOL... that's about normal though. I just need to pace myself, and then not expect to get it all done, because it won't happen! Next weekend will be super duper busy because I have to get the majority of things accomplished (house stuff/cleaning/haircut and things like that) because the next weekend I'll be out of town. It's good though. I did a lot this weekend but would have liked more time! I ended up going to see a friend on Sunday to help her with something and so lost about 7 hours of my day. It was a great visit and I'm glad I did it, but I coulda used that time, you know?!

I did okay primally this weekend, but didn't log. It's so hard for me to do that on weekends because I'm so busy and out doing stuff.

But back to normal today. Have work and then dance class... then going to try to do a few things tonight to feel like I'm making progress on my To Do list!

And yeah... paperwork. Blyeah! I feel like I can't get ahead, people keep sending me more. Gets so I hate getting the mail because I have to deal with a stack of papers. I'm working on cutting it down, less actual statements when possible, and when we move I'm going to do all the work to get the junk mail stopped. I tried to do it once, but you have to send individual stuff to like 6 different people. There are services that you can sign up for online, too, so probably going to do that.

I'm trying to minimize a lot because with school coming up I want as little of that extraneous not necessary stuff around as possible.

Weeding through my email, too and stopping some of the mailing lists I'm on that I don't really pay attention to. I end up deleting about 25 emails a day that I just don't have time for...

Oh, and going to trader joe's tomorrow for groceries (was supposed to go yesterday, but... friends!) and getting some brussel sprouts to roast. And bacon... I'm out of bacon! The madness of it!!!

sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

So yesterday:

Breakfast: green tea

Lunch: went to Rubios and got the chicken bowl with no rice. Should have went no beans as well as I did get somewhat bloaty from the black beans. I think without the beans would have been MUCH better

Dinner: cup of mixed veggies, can of tuna, 1/8 cup yogurt and some spices.

I didn't log in my food today, but will tomorrow etc, for sure. My feeling is that I probably did not take in enough calories--- again. I definitely have a problem with that when I remove carbs/sugar. I do add fat, but it seems to fill me up SOOOO fast that then I can't finish my meals. will have to tweak that this week.

I skipped dance class last night, too. I'm sort of overscheduled/overstressed/overworked with all that's going on and all I have to get done in the next 2 weeks before hubs gets home. So I took the evening to do some things around the house and get some stuff cleaned/taken care of and relax a bit. I used to be totally OCD about that stuff and would get guilty if I slacked, but Im trying to listen to my body a lot better nowadays! Once you've really been down physically due to stress you never want that to happen again!!

I do think I'm still a tiny bit of low energy due to no soda as well. No headaches or anything like that, just not as peppy! The green tea helps a little... but I do tend to drop at about 6:00!

I didn't go to the grocery store yesterday either... I may go today just for a few things. I think i have enough food otherwise to last me until Friday when I usually stop with the kids for stuff for the weekend. So I'm just going to pick up a few avocados and some full fat cream, eggs and bacon to last me until then. have about four errands to run after work, but then can hang at the house and attempt to cook my pork loin!

Today is sprint day, so tabatas on the bike right after work. I wish I could do them the same day I do weights, but I already can tell that with both of those if I really want to do full out sprints and weights to exhaustion, I can't do anything else before or after!! (except maybe a long walk later after a few hours).

Breakfast today was mixed veggies with two eggs. The veggies I stir fry in coconut oil too, so there's fat on that...

I may skip lunch and just go straight to dinner, though. I get off work in four hours and do sprints... not sure i want to be eating anything the few hours before that!!!

sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Ooh I had a bean chili a couple of months ago and OWIE! My stomach was so bloated and angry.

Rubio's used to be one of my favorite places to eat in AZ...ah the $1 fish taco days I'm sure it wouldn't be as good now, but it's a nice memory.

You are what you eat,
        and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

I saw a yummy chocolate cake that used black beans. I thought about trying it but now... maybe that's not a good idea.

Yeah, sometimes it's nice to just do nothing, or close to nothing. The mind needs that once in a while. Sometimes I wish we could just shut our brains off like men do, and really think about nothing.

Good job keeping off the soda. You can totally do it!

Comment

Thanks!! Yup... I'm past the hump with soda. So now just to NEVER have any, cuz I know my weakness! Who says you can't teach an old broad new tricks?!

Dinner yesterday was only semi-primal. sigh... was tired and doing errands and stopped at whole foods to get a couple of groceries (cream, eggs, bacon, kombucha...) and went to their buffet for my dinner. I got some sauteed kale, grilled cauliflower and zucchini, pulled rotisserie chicken, red onions.. and then... 2 falafel and some hummus. I have a total weakness for falafel, but after eating I was a bit bloaty for almost 5 hours. I'm really starting to feel the difference when I eat wheat/beans! Maybe i can come up with a falafel alternative, LOL..

So breakfast today, two cups of tea with cream. YUM!!! Totally makes green tea taste smooth and creamy to me. I think i added probably 1-1/2 to 2 tbsp each time and totally filled me up until ...

made the mistake of having a SLIVER of cinnamon rolls from the company "brunch" today. Almost immediatley after that I was hungry. I totally think it was psychological hunger mostly, or my body reacting to the sugar rush, but whatever it was it sucked. I lasted about 45 minutes and then went and had lunch. Which isn't so bad since it was just after noon and I got to work at 7:30 ...

Had spaghetti squash with meat and onion sauce and marinara for lunch, and had some almonds because I realized there was not nearly enough fat in that dish without something extra. Feeling good now, at 1, so should be able to do last fine until after dance class.

So another lesson learned. Can't have any of that sugar stuff. I've been craving it a lot more lately, but I think that's because I stopped drinking for the most part and only have some usually on the weekends. so maybe the body's craving it there, and looking for it in any form.

Anywho... back to work. Will definitely keep track of stuff and post tonight after I have dinner.

Oh, I crock potted some pork last night, it's pulled and in the fridge today, so will have that and avocado and whatever else for dinner.

And I did sprints yesterday. Tabatas on the bike. Feels funny going in the gym and coming out about 6 minutes later! LOL... I'm not so fond of sprints, but I know it's a good thing and it's only 4 minutes long, so I can deal!!

Comment

Okay... So had another cup of tea with cream for a snack (I looked and I put barely a tbsp in there, so I was overestimating before)... which totally held me over through my dance class. Class was AWESOME... I skipped Monday so really pushed myself today and my body feels great!

Dinner was veggies, pulled pork, avocado, little bit of greek yogurt with garlic powder and mustard, all mixed together. And I'm having a glass of wine. I'll put it all into the system later, but thinking I prolly still am under calories... but I think I'm okay on fat and protein and not too bad on carbs.

Going to dinner with an old friend I worked with at my old job from hell (really, i do not kid!) tomorrow so that will be super fun.

And looking forward to the weekend. Time with the kidlets and lots of errands and home stuff. I'm putting those kids to work! :-)

Comment

Yum, pulled pork is so good to have around! I had some for breakfast with eggs And it's good just as a snack on it's own too.

When TT came to visit me she brought a bit of her raw cream to share with me, and we put it in our tea that afternoon. I had a lavender tea, and I've never had cream in tea before...it was wonderful! I can totally see how it could become a vice I love my coffee black, and don't ever want to mess up the roasty flavor, but tea is different. I only have like 2 tablespoons of the cream left, but I plan on having it with the lavender tea again!

You are what you eat,
                and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Great journal - I didn't want to be a 'stalker', so thought I would say 'hi'

Lxxx

Comment

Thanks Lekki!

So I haven't been posting regularly, but I probably never will, LOL. I had a tendency towards OCD perfectionism in my past and ended up running myself down to a point where I had no energy at all. So I'm super protective of myself lately... of my energy, my time, and if I feel like I'm doing too much I have no qualms about cutting back. It's new, but I'm liking it!

Had a super errand day today... my hubby is coming home in a week and a half (ish), and this is the last weekend I have to get stuff done because next weekend my daughter and I are driving up to San Francisco to tour the school (sfsu) and the city and meet up with my old college roommates. She's going there this fall, so it's our little bonding weekend to get her used to the city and see what it's like. Plus I get to see my friends, who haven't seen me in a LONG time! It'll be fun. However, I get home sunday evening and my hubby gets home soon afterward, so I had to get ALL my stuff done. Daughter and I headed out this morning at 9:30 and didn't get home until 6:30!! Crazy. The good part... and here's the PB tie ... is that I'm notoroious for only doing 2-3 errands at a time before I'm beat and tired and go home. Today we did 9 hours of errands and I still had energy when we were done. SO FABULOUS!!!!!

I've mentioned that I have thyroid issues (take meds) and had adrenal stuff... but basically I think that eating PB has really started to help normalize my hormones. I know it will take a while because I have so much going on, but the difference is so incredible.

This morning for brekky I had one fried egg (in coconut oil), two slices of bacon and my homemade chai latte (chai tea, with cream and a bit of stevia). Yum!!! Held me over until we finally stopped for lunch at Henry's (a local health food store). I got some egg salad (eggs, mayo, salt, pepper, celery), and a sausage stick and piece of cheese (small ones). Yum!!! I was pretty hungry. I think had I eaten two eggs instead and some more fat I'd have lasted longer, but still, It was six hours, which is about right for me.

We went thrift store shopping today which was AWESOME! LOL. I found two new pairs of pants for work and some jean capris, and a shirt and a skirt. Daughter bought a cute vest and shirt and skirt, and we bought some books.

All in all an awesome day!! I still need to do some things around the house, laundry, cleaning... dye my greys out of my hair!! But it has been a productive day.

I'm having a vodka/mineral water with lime... just relaxing.

Tomorrow I get to mow the lawn that hasn't seen a mower since hubby left. Oops!! Ours died and I couldn't buy one and then it's been raining a lot. I finally found someone who could lend me their mower (and got a weed whacker as a bonus!), so I picked them up today. Tomorrow I get to clean up the dog poo... and then attack the jungle. I'm counting this as my exercise :-)

I also get to clean out and vacuum my car for our trip. I think that should count too!

Seriously. I haven't had this much energy in years. Woohoo!

Comment

Minxxa -- happy reunion! Which day does your husband get back?

Glad you're doing so well.

Comment

LOL, i can't actually say exactly when. First because I only have an idea, or range of times-- and it can change, and usually does. But also because of security... we're not supposed to ever communicate dates/times of anything over phone, or internet. They call it OPSEC-- operational security.

Anywhoo... soon. LOL..

Comment

I understand! I hadn't thought of that!

So, you'll just tell us after the fact, that'll be fine.

Comment

Hello Minxxa, you and I have a lot in common...I'll be 42 next week, have 2 teenagers (boys, 13 & 14), and a military husband. Can most definitely relate to the stresses of his deployment and homecoming. However, I also know it from the other side, as I'm military too (7 months in Afghanistan in 2008 and I just returned home nearly 3 weeks ago from 6 weeks in Haiti). Don't worry about everything being perfect for his return, he'll not notice half of your efforts, if he's like most men! He'll likely be happy enough just being home and with you.

In the meantime, also try and enjoy the next week and a half, his return can throw an unexpected curve in your primal efforts. I recall when mine returned from deployment a few years ago, I had been on a fairly regimented food and workout routine (more CW than primal then), and it quickly reverted to old habits after the homecoming. You'll need to remain diligent and dedicated.

I'm looking forward to hearing how this works for you, hopefully the primal way is easier to stick with (am new at this myself at the moment).

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

I totally get what you're saying. I do have things I want to do, but there's a point where you realize it's not gonna happen and let it go!!

I'm actually hoping that after having kind of crap food he'll be glad to have good cooking. For the most part he could be primal, except for bread... and since I've cleaned out the house, he's stuck with what's here, LOL. We'll see though. I'm not going to force it, just hopefully make it so cool he won't notice!!

Comment

Well, had a super productive day and I'm BEAT!:-)

I got up and made eggs and bacon for me and the boy child. Then went outside to tackle the yard. Let's just say it was a job! The grass was up to 2 feet in some sections, and weeds, etc. Between the mower and the weed whacker (which I had to use in places to cut down low enough to attempt wiht the mower), I spent about 3 hours outside getting it all cleared away. I have about 5 blisters on my hands (I know gloves... duh! but I didn't have any!!) And my back and shoulders are killing! But felt really good to get it done.

Did laundry, cleaned the house, washed the dog and put stuff away.

So now I'm just chilling out for the evening. Going to go to bed early I can tell. I have three days left before I leave on my SF trip with the daughter, so trying to get some stuff done each day. But I accomplished a lot this weekend!!

Breakfast: eggs w/onions and peppers, avocado, tomatoes, and chai tea with cream.

Lunch: eggs with onions and peppers, small piece raw milk cheese, chai tea with cream.

Dinner: leftover orange chicken. Booo! The boy had some and i ate the leftover part. I'm sure I'll regreat it, but oh well. Drinking some water right now...

Comment

Working...
                                X