Hello there. Thank you for stopping by. I am here for critiques so feel free to speak your mind!
I am a grokette in my early 20's. This is supposed to be the time that I enjoy my youth and enjoy the capabilities of my body. I want to be as healthy as I can so that I can be confident with men (feel good in my body) and feel my best when active climbing or hiking, skiing or walking. The biggest obstacle I am learning to overcome is binge eating. This has been going on for about a year. I tried going full on PB about six months ago and felt great but I was being super strict and the binging got worse because I wasn't really enjoying my food and I almost have this voice in the back of my head that tells me to ruin my success becasue I don't deserve it. I guess I am a little psychotic but who isn't?
1) The first huge goal is to never binge eat again. I can have a little dessert or somehting in the "20 percent" as long as it is as close to primal as possible. However, I am making it a priority to control myself by having one serving. ONE. I cannot keep internally defending my decisions to go back and eat more, and then something else high in carbs... and then just screwing the whole day up.
2) My second goal is to eliminate dairy. Today is my first day with butter only. I will be butter and Ghee only until I use up the good grass-fed stuff I have. I don't think this will be difficult for me at all.
3) My weight goal is to loose at whatever pace my body wants but I would like to be at least somewhat comfortable in a bathing suit by July 4h since I am going on a vacation. I am currently 165ish pounds at 5'7". I want to be 150 pounds or less by July 4th (so about 15 pounds in 4 months). I will make new goals thereafter but my final goal weight is less than 130 pounds. This is more than a realistic goal as I have a very small frame. I will also be taking waist measurements to track my progress.
4) I need to sleep at appropriate times. Going to be before 2 AM is a rarity for me but I am trying to get in bed before midnight every night and getting up before 9 every morning. This will be very tough for me to do but I think it is important. My job is flexible and I do a lot a home so there is no concrete motivator to get me on a schedule.
5) I need to get to the gym or go outside more than I am now. I am aiming to have a good workout at least 3 times/week. Walking, bike riding, sprinting, and lifting weights or doing body weight exercises are the usual. I have asthma pretty bad so I cannot jog or run very long and can only do a few sprints at a time. Hopefully my asthma will clear up eventually!
And, as I said in the beginning, I am here for help so come check up on me and either offer an opinion or just post something so I know that you are watching me and want me to succeed.