No announcement yet.

Confessions of a Sugar Addict

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice work on the avoidance strategies. It's an annoying but necessary thing when trying to be polite and you've found a way to feed the birds at the same time!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Comment

• yoga was fab last night and I'm really hoping to make this part of my weekly routine. found a groupon for 75 a month at my studio and I definitely can make that work.

Coming home I Did not eat great. I thought my mom made chicken for dinner. She did not. She made pizza. So I didn't plan for anything and had already had eggs twice (and damn are these farm eggs pricey) so I cooked up my bunch of swiss chard and had a little eggplant parm on top (no breadcrumbs). Also ended with 2 dark choco pieces (88% endangered species...jum) and a spoonful of almond butter.

I recently looked up what a meatzza was because pizza is one of my biggest weaknesses by far. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS CRACK?!?!?! For some reason I thought it was just cualiflower crust pizza (which seems to exist as well) but MEAT CRUST PIZZA?!?!?! I Must try this. Too bad no one will eat it with me

Anyways, last night I had a dream. A primal dream. The dream involved some sort of loss of control, I remember seeing various peanut butter cups being stuffed into my mouth, massive congestion, hives, acnes breakouts, weight gain, fatigue. WHOA it was bed, but mostly I have a very clear image of not being able to breath and saying "F*CK IT" and shoving more peanut butter cups into my mouth. Whoa. Signs.

Comment

• I have made the cauliflower crust and the meatza. Both are absolutely amazing and totally take care of my craving for pizza. I like the taco meatza a lot, also if you find a recipe for the cauliflower crust- leave out the egg. Enjoy your meatza!

Comment

• Forget meatza (ok well, maybe not, lol - but I have something easier) - and try pizza "salad". One the best things I've been eating this year! Basically take your favourite pizza toppings (mine are onions, green peppers, mushrooms, bacon, and pepperoni) saute them together, add a ton of spinach at the end and let it wilt, then add some tomato concentrate, a bit of red wine vinegar (or just water) to loosen up the concentrate, pizza seasonings (garlic, basil, oregano, etc.) and then if you're doing dairy add a few pieces of cheese on top and either let it melt in the pan or pop it the oven on broil til the cheese melts. This shit is for REALZ!! I'm not a huge fan of salads, and I can easily get 5-7 servings of veggies in this way. Hazzah!

Also I generally can pizza-fy anthing. Omelet -add pizza sauce and toppings, and BOOM pizza omelet! Butterflied chicken breasts, pizza sauce and toppings - BOOM Chicken pizza! I think this way I actually eat more "pizza" than I did before primal lol. I challenge you to pizza-fy something!

I FREAKING love food. Let me know if you got some other favourites you want primalized and I'll see what I can do I also make a wicked awesome, and totally primal "Big Mac" Salad if you're interested. It has been confirmed even by non-primals to taste *exactly* like a big mac.
          Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
          My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
          Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• Originally posted by AbigailLyn View Post
            Congrats on the 200 jenn! SO EXCITING! I am going to eat an extra huge hunk of meat tonight in your celebration!
            Thank you! And feel free to celebrate again as I reached 198 over the weekend.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by primalmontana View Post
              I have made the cauliflower crust and the meatza. Both are absolutely amazing and totally take care of my craving for pizza. I like the taco meatza a lot, also if you find a recipe for the cauliflower crust- leave out the egg. Enjoy your meatza!
              Oooooh sounds amazing. If you have any good recipes send them my way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal-JoJo View Post
                Forget meatza (ok well, maybe not, lol - but I have something easier) - and try pizza "salad". One the best things I've been eating this year! Basically take your favourite pizza toppings (mine are onions, green peppers, mushrooms, bacon, and pepperoni) saute them together, add a ton of spinach at the end and let it wilt, then add some tomato concentrate, a bit of red wine vinegar (or just water) to loosen up the concentrate, pizza seasonings (garlic, basil, oregano, etc.) and then if you're doing dairy add a few pieces of cheese on top and either let it melt in the pan or pop it the oven on broil til the cheese melts. This shit is for REALZ!! I'm not a huge fan of salads, and I can easily get 5-7 servings of veggies in this way. Hazzah!

Also I generally can pizza-fy anthing. Omelet -add pizza sauce and toppings, and BOOM pizza omelet! Butterflied chicken breasts, pizza sauce and toppings - BOOM Chicken pizza! I think this way I actually eat more "pizza" than I did before primal lol. I challenge you to pizza-fy something!

I FREAKING love food. Let me know if you got some other favourites you want primalized and I'll see what I can do I also make a wicked awesome, and totally primal "Big Mac" Salad if you're interested. It has been confirmed even by non-primals to taste *exactly* like a big mac.
                All sounds delicious. I feel like I need to get creative and pizzafy something now, but really I crave grabbing a slice of pizza and pigging out to ward off hangover. It's the only thing that cures me and is SO DELICIOUS. I think Meatzza may be the way to go next time...

Also you are INFECTIOUS and I am so excited to make something pizza-y now. Too bad it's bed time

Comment

• So, this weekend wasn't GREAT. I went to a birthday party saturday night and not knowing anyone made me really anxious and I devoured everything in sight. Still stuck *mostly* to primal - ate a lot of the dips with cheese instead of crackers - but ate WAY TOO MUCH cheese and had a few "gluten free" treats (the cupcakes were bomb...but it was mostly my sugar cravings being sated which I'm trying not to do).

Yesterday I had some cake for father's day. I also got a little too tipsy (hell with it...I was drunk) at brunch as I went in to visit the restaurant and everyone gives me free things. Not a bad set up.

Anyways, I had a raging headache last night after the cake and having a few bites of cookie dough that I made my friend. I also cooked her dinner because she was lazy and she wanted swizz chard and beans. She offered me some saying "It's Paleo!" and I had to explain why legumes were un-paleo (at least in their canned form). She immediately adopted that "poor you" look, but funny enough legumes are something I thought I would miss and don't in the slightest, probably mostly because they can never compare to guatemalan black beans so really, what's the point.

Anyways, today was great!

8:00 am - 3 strips bacon and 3 eggs scrambled in their greasiness. Plus 1 lamb riblet from father's day grill lunch (lamb riblets are, apparently, a strip of lamb bacon on a bone with about an inch of fat. Um...delicious. The fat melts in your mouth).
                  3:00 pm - 2 garlic scapes. No time to break for lunch
                  6:00 pm - pot roast. Lots of meat with some carrots, onions, a few slices of potatoes, some beet greans and brussel sprouts.
                  8:00 pm - lamb riblet, 2 pieces 85% dark chocolate, one with coconut oil and one with almond butter. plus tea.

Exercise
                  body's exhausted. Started the day at 6 with 1.5 hrs of hot yoga (great way to start the day) and, as usual, won shavasana (I know it's not a competition...obviously it's yoga...but I pride myself in my ability to instantly fall asleep in shavasana and not wake up until everyone else has left the room). Farm was exhausting too, spent the first 3 hours weeding onions, then did a few hours of hoeing, raking, plantings, trench digging, trench burying, and carrying heavy things around. Now I need to stretch and meditate pre-bed.

Energy
                  Great all day. Not sure if it was yoga this morning or what. I was a little hung over all day (from yesterday afternoon...not really understanding this one) but it didn't stop me, and surprisingly my energy didn't die as it usually does from skipping a meal.

Mood
                  Stellar, although I will say that lately I'm defining my self worth based on male attention which is unhealthy.

Acne
                  Seems to be healing nicely.

So, today was great, and I unintentionally (I think) did vlc. Maybe. I did have quite a few carrot chunks at dinner and the chocolate pieces may have upped it a bit, but that doesn't worry me. Considering how much physical labor I did today I think this is great. My pants were hanging pretty loose at the farm today too. Not sure that I've lost weight or maybe it was just the skipped lunch, but yay.

Feels good to be back on track! This evening we dropped off a delivery at the bakery in town who aaaaaaaaaaalways gives us cookies. And they are good cookies (although last time I didn't cave either) and luckily she gave me a non chocolate one (but a chocolatey walnut deliciousness in front of me and I have not a chance) that was just fruity things and grossness so I just gave it to my parents. Success

Comment

• Sounds like you had a fabulous day! I'm not gonna lie, very curious about the "stellar" mood lol. How did your date that wasn't supposed to be a date go - and is the stellar feeling related??? Or if I'm too nosy, just say so hehe.
                    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
                    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
                    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal-JoJo View Post
                      Sounds like you had a fabulous day! I'm not gonna lie, very curious about the "stellar" mood lol. How did your date that wasn't supposed to be a date go - and is the stellar feeling related??? Or if I'm too nosy, just say so hehe.
                      BAH! I wish a date related to my stellar feeling. Trust me, it has unfortunately nothing to do with it. And that "hopefully not a real date" had nothing to do with it because it never happened. He ended up having a familial thing. Dodged a bullet there! Nope, just related to being in a good mood!

On a side note, I DID stop taking birth control. Not sure if that effects it, but we'll see!

Comment

• Forgot to mention yesterday that an old friend from high school swung by the farm to help out. Great to see him, but somewhere along minute 4 he started telling me about his nutritional rebirth and how he's a vegan now and only eats whole foods and olive oil is bad for you because it's extracted from olives and you only get the fat (wait...I'm confused...isn't that the best part?) and how now he cooks his veggies in VEGGIE STOCK?!?!?! AVOIDING A SITUATION WHERE BUTTER CAN BE ADDED?!?!?! I don't get it. Whatever.

Anyways...it was really hard for me to be a part of this conversation, so he just spoke and I ocassionally threw out a "Yea!" when he remarked on the tastiness of kale...or something like that. I guess in a lot of ways we're not too different, both focusing on real food, but he was triumphing on his recent conversion of his parents from white to wheat flower and I'm triumphing on making my parents eat 20 lbs of grassfed meat with me a month. Different priorities I guess.

And on a totally separate note my mom just came up to me with a tub of white stuff and goes "do you want this lamb fat?" Oh my god my eyes just sparkled. It's well over a cup of grass fed lamb...tallow? - What is the fat from lamb called - from when we cooked the riblets the other night. Mmmmm breakfast is going to be delicious from now on

Comment

• My boss at a health club is almost purely vegetarian. It makes it hard for me, as the nutritional counselor, to dish out advice around her. I definitely find myself biting my tongue about the health benefits of red meat and saturated fat. Yeah, I agree with her on the veg part, but processed soybean burgers!? Are you f-ing kidding me!!??

Comment

• Sugar is good for you; starches like grains are the problem.

Comment

• Heeeeeey poptarts!

So, haven't journaled in a couple days, yesterday it was because I was feeling really bummy (again, why do I base my self worth on what I perceive that other people think of me?). I have stuck to entirely primal although late night and probs overdosing it on the yogurt and berries (yum) and almond butter. Pretty proud of me though, and funny thing happened today - the farmer and his family (the bread people) brought snack for me and said something like "you don't eat bread right?" so either they're catching on or I was not quite as slick as I thought I was with my bread hiding. Ut oh.

Anyways, tonight after spending 12 hours at the farm in BRUTAL heat and humidity I went to a rock climbing gym with my friend for a couple hours. It was awesome, men are gorgeous, and holy shit do I want to be able to hold myself up by my pinkies. Long way to go, I never have been known for having upper body strength, but at yoga the other day the teacher commented on my strength. I was flabbergasted and am still convinced she only included me in the strong group because I hadn't left yet, but still!

Today I felt like yuck this morning - residual from last night. I went to the farm late night and just sat out, tried to kill a few rats and a bunny (let's face it, I'm a lousy shot on purpose, who the hell kills bunnies) and just wallow in my sorrows. Adjusting is hard, and each day seems to bring about new challenges. Oh well, asi es la vida.

Apart from that things have been good. Energy's been up, food intake's been clean, been exercising probably too much (that's the one area I reeeeeally don't follow MDA because I cannot justify picking heavy things up just for the sake of picking them up...I do it for work all the time though I guess...and because I thoroughly enjoy exercising). I'm thinking if I make the rock gym a weekly thing maybe I'll be able to do a pullup sometime in the near future. Those guys are ripped (yum abs).

And tomorrow I have the day off because it's too hot to work!! ... What does one do with a day off?

Comment

• Okay guys. I woke up at 5:30 anyways today because...well...that's what I'm programmed to do. Now it's not even 8 and I've already eaten my delicious eggs cooked in lamb tallow (LOVE YOU MEAT CSA) and coffee and have done all of the NYtimes daily puzzles.

So, I'm taking a poll - what does one do on a day off? I'm thinking maybe organizing my life? I haven't had time to be a functioning human being (aka cleaning, fixing my bike, etc) in months. Hmmmm...ideas

Comment

Working...
                                X