Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it sounds to me like you do know what you are doing. Sounds great to me. Now excuse me, I have to go make me some soup!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Marvelous. Roasted veggie soup is great!

Comment

Happy new years folks. I am starting off my new year with a Whole 30 effort. I have gotten a little sloppy with my diet these last few weeks and it is time to buckle down and get rid of these last 40 lbs. I have been stuck round 260 for months now and I have been craving more food of late. I suspect I have not been eating enough and then eating too much when food appears again.

I work a fairly hard physical job and I suspect I need more carbs during some days than others or I start to feel weirdly sick to my stomach. In fact I think I might actually be hungry but I have never felt this before so I dont know. It is not a particularly bad pain, just a discomfort that becomes quite annoying. A gnawing sharp and unpleasant pain in my belly, not points lower which is what I always experienced. I am not doing the low blood sugar weirdness I used to have but I do feel tired when the cramping starts and I just want to sit down more. In fact this has made IF'ing almost impossible for now. It was easy to do when I was off work and had nothing but physio and walking the dog to do but now at work I just cant seem to make it work.

I do tend to be lazy in the morning and just make some (4) boiled eggs and butter for breakfast and that leaves me empty by 11 am then lunch is at 12 30 and though filling, it does not seem like enough so I am empty by 4. I get home at 6 and often am kinda ravenous.

If I make a veggie heavy egg fry up for breakfast instead and bring more veggies to nibble on, I dont get this running on empty sore tummy and tired's. I know I know the solution is simple. I just worry that I might be eating too much this way and if I eat too much I wont loose weight....

So the whole 30 starting tomorrow. Buckle down and get back to basics and straighten things out again, veggy heavy of course.
        Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

Actually Warmbear, your soup recipe IS in Joy of Cooking. Page 244 in my edition.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can go wrong eating more veg. You have to fuel yourself and work is work. It has to be your first priority, at least while you're there. It's great that you are turning to veg instead of doughnuts!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I'm thinking you might need a little more protein & fat. Just a guess.

I'm also working on getting back to basic primal.

Comment

Ewwwwww donuts would make me so sick. frankly I want to turn to Pizza. Wont do it but yeah. I suspect my problem is too much meat and fat and not enough Veggie volume.

I made another pot of my roasted veggie soup and made 3 times as much this time and froze 3 lunches out of it. I also made a big ol' roasted porc belly which I chopped up and added to the soup lunches.

I went to the fruit store and got this weeks supplies of veg. I made a bottle salad dressing to bring with me so now I can bring a shit tonne of veg with me to work. Tomorrow starts the whole 30. we shall see wont we.
              Last edited by Warmbear; 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM.
              Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Comment

so today is day 3 of a whole 30. My first and frankly so far I have felt like shit. Mayhaps it is the purging of the few indulgences I have enjoyed over the holidayz but I have been bloated and cramping and have the runs in a great big way that has not happened since I went paleo, Hopefully this will pass soon?

I was reading over at Rob Wolff's blog about coffee, he asked "do you actually like coffee"? Or is it a vehicle for a cream and sugar fix? Or is it to make up for a lack of sleep or energy? Well I love the smell of coffee beans, I love the smell of brewing coffee but I dont like the taste or mouth feel of black coffee. I prefer it with a smidge of chocolate mixed in and a bit of milk to smooth out the mouth feel.

Does this mean I dont like coffee and should not drink it? Should I drink a big mug of bone broth instead? Just the thought makes feel slow and grumpy. I may be addicted to coffee too though I only drink the one vary large cup in the mornings.

Comment

This whole 30 so far has not been hard but for 1 thing, coffee without any sweetener at all and just coconut milk irritates the crap outta my throat. I cough for an hour after a cup of coffee. wtf? Anybody have any suggestions? Is it the coconut milk? I really cant stand the mouth feel of coffee without a thickener. grrrrrr

Comment

Have you tried unsalted butter in your coffee? or, since you are on whole30, ghee?

Comment

Yep. I love it. not too often though.

Comment

1 week into the whole 30 and all is good but for the farts... Holey windy cows batman! All day at work I have been tooting my own horn, is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                          This whole 30 so far has not been hard but for 1 thing, coffee without any sweetener at all and just coconut milk irritates the crap outta my throat. I cough for an hour after a cup of coffee. wtf? Anybody have any suggestions? Is it the coconut milk? I really cant stand the mouth feel of coffee without a thickener. grrrrrr
                          After about a week on my second Whole 30, I realized that I just wasn't enjoying coffee with coconut milk and I went black, cold turkey. I had never been a sweetener user, but I sure loved my Carnation Milk or double cream. Well, wouldn't you know, black coffee tastes great! That was in May and I've been taking it black ever since.

Screw up your courage and try it black for a day or two. Guarantee it will grow on you...

Comment

Booyeah now lets see if I manage to stick to this whole 30 today. My daughter was born last night. Everybody send mom and Daughter positive thoughts. Thora was born at 10 55 pm Jan 9 2013. 7 lbs 9 ounces and a perfect redhead. I have not had a chance to eat since yesterday morning. ( making breakfast now.) thank the gods for fasting.

Hail Odin, Hail the gods, Hail the glorious ancestors I have a healthy Girl may she grow strong and tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                              Booyeah now lets see if I manage to stick to this whole 30 today. My daughter was born last night. Everybody send mom and Daughter positive thoughts. Thora was born at 10 55 pm Jan 9 2013. 7 lbs 9 ounces and a perfect redhead. I have not had a chance to eat since yesterday morning. ( making breakfast now.) thank the gods for fasting.

Hail Odin, Hail the gods, Hail the glorious ancestors I have a healthy Girl may she grow strong and tall.
                              Hello Warmbear!

Happy Heathen Halfling-Arrival!! Congratulations! And I definitely am sending your new one and her mama positive thoughts!! And a redhead, too?!?! Perfect! I almost had one - she was born with the darkest burgundy hair but lightened up to strawberry blond and now is old-gold-haired. Honestly excited for you!

Hang in there - I did a Whole30 back in October 2012. It almost killed me a couple of times, but in the end it was sooooo worth it.
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Congratulations Warmbear! All the best to Thora and her mum and dad! I love the name. And now you have a new reason to be healthy and happy and full of energy.

Comment

Working...
                                X