Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it is 4 am, the baby has just stopped crying, I have written a goofy reply to my favorite thread and now feel the need to blog and you lucky folks get to bear the brunt of my bloggishness.

On the employment front, I have gotten a job I really like though it is mostly part time. So yay poverty. I have gone back to being a bike mechanic in a very winter heavy city.... I enjoy the job immensely and will at least be happy and broke instead of miserable and broke so that's an improvement right? Not only a mechanic in fact but part of a team of urban cycling activists that promote all year urban cycling as a viable means of transportation and frankly freezing your nards off while moving about in a city with the best public transport system in the country....... Montreal is a great city built around the top of an extinct volcano poking out of the middle of the St Lawrence River. Much of the island is hilly, very hilly and since we are in the middle of this big ass river, it is windy too. So of course cycling is huge here.

To make up the difference I have started working on starting my own part time business making and hopefully selling traditional archery related crafted goods. Primarily wooden bows, some leather stuff and if I can get the suppliers lined up custom made arrows for hunting and target shooting. I like making bows and arrows and bracers and quivers etc but the selling of this stuff is where I am a mite thin. I need to work on an Etsy page for example and yeah lots of things to think about. So if you have a hankering for a wooden bow then please shout out.

Now my wife hates it but for years I have sold a few bows a few dozen arrows etc under the name of Brokenaxe Archery and I kinda love this name, it is weird and quirky and it has a back story. However my wife, who is someone who fancies herself a marketing whiz and knowledgeable in the ways of business thinks this is a bad name and I should mainstream it, make it sound like every other schmuck out there who is selling stuff, why it might even offend someone.

My wife is one of those modern white feminists from an affluent family who feels the need to prove she is one with the masses, properly resents her privileged upbringing and in solidarity with the downtrodden poor brown people of the world, spends all her mental energy being offended by things and sucking the quirky fun out of life. Frankly I dont do PC, I dont do offended unless it is really offensive and I roll my eyes a lot at some of her ideas but then I am a white guy who apparently has a lot of privileges in this world and clearly am incapable of understanding.... I am also apparently a racist but that makes no sense to me either.

Anyways all that aside, I think being me, being quirky and weird is going to show through and work for me and will feel more authentic as I market myself as a craftsman, what do you think? Would you trust a craftsman to make you something with a goofy name like this?

For those who know me, one thing is abundantly clear. I am weird, Gonzo like weird in many cases though I dont have his impressive nose or his odd obsession with chickens. This it seems is camouflage for life long anxiety and depressive problems that going paleo helped but not as much as I would like. It turns out I have a bad case of all the symptoms of PTSD. Have been this way all my life which would explain so many things, including as I said depression and anxiety. The Doc gave me a screening test and my results were 50 % above where they would go yep you have PTSD so now what one has to ask. 400 ish different jobs in my life, few lasting more than 6 months, 3 marriages and many many failed relationships makes a guy wonder what the hell is wrong with everyone else.

So on top of everything else I now find out I should get therapy I cant afford. yay.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• FWIW, I really like that name but I am American as in born and raised in the U.S.A. Of course you are also on this great continent, since we not being PC I can just call myself American and you probably get the idea. Why is Brokenaxe Archery offensive? Is it the name of a tribe? It has nice assonance and is easy to say and remember.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• You bike riding Montrealians sure are tough. I live in a small town in Northern CA. that has weather that is positively mild and hardly anyone bikes. In fact most of the people you see on bikes probably ride because they lost their licence. I think there is maybe one guy in town that wears actual biking clothes and rides for pleasure. I much prefer riding my bike to driving, our town is small enough (and flat) so everything is pretty close together. The problem is the main street is also a highway and there are no bike lanes and when you ride in the country there's no shoulder. So not a bike friendly town. Last fall a bunch of us got together and did a Critical Mass, it was very fun to take over the main st (highway) and make the cars wait for us.

That's so cool that you make bow and arrows. My son got a taste of archery at school last semester and he really liked it. He said he rarely got a chance to shoot because they didn't have enough bows his size and the class was full of idiots that wasted the teacher's time. He signed up for the class because he wanted to learn archery only to find out that a lot of the other students were in there just because they thought it would be any easy class. He's been home schooled for the last 5 yrs so he wasn't used to the anti-learning attitude he encountered. He came away with the belief that if you want to turn a kid off to something, make it a class.
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Congrats on the new job! And I agree,

I enjoy the job immensely and will at least be happy and broke instead of miserable and broke so that's an improvement right?
          is a total improvement. Broke is just broke. Miserable is... well, miserable.

Good luck with your new biz. I don't get the negativity in your biz name, but don't go by me as I'm probably close to being as weird as you.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I just remembered I have forgotten to remember about this blog... So needing to giggle a little bit I went in search of the perfect place to say out loud that I have proof organic gluten free hippie kraft dinner is so truly disgusting that a cheese happy 2 year old wont touch the stuff my wife insists is delish.

She made said KD and I made a random stir fry of onion, cabbage, radish, garlic and a chopped tomato fried in lard with Dijon mustard a handful of rice and a can of salmon. Nothing special not particularly good or anything. Thora refuse the extra cheesy hippy organic KD and nommed my lunch out from under me.

Given the choice she turns her nose up at Halloween candy for some of my dark chocolate, loves my natural peanut butter but wont take any of the Kraft stuff the in-laws offered her....

I may have created a paleo kid.

she loves all veggies so far, will slurp liver, loves a ton of butter with her eggs and turns her nose up at most over sweet things, well except iced cream as no one says no to iced cream if they are in their right mind.
            Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Ah... a daddy's girl. And thank heaven for paleo kids.

The first (and only) time my mom tried a Kraft mac 'n' cheese, she said, "What the hell is that?" Then calmly scraped it into the garbage and made a sandwich.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
              X