Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So breakfast today for Thora was strawberries and nanabas well smooshed. Cuteness ad nausium and of course so she is teething so add in much slobber and slime.

sloppyThora (8).jpg
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• OMG - what a doll baby! I see she stashed a little food in her collar for later - smart girl. She really is beautiful.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• adorable factor running strong!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Unbelievable cuteness!
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Sigh Snerfly baby was snerfly all night. We have a bad head cold and the yellowy ooze is well, oozy. I got it and was done in 3 days but the poor kid is having a hard time.

Seems we are victims of the Montreal Comicon crud. 42000 people in 3 days came through the con and came away with this crud thing that now everyone in Montreal has, a sore throat then the head cold from hell and it is super contagious.

Everywhere you look it is oozy shambling infected zombies, on the bus, in the metro, on the street. I have never seen such a bad cold spread so fast and so completely.

Beware the infected.
            Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Comment

• On a different note, I have been trying to understand how to best go and stay in a vlc keto state. sure I know HF LC and low protein but as I am constitutionally incapable of reliably food logging counting calories or measuring things outside of the eyeball method I am wondering if folks have suggestions on how to eyeball my portions to stay keto for the winter.

I love me my protein and I am sure I am eating too much even though it does not seem like it at the time.

Is there a suggested amount? say 1gr protein/k body weight or some such?
              Last edited by Warmbear; 09-28-2013, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• You can always go back to the basic rule of a palm sized portion of protein at each meal. I mean - you always have the option of looking at your hand and deciding if you're having too much steak or foul. I'm not sure that rule applies to fish - but I'd guess its a close approximation as well.

Sorry for all the crud spreading through the masses Hope it stays away from my part of the world.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Palm sized eh? i have big hands I do and I normally run to 2x that much meat at a serving and I only eat twice a day anyways.

Comment

• Gods I hate having an anxiety disorder. It turns everything I do some days into a long line of gut wrenching sweat inducing miseries. I started a new job this week and everything I do has me screaming inside. Nothing feels right and I am convinced they are going to fire me after a week. This has happened so many times I can almost feel it before it happens. This is the third try in the last 6 weeks and each time I get let go for not having enough experience and the job skills to do what I went to school to learn....

Sorry to whine at y'all but I need an outlet or I go boom.

At least I dont have the added stress of needing to eat all the time or my blood sugar crashes. Frankly I dont get hungry much at all, just tired and grumpy at the end of the day which is how I know I should eat.

Comment

• So 3 weeks in and have not been fired for incompetence yet.... however was laid off today for lack of work. Go figure. Decided to make the turkey instead of feeling down. How can you feel bad with a bacon wrapped turkey in the oven?

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the lay off, but as you say, it was better than being fired even though it all is the same in mother end. Turkey wrapped in bacon sounds like a good way to end a tough day

Comment

• What do you get when you mix chopped spinach, 2 teaspoons of butter and 5 eggs? Green scrambled eggs. What do you get when you feed it to a 10 month old? Green spray all over the table as she sneezes of course. She also ate almost all my breakfast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                            What do you get when you mix chopped spinach, 2 teaspoons of butter and 5 eggs? Green scrambled eggs. What do you get when you feed it to a 10 month old? Green spray all over the table as she sneezes of course. She also ate almost all my breakfast.
                            Put a little ham in it, and you get Green Eggs and Ham. LOL on the sneezles.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I would have but I am so broke I cant afford ham. 'Sides Thora does not yet know about it. We are so broke that supper is squirrel and cabbage.

Comment

• Heya and happy new years folks. So aside from the continuing employment issues everything seems to be doing well. Thora is eating everything we put in her way and growing like mad, she will be a year old on the 9th.

We are getting used to a much lower income level and as a result much less food in the house which is a bit freaky but ok. I have had to transition to a much higher carb load than I have used in a long time but rice and taters and cabbage are cheep.

I havealso been messing about with Richard Nickolay's resistant starch ideas and downing 3 tbsp of cold potato starch every morning with my water. OMG the gas, it sounds like I have a tuba band up my backside which the kid thinks is funny. Other than that it seems to be all good. The extra carbs I am eating dont seem to be causing the BS reaction they had before. I am slowly still loosing weight etc. I had worried that all the carbs would have thrown my BS out of whack as it used to.

Speaking of carbs..... I being the sort of person who constantly likes to see the world from others perspectives have been surfing 30bananasaday.com... Oh my brain hurts... Aside from blatant stupidity and some actual concern for others welfare I encountered a huge amount of ignorance about basic biology, metabolism and common sense.

Over and over and over in fact. They seem to believe that fats pass right into the bloodstream and congeal on your insides thereby preventing all the sugar from doing it's work....and causing diabetes.

Everyone talks about detoxing as if it is a real thing and who the fuck eats 15 bananas for breaky, 11 for second breakfast 11 for lunch 11 for tea 11 for supper and on and on....

I watched a video of a girl doing this and she looked as if she was 1 struggling 2 about to puke while downing this brown slop and 3 being proud of being able to get it all down. She claimed that she does this every day and it is not easy but there ya go.

Why do people think food must be a struggle?

Comment

Working...
                                X